32 minutes ago, DieHard said:

I would like to grab a LT and then wait for June 1.

Or maybe wait until June 1 to grab a LT.  🙂

There will be some fluff news coming out about the rookie mini camp this coming weekend and the OTAs late May and early June.  Then the dead time waiting for TC.  Just be glad the Chiefs season goes on five weeks longer than the rest of the division.  

I look at it differently....

May, June, July and August are fun times as the NFL Champions! 

I can irritate friends, neighbors and children with all sorts of barbs.

Of course, I look forward the schedule release, camp and the regular season but this is "Gloat time!!"

w

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

The way I understand it'll be between Morris and BYU for the LT maybe Taylor in the mix but no one is slotted in as a starter  as of now.

You're right, but I thinking the Chiefs weren't sold on Morris as the solution at LT and Kingsley has the inside track for the job.  After OTAs, the Chiefs will decide if they need to bring in Donovan Smith or someone similar.  So for this season, if Suamataia shows well this summer, it will be him at LT and Morris will be the swing backup tackle.  Just my uninformed take.  

5 hours ago, jetlord said:

You're right, but I thinking the Chiefs weren't sold on Morris as the solution at LT and Kingsley has the inside track for the job.  After OTAs, the Chiefs will decide if they need to bring in Donovan Smith or someone similar.  So for this season, if Suamataia shows well this summer, it will be him at LT and Morris will be the swing backup tackle.  Just my uninformed take.  

That is what I took out of the Veach question and answer session.   Give them a chance to battle it out.  If they aren't up to snuff then they bring in Smith or a vet.

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

That is what I took out of the Veach question and answer session.   Give them a chance to battle it out.  If they aren't up to snuff then they bring in Smith or a vet.

There's also the chance that Morris could replace Taylor down the road.  It great the way Veach looks ahead to fill slots with rookie contracts when the vets get too expensive.  Conner to replace Sneed.  Hicks to replace Reid.  Nourzad (sp?) to replace Smith or Thuney.  Wiley to replace Gray.  Let the vets go, grab some comp picks, and draft well.  That's how to thrive for the Mahomes era. 

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

There's also the chance that Morris could replace Taylor down the road.  It great the way Veach looks ahead to fill slots with rookie contracts when the vets get too expensive.  Conner to replace Sneed.  Hicks to replace Reid.  Nourzad (sp?) to replace Smith or Thuney.  Wiley to replace Gray.  Let the vets go, grab some comp picks, and draft well.  That's how to thrive for the Mahomes era. 

2 more years before there's an out on Taylor.  Keep investing in the OLine.