The board is pretty quiet

17 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Just be sure to keep it open if Miami plays here in January.  

Does the home team decide whether it's open or closed?  Or does the NFL have input on that.  

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

Does the home team decide whether it's open or closed?  Or does the NFL have input on that.  

Was wondering the same thing.   Seems like weather is a big advantage for us in certain situations (Miami this year in the playoffs) but vs a run first power team a dome would be a better advantage most years.   Team say would be of upmost importance.  I still think the main reason for it is the ability to host a Super Bowl and then to host events throughout the year.  

1 minute ago, Lamardirts said:

Was wondering the same thing.   Seems like weather is a big advantage for us in certain situations (Miami this year in the playoffs) but vs a run first power team a dome would be a better advantage most years.   Team say would be of upmost importance.  I still think the main reason for it is the ability to host a Super Bowl and then to host events throughout the year.  

this^^^

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

Yep,  Concerts, NCAA, and other events would go a long way in selling the roof on a new venue.  Not sure how much of the cost would be recovered, but it could be a lot.  One big problem is that the city big wigs would want it in town and I doubt the county voters would go for that.

On 4/30/2024 at 3:00 PM, jetlord said:

Bottom line is that the Chiefs will probably get a new stadium somewhere and no one know what the Royals will do except it won't be at the Truman complex. . 

I hope it won't be in Anchorage.

On 4/30/2024 at 12:10 PM, reesebobby said:

So I will kick start some conversation.  

Sometimes Clark Hunt's lips seem a little off in color to me.  A little purplish maybe.  It's probably my imagination.

No, it's his lipstick.

4 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I hope it won't be in Anchorage.

Anchorage is great..........in June and July.  Fresh beer battered halibut and a mug of Alaskan Amber.  Hard to beat.  

On 5/1/2024 at 9:16 AM, xen said:

As an old dude I wouldn't mind a dome.  Sitting in bad weather sucks ass.

Build it quick and maybe KC can play in a superbowl in KC.

Man, I always was against a dome but after sitting through that Miami playoff game my mind may have changed lol.  As a season ticket holder, I selfishly don’t want them to move.  It’s not that I care which of the state line they’re on, I just know a new stadium means PSL’s and the end of my tickets.  Dragging arrowhead along as long as possible is the only way it stays affordable for us average schmucks. 

1 hour ago, West said:

I hope they stay in KC.  We really enjoy our weekend trips there in the Fall.

2nd Choice would be NW Arkansas.

He is just talking about the state line.  Kansas wants them on their side of the KC metro area. I read a few years ago that Kansas wants them to move to the Legends complex area.

40 minutes ago, Nadlers Quivering Balls said:

I could live at Buccees 

that what he says, he lives in Tennessee. I have never been to one either and dont see my stepping foot in one either unless of course I'm traveling with Son & fam

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

that what he says, he lives in Tennessee. I have never been to one either and dont see my stepping foot in one either unless of course I'm traveling with Son & fam

Overrated

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/2/2024 at 8:25 AM, West said:

I am not a fan of a dome...especially in football heaven.

But if they (State, County, City and the Chiefs) spend all that money they will want 4 season availability and max revenue.

Hence, retractable roof and the Chiefs keep it cold and blustery in the playoffs....

Whatever Mahomes wants is fine by me.

If not in KC, they damn well better keep the team in MO or KS... not sure I could root for the San Antonio Chiefs. Just wouldn't be right.

1 hour ago, mex said:

Whatever Mahomes wants is fine by me.

If not in KC, they damn well better keep the team in MO or KS... not sure I could root for the San Antonio Chiefs. Just wouldn't be right.

A Mex sighting!  He's come out of hibernation.