1.  Should the Chiefs trade up in the first for a starting LT?  (Might use the 2025 Titan 3rd to move up to the NFC string starting at #22)

2. Should the Chiefs trade up in the first for a WR?

3. Should the Chiefs trade back from #32 a few spaces to still get their WR and add draft capital?

4. Should the Chiefs trade up in the second to get a OT or WR in the second tier sweet spot of #35 - #45?

5. Guyton or Suamataia?

6. Pearsall or Polk if waiting until the late second?  (Forget Xen's opinion.  It's Worthy or hari kari for him.)

7. Puni, Mahogany, or Zinter to replace Andretti and eventually Tre Smith or Thuney?

8. How much would you spend to draft Sinnott?

9.  Would you draft Sweat at #95 if he fell that far and hope Cullen can fix him and keep his weight under control?

10.  Who's your draft dream that hasn't already been mocked to the Chiefs?

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

1.  Should the Chiefs trade up in the first for a starting LT?  (Might use the 2025 Titan 3rd to move up to the NFC string starting at #22)

2. Should the Chiefs trade up in the first for a WR?

3. Should the Chiefs trade back from #32 a few spaces to still get their WR and add draft capital?

4. Should the Chiefs trade up in the second to get a OT or WR in the second tier sweet spot of #35 - #45?

5. Guyton or Suamataia?

6. Pearsall or Polk if waiting until the late second?  (Forget Xen's opinion.  It's Worthy or hari kari for him.)

7. Puni, Mahogany, or Zinter to replace Andretti and eventually Tre Smith or Thuney?

8. How much would you spend to draft Sinnott, a good Missouri product who got lost and went to KU?

9.  Would you draft Sweat at #95 if he fell that far and hope Cullen can fix him and keep his weight under control?

10.  Who's your draft dream that hasn't already been mocked to the Chiefs?

1.  Next years 3rd won't get you near high enough to hit the 1st tier of left tackles.  Not sure it's worth giving up what it would take unless one of the top tier unexpected drops and after that I don't see much difference between the next tier amd some of the developmental guys in the tier after.

2. With the top 3 guys off the board I would do a small trade up if it gets you Thomas.  Otherwise no.

3. Yes.  But only if you like enough remaining receivers in that grade range that one is assured of still being there.

4.  Not unless there's a massive run on WR and OT or someone you have graded highly slips.

5. Guyton between those 2.  Not sure Suamataia can hang on the left side.

6.  Polk.  Like both but Pearsall can be pushed around by physical corners so I think he may have to be in the slot, same as McConkey.  Polk can play all over.  But yeah let's just gloss over that your scenario has us passing over a DeSean Jackson clone for these guys.  

7.  Puni.  I just puked in my mouth a little.

8. 3rd at best.  Be happier in the 4th.  Orefer more size but he's better than Grey and more upside.

9.  Yes of course.  This is not a serious question.  Cullen will whip him into shape.

10.  Not gonna say it.  😄  Seriously though if we skip OT or WR in round 1, and depending how the draft falls that's possible, someone like Darius Robinson would be outstanding on our line.

Should have been more specific.  I'm assuming the Chiefs would make a trade up only after their target was assured of being available.  In other words, a trade with another team on the clock. 

Being an uninformed college guy, the mocks seem all over the board. I saw one trading up to 19 for Worthy and others where he falls to the second. Likewise with others. WR seems all over the board. I prefer LT but think WR and LT are the biggest holes. Not big on a move up unless it is a few spots. Tenn pick next year should be a decent one and I would keep that in my pocket. They should be disappointing. Pick at 32 or move back and double up at WR in the second. 

18 hours ago, DieHard said:

Being an uninformed college guy, the mocks seem all over the board. I saw one trading up to 19 for Worthy and others where he falls to the second. Likewise with others. WR seems all over the board. I prefer LT but think WR and LT are the biggest holes. Not big on a move up unless it is a few spots. Tenn pick next year should be a decent one and I would keep that in my pocket. They should be disappointing. Pick at 32 or move back and double up at WR in the second. 

On NFL.com they joked about how several people have mocked us a different WR at that pick.

https://www.nfl.com/news/gennaro-filice-2024-nfl-mock-draft-2-0-jets-go-get-rome-odunze-pats-raiders-trade-back-into-round-1

Like normal top 3-4 are fairly set but from there it's all over the place.

I’m torn on trading out of the first mainly because of that 5th option.  If you Stay at 32 and get your OT or WR and they do well they will be pricey come contract time and that 5th option would be really nice to have  vs maybe having an extra later round pick.  

I hope 6 qbs go in the 1st round. The more the better for us as talent will fall. I also hope teams trade up for their WR or LT well ahead of where we could have picked any ways. Then talent will fall in the 2nd too etc with teams already addressing their needs in the 1st round.

On 4/22/2024 at 10:36 PM, Lamardirts said:

Working myself into the idea of trading way up and grabbing a LT even if it cost us next years first. LT is a premium position and having one locked into a good contract for 5 years would be huge.  

