Valdes - Anyone else find this as funny as I do?

I may be in the minority but I'm strongly in favor of resigning Creed to an extension but not in favor of overpaying Bolton.  If there is a fair and good deal out there for Bolton then sure but ~15apy is a horrible way to spend your money imo.  Love the player but overpaying a limited MLB is just not good business sense with a qb getting paid what Mahomes is.

55 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I may be in the minority but I'm strongly in favor of resigning Creed to an extension but not in favor of overpaying Bolton.  If there is a fair and good deal out there for Bolton then sure but ~15apy is a horrible way to spend your money imo.  Love the player but overpaying a limited MLB is just not good business sense with a qb getting paid what Mahomes is.

Yeah, you'd be in the minority. Especially with Spags. He's on record saying that the defense is what it's capable of because of Bolton. Said Bolton was as vital and intelligent as Antonio Pierce was for him. I'm certain Veach will sign him to a good deal for both sides. 

3 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Veach will make it happen!

On 5/15/2024 at 8:48 AM, jetlord said:

The Chiefs are in much better position in the WR room than they were last year.  Even assuming that Rice misses half the season, he wasn't counted on for much in the first half of the season last year and played more by necessity than plan.  Worthy is counted on for more this year than Rice last year since the Chiefs were so eager to draft him.  Reid had plans and plays for Worthy and I think we'll see more of him in the first half of the season than we did Rice last year.  Hollywood should be an upgrade over MVS and help open up the middle for Kelce and whoever plays the slot.  Anything from Toney or Skyy will be a bonus and Watson will be the same Watson.  If they use Moore only in the slot and can convince Toney to catch before running, the WR corp will be better than last year. 

HB will be a huge upgrade over MVS (and everyone else.) That guy never had the opportunity to thrive in the last two schemes he was mired in. Now he's got Patrick and an offense geared to utilize his strengths. And he seems motivated. Personally I think signing him was a steal, but only time will tell.

Haven't heard a lot about the court dates etc for Rice, but sometimes these things can drag on for months and even years... he could potentially start the first few games in the season before his trial, which knowing the schedule, would be fine by me. Rice is a tough, big body guy who is dangerous on slants and plays across the middle. He's the opposite of Worthy, so both of them together present a lot of issues for the tampa 2s we always see. 

The person who will benefit most from Rice, Worthy and HB on the field is Kelce... and I'm here for it.

On 5/17/2024 at 6:09 PM, jetlord said:

RB is a real possibility, but maybe some of the cap space can be better used to extend Creed or Bolton.  Veach is playing long term with Andy signed for five years.  

With the loss of Gay, we need to extend Bolton. Gay was a hell of an important piece of the defense this year. I know Tranquill is doing well, but my concern there is depth. 

As for RBs... I still think they can squeeze some productivity out of CEH. They'll need to start reducing the tread wear (as west puts it) on Pacheco. His style is awesome but it's not one that suits a lot of carries year after year in the NFL. 

On 5/18/2024 at 8:41 PM, Boone said:

Yeah, you'd be in the minority. Especially with Spags. He's on record saying that the defense is what it's capable of because of Bolton. Said Bolton was as vital and intelligent as Antonio Pierce was for him. I'm certain Veach will sign him to a good deal for both sides. 

Spags is right. He reads offenses and directs it. Extremely smart.  Being a great tackler and player is not what makes him special. Spags needs him beyond what he is as a player.

26 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Spags is right. He reads offenses and directs it. Extremely smart.  Being a great tackler and player is not what makes him special. Spags needs him beyond what he is as a player.

that's why Gay is gone ..all athlete no brains..Tranquil on the other hand

5 hours ago, mex said:

With the loss of Gay, we need to extend Bolton. Gay was a hell of an important piece of the defense this year. I know Tranquill is doing well, but my concern there is depth. 

As for RBs... I still think they can squeeze some productivity out of CEH. They'll need to start reducing the tread wear (as west puts it) on Pacheco. His style is awesome but it's not one that suits a lot of carries year after year in the NFL. 

Yeah LB depth is a real concern

1 hour ago, xen said:

Yeah LB depth is a real concern

Well they did get a couple from udfa who many thought would be selected in Bozeman and Jacobs. Also still have Cochrane as our 4th lb. Maybe waiting on camp cuts too.