Nice to see Bryan Cook back and healthy. Big time player we need back there. 

Weird seeing Carson Wentz back there... but dammit he'll be the best backup QB in the league. 

I guess Worthy is 'slightly' injured... Patrick said he was trying too hard to prove himself and tweaked something... said he could probably practice but they're being cautious.

Hollywood Brown (#5) is definitely showing out playing well. 

Toney is not there at least so far.

Wanya is back in practice after being busted in KS. Would be nice if things started clicking for him this year.

LRZ is catching punts... would be great to have him make the roster.

1 hour ago, mex said:

Nice to see Bryan Cook back and healthy. Big time player we need back there. 

Weird seeing Carson Wentz back there... but dammit he'll be the best backup QB in the league. 

I guess Worthy is 'slightly' injured... Patrick said he was trying too hard to prove himself and tweaked something... said he could probably practice but they're being cautious.

Hollywood Brown (#5) is definitely showing out playing well. 

Toney is not there at least so far.

Wanya is back in practice after being busted in KS. Would be nice if things started clicking for him this year.

LRZ is catching punts... would be great to have him make the roster.

Would love to see the rookie take that LT spot over Wanya.  He has a much higher ceiling.

9 hours ago, xen said:

Would love to see the rookie take that LT spot over Wanya.  He has a much higher ceiling.

Yep. The kid looks and sounds really smart... he's got the tools... and Andy loves him them BYU kids. 

On 5/22/2024 at 8:14 PM, xen said:

I’d like to see it and Wanya be the replacement for either guard. I think Morris has a high ceiling as a guard

16 hours ago, Palangi said:

I’d like to see it and Wanya be the replacement for either guard. I think Morris has a high ceiling as a guard

Hopefully, Thuney's and Trey's replacements are already on the roster.  Trey is going to make bank, much more than Creed gets, so pretty sure they let him walk.  Wanya may never be more than a utility lineman, but I could see him starting at guard, or even tackle, with a little time.  Nourzad is possibility for the other spot, or the kid from Holy Cross could show out in camp and stick with the team.  

15 minutes ago, SEMO said:

Hopefully, Thuney's and Trey's replacements are already on the roster.  Trey is going to make bank, much more than Creed gets, so pretty sure they let him walk.  Wanya may never be more than a utility lineman, but I could see him starting at guard, or even tackle, with a little time.  Nourzad is possibility for the other spot, or the kid from Holy Cross could show out in camp and stick with the team.  

This could be Thuney's last year and even more likely, Smith is playing his last season at RG.  Nourzad is in line to take one spot and I think the Chiefs will draft another next spring and resign Creed.  Don't know about Hansen, the Holy Cross guy.  He's a little light but maybe can bulk up over the year.  At the least, one should be able to fill the role that Allegretti played before. 

I am not sure of any of the players other than the O-Line starters that are back.....But I am really sure that Veach, Reid and ultimately Andy Heck know exactly what they are doing on the O-Line now.   After the Tampa SB disaster, this is one area that they will not compromise on.

w

1 minute ago, West said:

I am not sure of any of the players other than the O-Line starters that are back.....But I am really sure that Veach, Reid and ultimately Andy Heck know exactly what they are doing on the O-Line now.   After the Tampa SB disaster, this is one area that they will not compromise on.

w

oh they have compromised alright IMO on the Tackle positions they have just gotten away with it Biggly. Until proven other wise that tackle position is a a pie yet to be baked.

12 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

oh they have compromised alright IMO on the Tackle positions they have just gotten away with it Biggly. Until proven other wise that tackle position is a a pie yet to be baked.

Have to agree here.   Orlando Brown and even Taylor to a degree seemed like panic/pressure moves.  I agree the SB loss to TB got their attention but they haven't batted 1000 on that unit.  On that issue, I am so glad that OBJ didn't sign that albatross of a contract.  I love Veach, dude is an amazing GM and no GM gets it 100% right but he overpaid Taylor.   Thankfully that interior is nails and the tackles were good enough to get the job done.   Hope Kingsley is a homerun.  Would go a long way towards extending this SB window with flexibility for other areas.

7 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Have to agree here.   Orlando Brown and even Taylor to a degree seemed like panic/pressure moves.  I agree the SB loss to TB got their attention but they haven't batted 1000 on that unit.  On that issue, I am so glad that OBJ didn't sign that albatross of a contract.  I love Veach, dude is an amazing GM and no GM gets it 100% right but he overpaid Taylor.   Thankfully that interior is nails and the tackles were good enough to get the job done.   Hope Kingsley is a homerun.  Would go a long way towards extending this SB window with flexibility for other areas.

Can't get a sure thing at OT drafting at #32 and not many starters are floating around in FA.  The Chiefs may have to bite the bullet and make a major trade up to solve the long term OT issues.   Right now, it appears that they are drafting potential and hoping to muddle through until they find and train their men. 

8 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Yep. It's been a temporary quick-bake pie not meant to sit on the window sill very long. For the last three years. It's been adequate, but barely. I'd like to grab a LTOTF we can depend on for the next 5-8 years, so Patrick has one less worry.