15 minutes ago, West said:

I expect a post today from somewhere in Texas showing MVPat throwing to Worthy.....

What a great franchise with GREAT Players that are leaders.....we are lucky ass fans.

oh yea it should happen by weekend's end unless Patrick goes to more "Gala's"

6 minutes ago, SEMO said:

Who is everyone got for tonight?  Do they remain patient like last night or leap up for someone they covet?  One of their 4s this year and a 3 next year could get them up around the mid 40s.  I expect a tackle if they trade up a lot.  Paul or Suamataia.  Amegadjie, maybe.  Although I think he is a guard in the NFL.  Or a TE?  They have interest in a few.  Sanders or Sinnott.  Another receiver?  Polk, Franklin, Baker?

I expect another similar trade up, but not really give up number of picks, just quality of picks.

say move into the late 2nd or early third, give away a 3rd and 4th, but get back a 6th or something 

56 minutes ago, SEMO said:

Who is everyone got for tonight?  Do they remain patient like last night or leap up for someone they covet?  One of their 4s this year and a 3 next year could get them up around the mid 40s.  I expect a tackle if they trade up a lot.  Paul or Suamataia.  Amegadjie, maybe.  Although I think he is a guard in the NFL.  Or a TE?  They have interest in a few.  Sanders or Sinnott.  Another receiver?  Polk, Franklin, Baker?

I think they are hoping for Paul. Suamataia is more of a one to two year project, but Paul could start. Still, the Chiefs have had their eye on Suamataia. They have a little cushion to train him up.

1 hour ago, SEMO said:

Amegadjie is a tackle for me.  I think he's a fine target if we stay put.  That guy has arm length for days but injured so no testing.  From what little I've seen he seems very athletic.  Jump in competition is concerning.

Personally I'd like a more athletic tackle so I'd go:

Suamataia 

Amegadjie 

Rosengarten (if we're ok with 33.5 arms)

Paul

The rest

I could be convinced to swap Rosengarten up a spot just based on level of competition

51 minutes ago, xen said:

Amegadjie is a tackle for me.  I think he's a fine target if we stay put.  That guy has arm length for days but injured so no testing.  From what little I've seen he seems very athletic.  Jump in competition is concerning.

Personally I'd like a more athletic tackle so I'd go:

Suamataia 

Amegadjie 

Rosengarten (if we're ok with 33.5 arms)

Paul

The rest

I could be convinced to swap Rosengarten up a spot just based on level of competition

Unless they surprise in TC, I doubt any are instant starters.  Amegadjie may have played Ivy League, but he has the physicals to play in the NFL and I trust Heck to coach him up.  Andy will like Suamataia just for his BYU connections and he might be closer to ready earlier.  According to the talking heads, Paul is further away but has a lot of upside.  So my preference would be Suamataia if they trade up and Amegadjie if they stay at #64 or trade up slightly.  Third choice would be Paul and then get a FA stopgap for this season.

Yeah.  I think Suamataia is closer to ready than the others from what I have read. Plus there has been so much chatter about him coming from the organization. These next two days will be really interesting.  It seems to be where Veach really shines. We just don't know it until later.

The Chiefs may have made another steal no one is talking about. Assuming that the original charges against Matt Araiza for participating in a gang sexual assault at a party in college were dropped permanently for lack of evidence, the Chiefs have on their hands a punter who can kick the ball amazing distances.  That means that the Chiefs could take greater risks at 3rd and long while deep in their own side of the field.  They could still flip the field completely if they don't convert a riskier play.  That would be another slap in the face to Buffalo for releasing him before knowing that the charges were dropped.  I hope it was a correct decision by the District Attorney.  There just was insufficient evidence to win in a prosecution.  Still, it makes the Chiefs look pretty bad if the Chiefs think he may have been actually guilty. This is an older piece from USA Today.  So, it could change. I hope not.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2023/05/11/matt-araiza-nfl-punter-rape-case-woman-discuss-details/70202116007/

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

The Chiefs may have made another steal no one is talking about. Assuming that the original charges against Matt Araiza for participating in a gang sexual assault at a party in college were dropped permanently for lack of evidence, the Chiefs have on their hands a punter who can kick the ball amazing distances.  That means that the Chiefs could take greater risks at 3rd and long while deep in their own side of the field.  They could still flip the field completely if they don't convert a riskier play.  That would be another slap in the face to Buffalo for releasing him before knowing that the charges were dropped.  I hope it was a correct decision by the District Attorney.  There just was insufficient evidence to win in a prosecution.  Still, it makes the Chiefs look pretty bad if the Chiefs think he may have been actually guilty. This is an older piece from USA Today.  So, it could change. I hope not.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2023/05/11/matt-araiza-nfl-punter-rape-case-woman-discuss-details/70202116007/

Bil you are way off here and a lot more came out after this article.  The prosecutors didn't not prosecute for lack of evidence.  They came out and said they had evidence of when it occurred and evidence that he wasn't even at the party at that point.  Basically they have video evidence of what went down.  Prosecutors don't normally go out of their way to clear a suspect like that.  He also sued her in civil court and both agreed to drop their cases after the prosecutors came out and said that.  

We went over this when the Chiefs picked him up and you were in that thread.

