Good Matchup....

It is going to be a fun year.

We have seen great regular seasons and a pretty mediocre one....that results in Super Bowls.

Frankly, with our Defense and Pat Mahomes.....It is a wonderful time to be a Chief fan.

1 hour ago, ClarksvilleChief said:

Are they gonna start of this years Super Bowl run like they did last year? Any other superstitious people out there? LOL

I have that feeling and first game a loss

I would like to take this opportunity to say.

We are going to lose this game.  Veach has been lucky so far.  The O line is going to look shaky and we are going to have no pass rush.  We haven't done enough to replace Sneed, and our WR group that was worst in the league is even worse with Rice's situation.  Andy is too loyal to people and Kelce is old.  CEH doesn't belong in the league and we need to run the ball more.  

Other than that, it's a pretty good time to be a Chiefs fan.  

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

We are going to lose this game.  Veach has been lucky so far.  The O line is going to look shaky and we are going to have no pass rush.  We haven't done enough to replace Sneed, and our WR group that was worst in the league is even worse with Rice's situation.  Andy is too loyal to people and Kelce is old.  CEH doesn't belong in the league and we need to run the ball more.  

Ok, Eeyore. 🙄

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

Yeah, Veach should be fired immediately.  A real GM would have won more than three SBs, four AFC championships, and six consecutive AFCCGs in the past six years.  Shame on him.  The O-line was so much better last year with an inept D. Smith and constantly penalized Taylor.  The WR room had MVS rather than Hollywood and Worthy.  A year older but supposedly healthier Kelce will really drag down the team.  And Andy has no clue beyond sticking with his favorite players.  The Chiefs are doomed.

Other than that, the Chiefs will be fun to watch.  

(Where's AZ's sarcasm meter?)

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Murders Row, I'd think the Powers that be would want these likely to be pivotal games later in the season.

Good for us.  Get em out of the way early.  Andy has historically started the season strong.  So have the Ravens.  Bungles not so much.

Plus if it goes badly, plenty of time to regroup and recover.

While I love the fact the Raves and Bengals are the first teams to see the new World Champion Banner.....I would prefer to see Cinci late in the season for a bit more drama.

w

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

Murders Row, I'd think the Powers that be would want these likely to be pivotal games later in the season.

I would think so to but it's not a bad thing either.  Only 1 game to see how Andy well use brown and worthy and depending on Rices availability all 3 at the same time.  Unknown in how Burrow will be early in the season he might still be working kinks out plus not having Boyd anymore they have to find 3rd guy.   While Boyd wasn't great he was a 60 plus catch 600 to 800yd WR which isn't nothing either plus mini bye I think their are some advantages as well.  

I look at itas an opportunity to make the main AFC contenders play catch up all year.  

5 minutes ago, Okiechief1 said:

I would think so to but it's not a bad thing either.  Only 1 game to see how Andy well use brown and worthy and depending on Rices availability all 3 at the same time.  Unknown in how Burrow will be early in the season he might still be working kinks out plus not having Boyd anymore they have to find 3rd guy.   While Boyd wasn't great he was a 60 plus catch 600 to 800yd WR which isn't nothing either plus mini bye I think their are some advantages as well.  

I look at itas an opportunity to make the main AFC contenders play catch up all year.  

They may not have Tee Higgins if he holds out for trade demands and no Mixon either (traded). I am more concerned with the Ravens

I absolutely love this opening schedule. It's a great way to keep the 2-time defending Champs focused this off-season - "Can't slack, we have two tough games to start the year."

Even better, going 2-0 will set the tone for the season and be a warning shot to the rest of the NFL.

2 hours ago, KC Warpaint said:

They may not have Tee Higgins if he holds out for trade demands and no Mixon either (traded). I am more concerned with the Ravens

If he can stay healthy Burrow is a much better QB than Lamar.  You should be more concerned about the bungles.

4 minutes ago, xen said:

If he can stay healthy Burrow is a much better QB than Lamar.  You should be more concerned about the bungles.

I agree that a healthy Burrow is better than Lamar.  But Lamar is freaking scary also.  And the Ravens are much better on defense.  They concern me more also.  But they are both tough outs.  

5 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I agree that a healthy Burrow is better than Lamar.  But Lamar is freaking scary also.  And the Ravens are much better on defense.  They concern me more also.  But they are both tough outs.  

Ravens breaking in a new D coordinator.  Who knows.  Bengals do have a good D coordinator already.