The really great thing about winning 3 SBs in 5 years is being able to rewatch so many outstanding SBs and playoff games.

For lack of any decent programming on TV these days, I find myself watching these games multiple times... putting youtube up on the tv and reliving games like the comeback wins over the Texans, Titans, and SF in XIV... all the way through to this year's playoff wins and SB XVIII. Hasn't gotten old yet, because there are so danged many of them.

Then there's the multiple First Things First shows where Nick is (not so humbly) predicting Chiefs dominance while Chris and Kevin go against the Chiefs every time, then Nick returns, post game, to gloriously rub it in while posting stats that are always amazing. Culminating in the best tweet ever from Patrick Mahomes. 

Then of course there's rewatching the other pundits forced to acknowledge Chiefs dominance on their shows... ie Cowherd, Florio/Simms and Eisen. 

And don't forget all the episodes of The Franchise.

At my house, much to the wife's chagrin, it's been all Chiefs all the time. Great time to be a Chiefs fan.

Funny how different fan bases and commentators keep finding ways to equate their favorite QBs with Mahomes.  The Chiefs only win because the league is promoting them.  The refs favor the Chiefs.  The coach just made a bad, game deciding decision.  The Chiefs got lucky.  They overlook the times the Chiefs made the bad drop or got the bad call and still won.  They overlook that Lamar chokes, Allen only comes close, Herbert has done nothing.  Stroud, Purdy, and Lawrence are just waiting to be the next Mahomes.  Guess they have to stir the pot and try to make controversy, but it's hard for them to admit that in this era of football, Mahomes, Andy, and Travis are the perfect storm.  

35 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Funny how different fan bases and commentators keep finding ways to equate their favorite QBs with Mahomes.  The Chiefs only win because the league is promoting them.  The refs favor the Chiefs.  The coach just made a bad, game deciding decision.  The Chiefs got lucky.  They overlook the times the Chiefs made the bad drop or got the bad call and still won.  They overlook that Lamar chokes, Allen only comes close, Herbert has done nothing.  Stroud, Purdy, and Lawrence are just waiting to be the next Mahomes.  Guess they have to stir the pot and try to make controversy, but it's hard for them to admit that in this era of football, Mahomes, Andy, and Travis are the perfect storm.  

During SB XVIII we had so many bad spots I couldn't believe it. It was like they'd automatically take 1.5 yds off each play. 

1 hour ago, mex said:

During SB XVIII we had so many bad spots I couldn't believe it. It was like they'd automatically take 1.5 yds off each play. 

Yep.  Will the trial of the chip in the ball  spotting help?  That always seemed to be a reasonable way to at least determine whether the line of gain was made in  pile ups on the line.  It shouldn't be that technically difficult. 

3 hours ago, jetlord said:

Yep.  Will the trial of the chip in the ball  spotting help?  That always seemed to be a reasonable way to at least determine whether the line of gain was made in  pile ups on the line.  It shouldn't be that technically difficult. 

They're trying an optical system instead.  They tested it last year and are using it during preseason this year.  If it goes well they're talking about implementing for this season.  

Don't ask me why they're using an optical system when all the balls are already chipped.

13 minutes ago, xen said:

They're trying an optical system instead.  They tested it last year and are using it during preseason this year.  If it goes well they're talking about implementing for this season.  

Don't ask me why they're using an optical system when all the balls are already chipped.

So how does an optical system work when there's a pile up at the LOS and the ball isn't all that visible?  I thought the chip thing was to be tested.

33 minutes ago, xen said:

Why are they using an optical system when the balls are already chipped?

9 hours ago, mex said:

The really great thing about winning 3 SBs in 5 years is being able to rewatch so many outstanding SBs and playoff games.

For lack of any decent programming on TV these days, I find myself watching these games multiple times... putting youtube up on the tv and reliving games like the comeback wins over the Texans, Titans, and SF in XIV... all the way through to this year's playoff wins and SB XVIII. Hasn't gotten old yet, because there are so danged many of them.

Then there's the multiple First Things First shows where Nick is (not so humbly) predicting Chiefs dominance while Chris and Kevin go against the Chiefs every time, then Nick returns, post game, to gloriously rub it in while posting stats that are always amazing. Culminating in the best tweet ever from Patrick Mahomes. 

Then of course there's rewatching the other pundits forced to acknowledge Chiefs dominance on their shows... ie Cowherd, Florio/Simms and Eisen. 

