Top 5 Chiefs Best Defensive Players of all time

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

He kind of proved that an UDFA from a tiny college could make it big in the NFL.  Gotta love those stories. 

The Chiefs really broke the color line.  They found all sorts of guys from small black colleges that ended up stars.  Then everyone jumped on board, bui the Chiefs were the ones who rode that to dominance starting in the mid sixties. We know that, but i'll bet a lot of the younger guys in here don't.

11 hours ago, xen said:

What does impact career stats mean?

Cause I could argue that CJ has made a massive impact in 3 superbowl wins.

Franchise leaders in interceptions, sacks, and tackles.

19 minutes ago, robgar said:

I like DT I l ike DT a lot.. but i am not sure he's the best defense player... in KC's history.. thats asking a lot.. theres been some fantastic guys play football on the defense for KC..

Bell and lanier gotta be at the top of that list.. 

No they don't

As far as defensive teams, those Marty years were fun to watch. I wish I could remember watching the old timers. This defense isn’t far off from those Marty years. 

1 hour ago, DieHard said:

As far as defensive teams, those Marty years were fun to watch. I wish I could remember watching the old timers. This defense isn’t far off from those Marty years. 

Imagine the number of SB trophies we would have now with this offense in those years.

20 hours ago, robgar said:

I like DT I l ike DT a lot.. but i am not sure he's the best defense player... in KC's history.. thats asking a lot.. theres been some fantastic guys play football on the defense for KC..

Bell and lanier gotta be at the top of that list.. 

I agree about Bell and Lanier, though I never remember them making 6 sacks in one game.

3 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I agree about Bell and Lanier, though I never remember them making 6 sacks in one game.

It was a different game back then. The LBs hardly ever blitzed but were, rather, usually dropped back into pass coverage. That's why Lanier had so many interceptions.