Valdes - Anyone else find this as funny as I do?

I think they were smart to sign him......He is cheap and Allen will be picking his brain about routes, scheme and "how would Andy and Pat attack this defense?"

Buffalo has apparently moved back to the 2nd Tier in the AFC so signing a 2nd Tier WR makes some sense....lol

32 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

not gonna lie, i would rather he had come back to KC on a cheaper deal considering the state of our WR's right now

Well, if he could catch, maybe, let him drop passes from Allen when it matters.  That will help more than any scouting he might be able to provide.

1 hour ago, West said:

I don't know, he made some plays against the Bills and Ravens.....Had a TD in the Super Bowl.

He is inconsistent for sure.

Yeah he seemed to come on for us when it mattered most.  Kinda like Playoff Sammy.  I would not have minded a cheap resigning.

Agree OT....Maybe someone will emerge from the pack of dudes "with so much potential".  I would have thought that if they could not get on the field last season they were doomed.

35 minutes ago, West said:

Agree OT....Maybe someone will emerge from the pack of dudes "with so much potential".  I would have thought that if they could not get on the field last season they were doomed.

The Chiefs are in much better position in the WR room than they were last year.  Even assuming that Rice misses half the season, he wasn't counted on for much in the first half of the season last year and played more by necessity than plan.  Worthy is counted on for more this year than Rice last year since the Chiefs were so eager to draft him.  Reid had plans and plays for Worthy and I think we'll see more of him in the first half of the season than we did Rice last year.  Hollywood should be an upgrade over MVS and help open up the middle for Kelce and whoever plays the slot.  Anything from Toney or Skyy will be a bonus and Watson will be the same Watson.  If they use Moore only in the slot and can convince Toney to catch before running, the WR corp will be better than last year. 

12 WR's currently on the Chiefs Roster (Source: Chiefs Website)

Rookies:

Brooks

Hayek

Washington

Worthy

Vets:

Brown

Rice

Moore

Watson

Powell

Ross

Toney

Remiggio

Yes, the Chiefs are heavily counting on Worthy as a rookie.....and Andy is known for having rookies "work their way in" to snaps.

Is Brown better than MVS?  Everyone is very hopeful but we do not really know that yet.  Also can Brown stay on the field all year?

Watson is steady and is a "push" but he is what he is...a middle of the pack Receiver.

Hardman is gone.....and K.T is not viewed "with confidence" by the coaches (This is a hole)

Also we have the Uncertainty of the Rice Situation.(another Hole) ....

Therefore, someone in  this group needs to step up?      Moore, Powell, Ross, Remiggio.

Given what I see and the disastrous results from last year, we would be wise to get another Vet in here.

1 hour ago, West said:

12 WR's currently on the Chiefs Roster (Source: Chiefs Website)

Rookies:

Brooks

Hayek

Washington

Worthy

Vets:

Brown

Rice

Moore

Watson

Powell

Ross

Toney

Remiggio

Yes, the Chiefs are heavily counting on Worthy as a rookie.....and Andy is known for having rookies "work their way in" to snaps.

Is Brown better than MVS?  Everyone is very hopeful but we do not really know that yet.  Also can Brown stay on the field all year?

Watson is steady and is a "push" but he is what he is...a middle of the pack Receiver.

Hardman is gone.....and K.T is not viewed "with confidence" by the coaches (This is a hole)

Also we have the Uncertainty of the Rice Situation.(another Hole) ....

Therefore, someone in  this group needs to step up?      Moore, Powell, Ross, Remiggio.

Given what I see and the disastrous results from last year, we would be wise to get another Vet in here.

Is bringing in another vet to be the #4 WR worth it?  I don't see anyone out there better than Brown, Rice, or Worthy at the moment.  Maybe Renfro, but that's not much. 

Source: Sharp Football Analytics

Available Free Agent  WR's as of May 14:

• Michael Thomas
  • Hunter Renfrow
  • Mecole Hardman
  • Corey Davis
  • Julio Jones
  • Russell Gage
  • Alex Erickson
  • Lynn Bowden
  • Randall Cobb
  • Sterling Shepard
  • Robbie Chosen
  • Richie James
  • Jakeem Grant
  • Martavis Bryant

WR shelf looks & smells  like "fish market" leftovers at this point.

Renfrow and Hardman should be cheap

Thomas, Cobb and Jones have heavy tread wear

i''m hoping we can see some heavier personel packages..  2 and 3 TE, things...  that with worthy and brown.. can brring a lot of problems.. 

