23 hours ago, KC Warpaint said:

Here's the 2024 Chiefs regular-season schedule (as we know it)

• Week 1 - Ravens @ Chiefs - Thurs., 9/5 @ 7:15 p.m. (Amazon)
  • Week 2 - Bengals @ Chiefs - Sun., 9/15 @ 3:25 p.m. (CBS)
  • Week 3 - Chiefs @ Falcons
  • Week 4
  • Week 5
  • Week 6
  • Week 7 - Chiefs @ 49ers - Sun., 10/20 @ 3:25 p.m. (FOX)
  • Week 8
  • Week 9
  • Week 10
  • Week 11 - Chiefs @ Bills - 3:25 p.m. (CBS)
  • Week 12
  • Week 13 - Raiders @ Chiefs - Fri., 11/29
  • Week 14
  • Week 15
  • Week 16
  • Week 17 - Chiefs @ Steelers - Wed., 12/25 (Netflix)
  • Week 18

I think I'll use Xen's.  It has  more actual games, though this one is cleaner and has just as many weeks.

All you people.  My post above is sarcasm and intended to mock those repeated criticisms on this board of the team in the midst of one of the greatest runs in NFL history.  I assumed the sarcasm would be obvious given my history here.  I apologize. 

18 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I agree with your assessment of weaknesses.  But even wthout any weaknesses, dynasties cannot maintain what the Chiefs have done year after year.  There is a reason that there has never been a three-peat...because it is almost impossible, just due to the law of averages.  We post  nonchalant assumptions of another Lombardy this coming season, but seriously, that kind of thing is extremely unlikely.  It never happened with Brady-Belichick-Gronkowski.  Our dynasty has probably more Super Bowl victories in its future, but it would be highly doubtful for this year.  Every good team has designed its drafts and strategies around stopping the Chiefs and have a greater and greater motivation among the players and fanbases to do just that.  The odds alone are with me in predicting no three-peat this year.  Save this post so that you can throw it back in my face next winter.  I hope I am wrong. The odds are with me.

I don't pay much attention to odds, but think the Chiefs are given about one chance in five or six to win it all again.  All things considered, that's a pretty fair chance of a threepeat but still unlikely.  With the parity rules in the NFL and the randomness of injuries, calls, drops, refs, bad bounces, etc., no one can claim a much higher chance of winning in any one year.  The Chiefs' chances are as good as any team, but there's at least ten teams that might get lucky and at least three others that are nearly on the Chiefs level.  Add in a few rising QBs like Stroud, Herbert, or Lawrence and several other teams have a chance.  Lots would have to go wrong for the Chiefs to miss the playoffs.  They have a good chance of winning their division again.  The chances of winning another SB this season are not that high. 

Betting against Mahomes, Reid, Spags and Veach is silly.

Will KC Threepeat? 

No one can predict this as Its all about avoiding injuries and catching some breaks.

What I can say is that only 4-5 teams have a real shot at a SB Trophy and KC has as good or better chance as all.

w

KC still has the best QB/coach combo in the AFC and probably the NFL and in playoffs as we have all seen that makes a difference.  No other QB besides Burrow has proven they can beat KC in the playoffs and even Cincy this year will probably be a weaker team overall than the team that beat KC in the Arrowhead while I believe KC is better than that team.   I remember Kelce saying right after they won the SB the goal that him and Mahomes talked about was to 3 peat but they first had to win this one.   Jordan is the only athlete I've ever seen that has the kind of drive and determination that Mahomes does.  When he sets a goal he will attain it and drag whoever else is with him along.  

Depending on which site you look at it's KC and Frisco as the odds on favorite to win it and KC is still the favorite come out of the AFC.    As the saying goes to be the man you gotta beat the man.  

We all know that "no team has ever three peated in NFL history." I've heard it a thousand times since KC hoisted the Lombardi. So I always ask...does that mean you believe a three peat will never ever happen in future NFL history? And I always get "well I wouldn't say never". Why not the Chiefs now? Just because something has never been done doesn't mean it can't or won't be done.

43 minutes ago, dhitter said:

We all know that "no team has ever three peated in NFL history." I've heard it a thousand times since KC hoisted the Lombardi. So I always ask...does that mean you believe a three peat will never ever happen in future NFL history? And I always get "well I wouldn't say never". Why not the Chiefs now? Just because something has never been done doesn't mean it can't or won't be done.

No qb has ever won a superbowl in the same year while taking up over 15% of the teams salary cap.  Except Pat.  Twice.  3rd place is 13.1% with Steve Young btw.

No player since 1999 won nfl mvp and superbowl mvp in the same year.  Except Pat.  

I mean we could go on, so you're exactly correct.

7 minutes ago, xen said:

No qb has ever won a superbowl in the same year while taking up over 15% of the teams salary cap.  Except Pat.  Twice.  3rd place is 13.1% with Steve Young btw.

No player since 1999 won nfl mvp and superbowl mvp in the same year.  Except Pat.  

I mean we could go on, so you're exactly correct.

I also heard no team had ever won a SB with a turnover differential as bad as the Chiefs had (-11). We could go on and on. This team defies convention. That should scare the rest of the league.

18 minutes ago, dhitter said:

I also heard no team had ever won a SB with a turnover differential as bad as the Chiefs had (-11). We could go on and on. This team defies convention. That should scare the rest of the league.

Two things in the Chiefs favor.  Reid saves his best plays for the playoffs and Mahomes just refuses to lose.

