2 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

Glad he’s back. Price seems a little high. 

Glad he is back as well but I don't think that price is bad at all.  Probably gonna be 4-5 this year and around 10 next year.  Fills a hole with a versatile and young player for 2 years and still gives us flexibility.  

Getting him back at that number is a steal imo.  A guy that can play inside and out, and seems to make plays at the right times.  I couldn’t believe he was still on the market last week.  2 months ago I figured he’d get a nice contract from someone, for a lot more than the chiefs are paying. This is big positive for the defense. 

1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

McCranjis crying about being 2 much $$ in 3-2-1

all I can say is About Fn time. He's still going to get better

100% He is only going to get better. Had 5 sacks two years ago and 6.5 last year.  Wouldn't surprise me if he had 7-7.5 this year.  He will never be elite but he is an above avg versatile player that we need in light of Omenihu's injury.  It fills a position of need and solidifies that Dline before the draft.  Also gives us options in the event that FAU is a bust.  What positions do we "HAVE" to fill before the draft now?  Maybe LT, another WR, Vet DB, RB #3, IOL backup, and maybe vet IDL?  None of those outside of LT are musts.   This roster is coming together nicely.  Also saw a rumor that the Chiefs were interested in X. Howard.  He has the name and history, did he fall off a cliff last year?

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

He's gotten better every single year.  Love this signing. 

Tbh I thought it was a bad draft pick at the time.  Shows what I know.

He is the epitome of a championship core player.  He isn't a superstar but its a lockerroom of guys like these that make winning a 3peat possible.  Pumped he is back on that contract.  Now lets get some LT comp in here and a veteran DB and roll into the Draft BPA!

22 hours ago, oldtimer said:

No, i actually like danna and think this is a steal, he is our best defensive end imo.

the only player im really afraid they will give an extension to is bolton. I really really think paying bolton will be a mistake.

Paying danna on the other hand is smart

Bolton is a beast. I wouldn't make him the highest paid LB or close, but he deserves a decent contract extension.  Drue is the perfect complement to him on the field.

Remember when a guy like Bolton would be considered a core player and a "must re-sign" player for us?  That's how far this team has come. That's how dynasties are made. When a team gets good enough and deep enough, they can let guys like Bolton walk when they get too expensive or trade them for the same value at a cheaper price.  Amazing that we see these comments on Bolton compared to our comments would have been a decade ago. Dynasties crumble, and when they are gone, it is incredibly hard to re-build.

4 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

No, i actually like danna and think this is a steal, he is our best defensive end imo.

the only player im really afraid they will give an extension to is bolton. I really really think paying bolton will be a mistake.

Paying danna on the other hand is smart

Have you heard Spags talk about Bolton? Seems he has the exact opposite opinion that you do about Bolton's value. 

The Chiefs should be able to afford both Bolton and Creed.  T. Smith will be out of range if this year's FA market for OGs holds up.  The Chiefs will save at least $15 million cap space by replacing Smith with a rookie.  

Smith gets enormous push against stout defenses.  Loss of him would really hurt or limit the running game. That, in turn, would hurt the passing game.  I don't think we can afford NOT to have him if we want to improve the offense. The threat of running protects Mahomes as much as anything. Also, it takes a year or two to get a rookie interior O-lineman fully integrated into the O-line. I think if we lost Smith, it would significantly hold back offensive improvement. The game is won and lost in the trenches, and experience is everything.

3 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Smith gets enormous push against stout defenses.  Loss of him would really hurt or limit the running game. That, in turn, would hurt the passing game.  I don't think we can afford NOT to have him if we want to improve the offense. The threat of running protects Mahomes as much as anything. Also, it takes a year or two to get a rookie interior O-lineman fully integrated into the O-line. I think if we lost Smith, it would significantly hold back offensive improvement. The game is won and lost in the trenches, and experience is everything.

Not questioning Smith's usefulness.  As the Sneed trade illustrates, the Chiefs can't keep everyone.  The drop off from Smith to a third round rookie could be important, but not fatal and having a year as a backup IOL would mean not having to plug him in until ready.  Four very good years from a sixth rounder and getting a higher comp pick in return isn't a bad deal and one the Chiefs need to keep making if they are to remain on top.  The Chiefs will have even more decisions the following year when the guys from the 2022 draft all want contracts.  Better save up following this season.