It would be huge.  But Veach always surprises us.  Mahomes' opinion always carries great sway, and he is mobile and elusive enough and throws on the run well enough, that I think he would favor a receiver who has good hands and can gain separation on shorter routes than a guy that will take a year to blossom as a blind side protector. It would not even shock me if the best avallable TE, Brock Bowers, fell into our lap. Veach should jump on that. Andy's system requires a top TE. Kelce is 34.  We are only halfway through Mahome's career.  Would we rather have a three-peat, or three more Lombardies spread out over the next several years?  I'd take the latter.

Working myself into the idea of trading way up and grabbing a LT even if it cost us next years first. LT is a premium position and having one locked into a good contract for 5 years would be huge.  

Was saying exactly this to my boss not 2 hrs ago. Except I included the pick we got for Sneed too. 

The Chiefs gave up a first to get Brown and he was a known commodity.  Didn't pay out so well.  That's a lot to pay for a non-QB.  As someone else pointed out, half the starting LT were NOT first rounders.  

These idiots on TV offering up their mock drafts are really pissing me off lately. Apparently KC is relegated to reaching for a pick. The last 3 mocks I saw had us staying at #32 and picking, Kingsley Suamataia the tackle from BYU, Xavier Legette the receiver from South Carolina and Ja',Lynn Polk the WR from Washington. Nothing against those players.....but they have mid 2nd round written all over them. Not at #32. Mocks are fun exercises ....but try to be realistic.

1 hour ago, dhitter said:

These idiots on TV offering up their mock drafts are really pissing me off lately. Apparently KC is relegated to reaching for a pick. The last 3 mocks I saw had us staying at #32 and picking, Kingsley Suamataia the tackle from BYU, Xavier Legette the receiver from South Carolina and Ja',Lynn Polk the WR from Washington. Nothing against those players.....but they have mid 2nd round written all over them. Not at #32. Mocks are fun exercises ....but try to be realistic.

I see all 3 as round 1-2 grades so I'd be fine with them, Polk and Suamataia moreso than Legette.  They will have earned similar grades to a lot of guys going late first so I don't think any of those are out of line. 

Polk is as good as any of the receivers outside the top 6.  He's a better route runner than Thomas and AD, has A+ really great hands and good to really good at all the receiver things, just doesn't have that elite speed.  Has elite explosion, good not great speed holds him back but I'd be thrilled with Polk.  He may have the best hands in the draft.

Legette is a wildcard.  I've read he may be slow to pick things up and lack of agility may hold him back a bit.  That size and speed though.  Teams may have some FOMO after missing on DK Metcalf though.  Not as tall but very similar player.

Suamataia experienced on left and right side plus can play inside.  Long arms and smooth movement skills.  Needs technical work.  Considering how well he tested he'd be fine in the first.

Problem for the Chiefs is that there's a bunch of players they might want bunched from #28 to about #45.  Not sure who will be available if they don't move up or down, but it will be a trick to get two wanted players in the first two picks.  Don't be surprised if Veach moves up to at least #50 in the second to get a LT or WR depending on his first pick.  

....the TV idiots have proven that they are just touching an elephants ass in a very dark room.

The Chiefs own the West and the AFC Championship is a Hunt Trophy for a very good reason.

We are going for a Three Peat and I have given up trying to predict what Veach will do other than "be aggressive" if any team gives him a chance.

I am looking forward to seeing what the next few days bring us.

Resigning Reid, Veach and Donovan, all the assistant coaches as well as Chris Jones...having the best QB in the League restructure and recruit....

We will be fine.

49 minutes ago, West said:

....the TV idiots have proven that they are just touching an elephants ass in a very dark room.

The Chiefs own the West and the AFC Championship is a Hunt Trophy for a very good reason.

We are going for a Three Peat and I have given up trying to predict what Veach will do other than "be aggressive" if any team gives him a chance.

Resigning Reid, Veach and Donovan, all the assistant coaches as well as Chris Jones...having the best QB in the League restructure and recruit....

We will be fine.

Movie gif. Nicholas Cage as Castor in Face Off rubs his face failing to suppress a chuckle and then bursts into laughter.

1 hour ago, West said:

We will be fine.

Oooooohh!   Sounds kinky.

tenor.gif

10 hours ago, dhitter said:

They are getting paid to do this.  Wouldn't you?

5 hours ago, Boone said:

I'm just glad the draft is finally here. So very tired of the mocks, rumors, and speculation. 

Instead, I'm ready for the unrealistic expectations and dream-casting to be done for each teams' actual selections. 

The talking heads are going to give us a C+ no matter what we do.  Who cares?  Those people are all underneath us, looking up. I'm sick of it, too, but at least it has given me some familiarity with the names and something to post about and to read about and pretend I know something.   But enough is enough. Time to think about something else.....................NAAAAAAAH

I just hope we don't draft Ladd McConkey. Rhymes with Donkey.  He may be great, but let's face it, it's a stupid-assed name, and I would have to keep saying it repeatedly. Give me a guy with a first name of Kool-Aid.  Now we're talking

Who is everyone got for tonight?  Do they remain patient like last night or leap up for someone they covet?  One of their 4s this year and a 3 next year could get them up around the mid 40s.  I expect a tackle if they trade up a lot.  Paul or Suamataia.  Amegadjie, maybe.  Although I think he is a guard in the NFL.  Or a TE?  They have interest in a few.  Sanders or Sinnott.  Another receiver?  Polk, Franklin, Baker?