Also you should know we picked up a UDFA punter for competition who actually is also a really good punter.  He had a draftable grade and is big with a hell of a leg.  Plus he went to BYU so you know Andy likes him.

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

jeezus Bil that is a MAY of 2023 article, lots of things have happened in the last 12 months

6 hours ago, xen said:

Bil you are way off here and a lot more came out after this article.  The prosecutors didn't not prosecute for lack of evidence.  They came out and said they had evidence of when it occurred and evidence that he wasn't even at the party at that point.  Basically they have video evidence of what went down.  Prosecutors don't normally go out of their way to clear a suspect like that.  He also sued her in civil court and both agreed to drop their cases after the prosecutors came out and said that.  

We went over this when the Chiefs picked him up and you were in that thread.

Also you should know we picked up a UDFA punter for competition who actually is also a really good punter.  He had a draftable grade and is big with a hell of a leg.  Plus he went to BYU so you know Andy likes him.

I don't remember that thread, but I believe you.  I am glad he is "cleared". He should be a great asset. Yes, I was surprised about the UDFA.  Still don't know why they got him, except for how good a holder he is said to be, but it made me wonder if the Chiefs still have some doubts. By the way, the video evidence was pretty sketchy and only included a small portion of the guys involved. Anyway, he admitted to screwing her outside that house, which would still be statutory rape unless she is being honest about telling everyone that she was 18 instead of 17. It's very hard to know the truth in cases like this.  That's the real reason prosecutors avoid prosecuting these kinds of things. I know that memory disappears after blood alcohol reaches about 0.2%.  That's why it's called a "blackout." Memory simply does not imprint at that level of alcohol. By the way, prosecutors DO NOT normally go out of their way to clear suspects.  They simply drop charges if they conclude that a "reasonable doubt" that can be made in the mind of evem a single juror.  Prosecutors do not "clear" suspects.  They simply decide whether they can get a conviction or not.  If they don't think they can, they don't prosecute, regardless of their own conclusions about guilt or innocence. It isn't the same thing as "clearing" someone.  It is merely dropping the case.

7 hours ago, oldtimer said:

jeezus Bil that is a MAY of 2023 article, lots of things have happened in the last 12 months

It is old.  It was obvious from the article.  But see my response to Xen.  There is simply no way to make a winnable case in court.  The undeniable fact, though,  is that Araiza admitted to having sex with her "outside the house. "  Maybe that means he wasn't "even at the party," but that is like me saying "I wasn't even at the restaurant. I was just eating something from their menu on the sidewalk near their front door." 

He offically admitted to screwing a 17 year old girl, which is statutory rape if you are 21.  The only question is whether or not she lied and told him she was 18. But oh my gosh, she "can't remember anything. "  But she remembers that, somehow.  Interesting.  So she sues. Then his lawyers counter-sue her, and both sides drop the civil case rather than pay the lawyers. Standard fare.

I am glad he will play for us, even though he likely committed statutory rape. But to think the Chiefs signed another punter on a whim is ridiculous. Veach doesn't do anything on a whim. They are hedging a bet. By the way, OT. I might be right about the seriousness of Rashee Rice's situation. A recent report from the Chiefs front office sounded very iffy whether or not he will ever play football for the Chiefs.  It depends on the outcome of his 8 felony charges. Young men who play great football can just as easily be dumbshits when they are off the football field.

Lovett was a guy some mentioned would be a good mid-late round pick.  Don't know much about Jacobs but both seem like potential keepers.  Helps they are vying for a spot at a weak position (DT and the last LB spot not the group as a whole).   I like the punter competition and there was a super athletic DB we snagged as well but forget his name at the moment.   Veach doing work!

4 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I don't remember that thread, but I believe you.  I am glad he is "cleared". He should be a great asset. Yes, I was surprised about the UDFA.  Still don't know why they got him, except for how good a holder he is said to be, but it made me wonder if the Chiefs still have some doubts. By the way, the video evidence was pretty sketchy and only included a small portion of the guys involved. Anyway, he admitted to screwing her outside that house, which would still be statutory rape unless she is being honest about telling everyone that she was 18 instead of 17. It's very hard to know the truth in cases like this.  That's the real reason prosecutors avoid prosecuting these kinds of things. I know that memory disappears after blood alcohol reaches about 0.2%.  That's why it's called a "blackout." Memory simply does not imprint at that level of alcohol. By the way, prosecutors DO NOT normally go out of their way to clear suspects.  They simply drop charges if they conclude that a "reasonable doubt" that can be made in the mind of evem a single juror.  Prosecutors do not "clear" suspects.  They simply decide whether they can get a conviction or not.  If they don't think they can, they don't prosecute, regardless of their own conclusions about guilt or innocence. It isn't the same thing as "clearing" someone.  It is merely dropping the case.

They collected over 200 pages of documentation and over 4 terabytes of video evidence.  Her own friends stated she was not inebriated.  She told multiple people at that party and a different party thr night before that she was 18.  Frankly I don't think we need to get any more graphic than that but the info is out there.

6 hours ago, xen said:

They collected over 200 pages of documentation and over 4 terabytes of video evidence.  Her own friends stated she was not inebriated.  She told multiple people at that party and a different party thr night before that she was 18.  Frankly I don't think we need to get any more graphic than that but the info is out there.

4 terabytes??!! Somebody was having a good time.  Hope they brought their Kleenex. 😀