The board is pretty quiet

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

seems Clark is threatening to move again..not a good strategy

My take is that Clark sees how screwed up KC politics are and at the same time is talking himself into a domed stadium.  Kansas has a funding mechanism is place while KC and Jackson Co. keep pointing fingers at each other and whining.  Add in the county executive, Frank White, who has a grudge against the Royals and it's like the three stooges.  This has become much more complicated than it needed to be and now everything is in play.  Bottom line is that the Chiefs will probably get a new stadium somewhere and no one know what the Royals will do except it won't be at the Truman complex. . 

Did anyone see the rumor that we inquired about DK Metcalf during the draft?  Interesting if true.   Veach also mentioned something about exciting FA news but I took that to mean UDFAs but it would be interesting if he meant other FA's.

Is everyone else as happy as I am that the Chiefs got the players they wanted last week without giving up the extra third round pick in 2025?  They only really gave up this year's third and still got two players graded in the third round with Wiley and Hicks.  Compare that with a gm who pays a QB $90 million and drafts a second round quality QB at #8.  Good time to be a Chiefs' fan. 

16 hours ago, jetlord said:

My take is that Clark sees how screwed up KC politics are and at the same time is talking himself into a domed stadium.  Kansas has a funding mechanism is place while KC and Jackson Co. keep pointing fingers at each other and whining.  Add in the county executive, Frank White, who has a grudge against the Royals and it's like the three stooges.  This has become much more complicated than it needed to be and now everything is in play.  Bottom line is that the Chiefs will probably get a new stadium somewhere and no one know what the Royals will do except it won't be at the Truman complex. . 

The general opinion is that if they want to keep the chiefs and maybe Royals in the KCMO area then Frank White cannot be involved in any way. Also on KCSP they were talking about the presentation that the Chiefs gave a few weeks ago and it was very cheap looking and that possibly their goal all along has been a new Stadium. Clark has seen all the bells and whistles that are in SOFI and Allegient and he wants to create that here. The Chiefs are not leaving KC but will they be in Missouri or Kansas, quite a bit of time to get it figured out before 2031.

1 minute ago, KC Warpaint said:

The general opinion is that if they want to keep the chiefs and maybe Royals in the KCMO area then Frank White cannot be involved in any way. Also on KCSP they were talking about the presentation that the Chiefs gave a few weeks ago and it was very cheap looking and that possibly their goal all along has been a new Stadium. Clark has seen all the bells and whistles that are in SOFI and Allegient and he wants to create that here. The Chiefs are not leaving KC but will they be in Missouri or Kansas, quite a bit of time to get it figured out before 2031.

I think you have a solid point altho I have not been to any of those stadiums personally some of those look pretty spiffy and you can thro win Jerry World as well. No matter what you do to Arrowhead ( stadium not the CC Member) it's just lipstick on a pig. Arrowhead had many decades of fond memories for me but I personally dont care  where in the greater KC metro it is..not sure if I'd see it in my life time but a SB in KC I think would be pretty neat.. they had one in Detroit, Indy, Minneapolis and New Jersey why not KC in a Dome?

15 minutes ago, xen said:

As an old dude I wouldn't mind a dome.  Sitting in bad weather sucks ass.

Build it quick and maybe KC can play in a superbowl in KC.

.  Those things don’t happen quickly.  I’d say at the earliest it would be 4-5 years.  
Would be a shame to drag it out only to miss out on the prime of Mahomes career.

4 hours ago, KC Warpaint said:

The Chiefs are not leaving KC but will they be in Missouri or Kansas, quite a bit of time to get it figured out before 2031.

Not so much time.  There's about six years left on the Truman Sports Complex leases and the time to plan and build new facilities can stretch out for many years.  It's more than just picking a place and construction.  There's eminent domain suits, tree hugger suits, political foot dragging, etc., etc. before the first spade shovel is turned.  There's bad weather periods, material shortages, labor disputes, and a dozen other construction delays.  Inspections and approvals at each step can cause delays.  I'd guess four to five years from decision to relocate until opening day.

15 hours ago, Nadlers Quivering Balls said:

Until last season, Bill Cowher was the best DC the Chiefs ever had. Now, that title unquestionably belongs to Spags. 

I think I heard that no coordinator, offensive or defensive, has won 4 super bowls other than Spags.  

2 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

.  Those things don’t happen quickly.  I’d say at the earliest it would be 4-5 years.  
Would be a shame to drag it out only to miss out on the prime of Mahomes career.

"Stadium development projects just take a long time and I don't want to put a specific number on it, but with only six-and-a-half years left on the lease, we're going to have to work very hard over the next year, year and a half to see if we can find an option.''

Per Hunt.

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

Exactly.  We have the best stadium in the world and want to be like the Lions?  Falcons?  Colts?

Domed stadium in 1995 would have allowed **** please ban me **** to make his kicks and Steve Bono would be Super Bowl MVP throwing a couple of TDs to Lake Dawson.

1 hour ago, Thegoatee said:

Domed stadium in 1995 would have allowed **** please ban me **** to make his kicks and Steve Bono would be Super Bowl MVP throwing a couple of TDs to Lake Dawson.

I'm not sure that **** ****** could have made his kicks on a wind still day in September.  Nine misses in the last five games.  0 for 3 from 35, 39, and 42 in the famous playoff game.  Can't blame the lack of a roof.  

I am not a fan of a dome...especially in football heaven.

But if they (State, County, City and the Chiefs) spend all that money they will want 4 season availability and max revenue.

Hence, retractable roof and the Chiefs keep it cold and blustery in the playoffs....

1 hour ago, West said:

I am not a fan of a dome...especially in football heaven.

But if they (State, County, City and the Chiefs) spend all that money they will want 4 season availability and max revenue.

Hence, retractable roof and the Chiefs keep it cold and blustery in the playoffs....

Retractable roof works.