And don't forget all the episodes of The Franchise.

At my house, much to the wife's chagrin, it's been all Chiefs all the time. Great time to be a Chiefs fan.

I watch so much youtube I went ahead and paid for premium. Loads of Chiefs content. I've been enjoying the SBs and playoff games myself. Red Beard usually has good content. And Nick is the man. 

42 minutes ago, Nadlers Quivering Balls said:

I watch so much youtube I went ahead and paid for premium. Loads of Chiefs content. I've been enjoying the SBs and playoff games myself. Red Beard usually has good content. And Nick is the man. 

Does Premium not have commercials? How much is it?

4 hours ago, mex said:

Does Premium not have commercials? How much is it?

Same question.  I seem to get all the content without signing up for anything.  RGR, HBTC, Locked On, Matt Derrick, KCSN, and the two All Chief'd Up guys give me more than enough.

12 hours ago, Nadlers Quivering Balls said:

I dropped Netflix, added youtube premium and save 3 bucks a month. It's worth it to me. Youtube in 99% of my viewing anyway. 

I used to have the Premium back when it was still called Youtube Red.  And other than watching a movie on Vudu every now and then, Youtube is all that I watch.  It the absolute best place to keep up on my guitar training.  And I have been playing since I was in high school.  Always learning new stuff.  Deep diving into Pentatonic scales now.

8 minutes ago, SEMO said:

I used to have the Premium back when it was still called Youtube Red.  And other than watching a movie on Vudu every now and then, Youtube is all that I watch.  It the absolute best place to keep up on my guitar training.  And I have been playing since I was in high school.  Always learning new stuff.  Deep diving into Pentatonic scales now.

YouTube is a goldmine for guitar instruction. Hundreds of lessons for every level and every conceivable genre. I’m just getting back into it and am relearning exclusively from YouTube. 

It's not just you Mex.  I rewatch SBs a lot. I also watch YouTube a lot and have had premium for years since I have YouTube music (formerly Google play music). 

It has been glorious run and I have enjoyed the hell out of it.  The 2019 season, playoff comebacks and SB win are the most special to me and I love rewatching them the most.  I still get goosebumps watching Damien Williams' touchdown run to ice the game.  Hell, I just got goosebumps writing about it!  

On 5/22/2024 at 10:28 AM, mex said:

It really does seem like the league uses refs to enforce parity.  But seeming, if you look at it objectively, is not really possible.  Nothing gets past public discovery anymore. A meeting of NFL execs and referees would involve so many people, it would be immediately discovered and reported.  If subconscious, it would still be unlikely, because these refs know thir reputation and jobs would be threatened by a lack of averaged correlation with replay evidence.  I think the bias is in us, the fans, because what we want influences how we interpret what we "seem" to see. My own suspicion is pretty limited to that one guy, Cheffers (I think), who seems to really hate the Chiefs overtly. I think the expanded use of replay and chip methods will help.  Though it decreases the human element, that doesn't seem to have hurt tennis.  Those technology-based calls on those expanded views of the lines and where the ball hits have only helped tennis, and the views are unequivocal to the fans watching on TV. So, complaints have virtually stopped, and the reputation of the officials has only increased.

On 5/24/2024 at 8:15 AM, Nadlers Quivering Balls said:

No. I didn’t. For decades I said I wanted to see the Chiefs win A Super Bowl before I died. Three in the past 5 years and fully expecting more in the next few years was beyond imagination. 

That shows again that the QB is the most important position. A total mental, physical, emotional, and leadership phenomenon like Mahomes makes the difference over 17 regular season games and playoffs and championship games. A team can win an occasional superbowl with amazing roster strength and a great QB, but to win like the Chiefs have requires a QB who is almost a mutant human being. The top coaching staff is also part of the equation obviously, but watching Mahomes is like watching Nureyev dance. It is incomprehensible. Mahomes is even a nice guy, fun, and humble. Anyone else othewise like Mahomes is likely to be an egotist and obnoxious, causing dissention and friction with some players and causing his own eventual demise.

Teams search for decades to find a QB like Mahomes.  Most of the time, they end up with something merely good or even very good, sometimes a total bust like Blackledge. There may never be another QB like Mahomes, especially landing on a team with Andy Reid as HC. We are privileged.  We can only enjoy it while we can, because nothing lasts forever.