21 hours ago, Okiechief1 said:

KC still has the best QB/coach combo in the AFC and probably the NFL and in playoffs as we have all seen that makes a difference.  No other QB besides Burrow has proven they can beat KC in the playoffs and even Cincy this year will probably be a weaker team overall than the team that beat KC in the Arrowhead while I believe KC is better than that team.   I remember Kelce saying right after they won the SB the goal that him and Mahomes talked about was to 3 peat but they first had to win this one.   Jordan is the only athlete I've ever seen that has the kind of drive and determination that Mahomes does.  When he sets a goal he will attain it and drag whoever else is with him along.  

Depending on which site you look at it's KC and Frisco as the odds on favorite to win it and KC is still the favorite come out of the AFC.    As the saying goes to be the man you gotta beat the man.  

Since the schedule came out, I am extremely worried about that stretch where we play 3 games in only 10 days in December, all of them against playoff teams from 2023.  Who on earth made this schedule?  How can any team not have at least one certain defeat in those 3 games and not be left exhausted and depleted as the final stretch comes up?  It is the key to all of our chances. At the very least, it makes a #1 seed very unlikely.  This is why depth is so crucial at all positions. At least two of those games will need to be played predominantly by depth guys. Only Mahomes and incredible coaching will allow us to win two of those three games in that 10 day stretch.

After the last two years I'm not counting this team out.  On paper we a better overall team.  That gets said about a lot of teams though.   The schedule gives us more rest than our opponents early in the year but that 3 game stretch in December is brutal.  When you are the best you will always get the best from everyone.  Team seems focused on the task at hand so that its a good thing.  Overall, we are still a young overall team and while the loss of Sneed and Gay and added year to Kelce aren't great the amount of young talent on this team that seems primed to elevate their game (Rice, Connor, Chenal, Karlaftis, McDuffie, Cook, FAU, and Worthy) should be enough to off set it and I'm not so sure we are done adding pieces.  We have more than enough money to spend and at this point it doens't hurt seeing what you have in house and waiting for teams to make cuts.  Have to imagine a few wr's will get cut with the wr draft we just had.   I look for us to be in the hunt for the #1 seed and if we are healthy down the stretch it'll be our SB to lose.  

Contenders

Lions - Have to rely on some rookie corners.

Eagles - HC fiasco, QB has cooled off, core members retired and locker room issues

SF - Trent Williams another year older and can Brock continue his hot start?

Bills - Rebuild year with far less weapons and a depleted D.  

Bengals - Depleted D but offense should be back.

Miami - Can they get healthy and can Tua lead them?

Baltimore - Might be the biggest challenge in the AFC

Houston - Might have had the best offseason.  Can Stroud maintain this level vs a tougher schedule and more pressure?

Chargers - The perennial pre-season SB champs - Have talent and now have a solid coach so they could be in the mix if things start well for them. 

IMO ,SF, Baltimore, and Houston pose the biggest threats to the 3 peat.  

29 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

After the last two years I'm not counting this team out.  On paper we a better overall team.  That gets said about a lot of teams though.   The schedule gives us more rest than our opponents early in the year but that 3 game stretch in December is brutal.  When you are the best you will always get the best from everyone.  Team seems focused on the task at hand so that its a good thing.  Overall, we are still a young overall team and while the loss of Sneed and Gay and added year to Kelce aren't great the amount of young talent on this team that seems primed to elevate their game (Rice, Connor, Chenal, Karlaftis, McDuffie, Cook, FAU, and Worthy) should be enough to off set it and I'm not so sure we are done adding pieces.  We have more than enough money to spend and at this point it doens't hurt seeing what you have in house and waiting for teams to make cuts.  Have to imagine a few wr's will get cut with the wr draft we just had.   I look for us to be in the hunt for the #1 seed and if we are healthy down the stretch it'll be our SB to lose.  

Contenders

Lions - Have to rely on some rookie corners.

Eagles - HC fiasco, QB has cooled off, core members retired and locker room issues

SF - Trent Williams another year older and can Brock continue his hot start?

Bills - Rebuild year with far less weapons and a depleted D.  

Bengals - Depleted D but offense should be back.

Miami - Can they get healthy and can Tua lead them?

Baltimore - Might be the biggest challenge in the AFC

Houston - Might have had the best offseason.  Can Stroud maintain this level vs a tougher schedule and more pressure?

Chargers - The perennial pre-season SB champs - Have talent and now have a solid coach so they could be in the mix if things start well for them. 

IMO ,SF, Baltimore, and Houston pose the biggest threats to the 3 peat.  

Baltimore has an inexperienced defensive coaching staff and first time playcaller this year and their first test will be KC with a revamped offense, not knowing what to expect, with Pat at the helm and Andy calling plays with plenty of time to gameplan.  I like our chances.

3 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Since the schedule came out, I am extremely worried about that stretch where we play 3 games in only 10 days in December, all of them against playoff teams from 2023.  Who on earth made this schedule?  How can any team not have at least one certain defeat in those 3 games and not be left exhausted and depleted as the final stretch comes up?  It is the key to all of our chances. At the very least, it makes a #1 seed very unlikely.  This is why depth is so crucial at all positions. At least two of those games will need to be played predominantly by depth guys. Only Mahomes and incredible coaching will allow us to win two of those three games in that 10 day stretch.

Yeah, those three games are brutal, but they're brutal for the other teams as well.  On the bright side, the Chiefs get a mini-bye before the last two games.  Also, for the most part the Chiefs are a young team with the only exceptions being Kelce, Jones, and Pennell.  They have as good of depth at most positions as any other team.  So is playing Sun.-Sat.-Wed. any worse for them than it is for the three opposing teams?  Not sure it's that much of a factor when it comes to win probability.   Don't like it, but also don't see it as make or break for the season.