3 hours ago, jetlord said:

Not questioning Smith's usefulness.  As the Sneed trade illustrates, the Chiefs can't keep everyone.  The drop off from Smith to a third round rookie could be important, but not fatal and having a year as a backup IOL would mean not having to plug him in until ready.  Four very good years from a sixth rounder and getting a higher comp pick in return isn't a bad deal and one the Chiefs need to keep making if they are to remain on top.  The Chiefs will have even more decisions the following year when the guys from the 2022 draft all want contracts.  Better save up following this season.

I'm with ya.  We are not resigning Trey as much as that sucks.  Don't listen to Bil. He told us the dude was gonna drop dead as soon as he hit the field 

27 minutes ago, xen said:

I'm with ya.  We are not resigning Trey as much as that sucks.  Don't listen to Bil. He told us the dude was gonna drop dead as soon as he hit the field 

Is that the same Bil that said the Hill would implode?  What would we do without our resident psychoanalyst, hematologist, and goat rancher? 🙂

Yeah can't see a path forward for Trey unless they let Bolton walk.  Its 2 of those 3 imo.  We hope someone gives Trey that 5/100 type of deal.  I actually think we draft an OG way higher than most think we will for that very reason. IOL depth this year and starter moving forward.

4 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Yeah can't see a path forward for Trey unless they let Bolton walk.  Its 2 of those 3 imo.  We hope someone gives Trey that 5/100 type of deal.  I actually think we draft an OG way higher than most think we will for that very reason. IOL depth this year and starter moving forward.

I also think they will resign creed and let tre walk; however, if creed continues with the low snaps all season like he was doing in the playoffs i could see the front office questioning that decision. I don’t expect creed to have snapping problems out of thr shotgun again this season though.

4 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

I also think they will resign creed and let tre walk; however, if creed continues with the low snaps all season like he was doing in the playoffs i could see the front office questioning that decision. I don’t expect creed to have snapping problems out of thr shotgun again this season though.

Creed did have issues in college with snapping the ball. Hopefully it doesn't cause him any concern mentally as it has yet to cost us a game.

59 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Creed did have issues in college with snapping the ball. Hopefully it doesn't cause him any concern mentally as it has yet to cost us a game.

It's caused me some concern mentally. 

Hasn't seemed to bother Mahomes. He was never concerned about me, anyway.

10 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

He had a hand injury that was disclosed after season.  They aren't walking away form him for some low snaps.  That is easily correct the part after that isn't as easy to teach and he is the best in the league now that Kelce retired.

Veach doing the 2 year deal again.....3rd year is easily cuttable.

Year Cap

Number 

Dead Money & Cap Savings

Cut (pre-June 1)

2024 $4,666,666 

$13,000,000

($8,333,334)

2025 $8,166,666 

$8,583,334

($416,668)

2026 $11,166,668 

$2,166,668