I also dont neccessarily expect m;uch from him this yeyar, butt i find the rugby guy highly intriguing, because as for speed, whhile his 40 time didnt show it.. 

he's right in there with Worthy and Brown.. 

On 5/14/2024 at 10:13 AM, Spfdchiefsfan said:

Well, if he could catch, maybe, let him drop passes from Allen when it matters.  That will help more than any scouting he might be able to provide.

If having Patrick Mahomes throwing him the football couldn't help him with his drops, how is Josh Allen?  Maybe he will do better with a change of scenery or with a different QB throwing a different kind of pass and trajectory to him, but I wouldn't gamble on that. He will be one more receiver who  secondaries will not be able to ignore and who has speed, but I think Allen will tire of him missing catches that he should have caught. It all depends on how he does early to maintain Allen's confidence in him.

On 5/16/2024 at 8:45 AM, Fmbl2187 said:

If having Patrick Mahomes throwing him the football couldn't help him with his drops, how is Josh Allen?  Maybe he will do better with a change of scenery or with a different QB throwing a different kind of pass and trajectory to him, but I wouldn't gamble on that. He will be one more receiver who  secondaries will not be able to ignore and who has speed, but I think Allen will tire of him missing catches that he should have caught. It all depends on how he does early to maintain Allen's confidence in him.

Packers too gave up on MVS and he had Rodgers throwing to him there.

Have to imagine a wr or two getting cut this summer, especially after this deep wr draft.  We don't need a #1 we just a solid #3type that can raise the floor of the room.  No need to overpay for that.  Having plenty of cash for potential extensions or a dead line trade is nice.  

16 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Have to imagine a wr or two getting cut this summer, especially after this deep wr draft.  We don't need a #1 we just a solid #3type that can raise the floor of the room.  No need to overpay for that.  Having plenty of cash for potential extensions or a dead line trade is nice.  

Agree. With 12.5 million, I have to think that the Chiefs will make some kind of splash that will help the team, probably raising the floor of some questionable position group.  The WR room is probably the top candidate for that, right or wrong. No way to predict injuries (except in the case of Toney LOL).  Since the strength of the team is Mahomes, a couple of major WR injuries, a suspension or release of a WR, and an aging Kelce, we could put Mahomes in a position very discouraging to him and to the fan base, and a deep hole for the season unless we pick up a veteran WR. On the other hand, if this Jared Wiley allows Reid to bring back some 13 alignment plays, we could possibly use that money just as well on some other need. In particular, I would like to see more credible depth at RB.

7 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Agree. With 12.5 million, I have to think that the Chiefs will make some kind of splash that will help the team, probably raising the floor of some questionable position group.  The WR room is probably the top candidate for that, right or wrong. No way to predict injuries (except in the case of Toney LOL).  Since the strength of the team is Mahomes, a couple of major WR injuries, a suspension or release of a WR, and an aging Kelce, we could put Mahomes in a position very discouraging to him and to the fan base, and a deep hole for the season unless we pick up a veteran WR. On the other hand, if this Jared Wiley allows Reid to bring back some 13 alignment plays, we could possibly use that money just as well on some other need. In particular, I would like to see more credible depth at RB.

RB is a real possibility, but maybe some of the cap space can be better used to extend Creed or Bolton.  Veach is playing long term with Andy signed for five years.  

12 hours ago, jetlord said:

RB is a real possibility, but maybe some of the cap space can be better used to extend Creed or Bolton.  Veach is playing long term with Andy signed for five years.  

Time To Stop And Think - Imgflip

17 hours ago, jetlord said:

Great suggestion.  I say Creed. I still remember the setback when we lost Mitch Morse. Crucial.

4 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Great suggestion.  I say Creed. I still remember the setback when we lost Mitch Morse. Crucial.

Well, they have a year to see if Nourzad can become a starter quality lineman or whether he's even the next Allegretti.  Same for the Holy Cross guy (Hansen?)  The way the Chiefs picked in this year's draft shows that Veach is playing the long game.  I like it. 

On 5/17/2024 at 11:23 AM, Fmbl2187 said:

Agree Fmbl.  Outside of Pacheco that room looks pretty meh.  CEH is a good 4th option but he doesn't bring anything to the table other than familiarity with the O.  A speed back, similar to what McKinnon was, was be perfect but McKinnon lost a big step last year.   Not gonna worry to much as there should be a few RB's cut as well at the deadline.  I still think that wr floor needs to be raised over the rb room.   You never know that German kid could work out nicely.