59 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Seeing more and more speculation of a trade for Deebo.  Probably not, but it's out there in the universe.

The Chiefs traded away a core player to save cap space and pick up a future draft pick.  Why would they turn around and pick up a pricey player and trade away draft capital?  How did that work out with Clark, or eventually, Brown?  Deebo might add a lot to the offense, but at what future cost?  Without knowing what a possible deal might look like, I'd vote "No". 

24 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Why would they turn around and pick up a pricey player and trade away draft capital?  Rashee Rice How did that work out with Clark, or eventually, Brown? Won 3 Super Bowls so far. Deebo might add a lot to the offense, but at what future cost?  Not sure.  Probably a 2nd round pick.  Without knowing what a possible deal might look like, I'd vote "No".  I'd vote "Maybe"

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

The Chiefs traded away a core player to save cap space and pick up a future draft pick.  Why would they turn around and pick up a pricey player and trade away draft capital?  How did that work out with Clark, or eventually, Brown?  Deebo might add a lot to the offense, but at what future cost?  Without knowing what a possible deal might look like, I'd vote "No". 

We have traded a lot with SF over the years. Montana, Smith, Dee Ford etc, and others too. We seem to like to trade with them. If the price is right and you know HB won't need to be resign after his year is up.....it makes sense.

22 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

All This is nice but much like there are no trades between Division Rivals, i can't see SF trading with the team who has beaten them in the SuperBowl two times

Amon-ra St. Brown it is then.  

Would you guys trade for D.K.?  What would his cost be compared to Deebo?  Standing pat is okay with me but I'm thinking more of the next five years rather than all in for a threepeat.

18 hours ago, jetlord said:

Would you guys trade for D.K.?  What would his cost be compared to Deebo?  Standing pat is okay with me but I'm thinking more of the next five years rather than all in for a threepeat.

I think anyone would love to have D K, but he is just as costly as Deebo in terms of salary and probably more costly in trade value.  He's a year and change younger, but he's a slightly different version of an "all in for a threepeat" than Deebo.  

A threepeat is next level special.  It would cement this team as the greatest arguably. You obviously don’t want to mortgage the farm but trading a nominal amount to help in that effort is worth it.  It’s a never been done before feat and if Mahomes wants to surpass Brady he will need a special accomplishment if he doesn’t eclipse 7 rings.  I don’t think we are one wr away though.  I think a stud LT would be money wiser spent.  

3 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

A threepeat is next level special.  It would cement this team as the greatest arguably. You obviously don’t want to mortgage the farm but trading a nominal amount to help in that effort is worth it.  It’s a never been done before feat and if Mahomes wants to surpass Brady he will need a special accomplishment if he doesn’t eclipse 7 rings.  I don’t think we are one wr away though.  I think a stud LT would be money wiser spent.  

No one is coming off a stud LT.

4 hours ago, xen said:

No one is coming off a stud LT.

Agreed.  Just making the point that a LT would go a lot farther towards making that threepeat possible than adding another wr.

8 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Agreed.  Just making the point that a LT would go a lot farther towards making that threepeat possible than adding another wr.

Not so sure about that premise.  It will always be hard to be a tackle for Pat just cause of how he likes to move around and manipulate the D.  While it's awesome it is hard on your tackles.  You could be doing great, but now he's not where you expect him to be, which can lead to holds if you're not careful.

By any metric we like, I think we can all agree that last years offense sucked in the regular season.  Most of the issues can be traced to the receivers though.  Inability to separate, drops, not making good sight adjustments, etc... the list was long.

The tackles were average but Pat has shown he can make that work.  Reminder, the year before we led the league in offense with average tackle play.  Same the year before that.  The difference was the receiving corps.

Add to that it is 1000% easier to find a legit wr than a legit tackle, just due to supply and demand, and I think a vet receiver might make a bigger difference to the offense.

All that said I'd wait and let the young guys get all the reps and to get more clarity on Rice's situation.  

3 hours ago, xen said:

Not so sure about that premise.  It will always be hard to be a tackle for Pat just cause of how he likes to move around and manipulate the D.  While it's awesome it is hard on your tackles.  You could be doing great, but now he's not where you expect him to be, which can lead to holds if you're not careful.

By any metric we like, I think we can all agree that last years offense sucked in the regular season.  Most of the issues can be traced to the receivers though.  Inability to separate, drops, not making good sight adjustments, etc... the list was long.

The tackles were average but Pat has shown he can make that work.  Reminder, the year before we led the league in offense with average tackle play.  Same the year before that.  The difference was the receiving corps.

Add to that it is 1000% easier to find a legit wr than a legit tackle, just due to supply and demand, and I think a vet receiver might make a bigger difference to the offense.

All that said I'd wait and let the young guys get all the reps and to get more clarity on Rice's situation.  

Agree with most of that except I'm not sure the Chiefs' tackle play was even average and may not be again this year.  They may end up grabbing Donovan Smith or someone similar off the scrap heap after TC begins but I'm for saving the cap space to pay Creed and Bolton.  

51 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Agree with most of that except I'm not sure the Chiefs' tackle play was even average and may not be again this year.  They may end up grabbing Donovan Smith or someone similar off the scrap heap after TC begins but I'm for saving the cap space to pay Creed and Bolton.  

Personally I'd just like to see some on the job training for the young tackles and let them get reps.  With as fast as Hollywood and Worthy are, Andy can build gameplans around the quick passing game.  Get the ball out fast while they're learning.  Meanwhile in 2.5 seconds or less those 2 receivers can be 20 yards down the field which still opens things up for the tight ends.

5 minutes ago, xen said:

Personally I'd just like to see some on the job training for the young tackles and let them get reps.  With as fast as Hollywood and Worthy are, Andy can build gameplans around the quick passing game.  Get the ball out fast while they're learning.  Meanwhile in 2.5 seconds or less those 2 receivers can be 20 yards down the field which still opens things up for the tight ends.

If Andy fulfills his dream of having the deep option this season, they will need tackle play.

If Andy fulfills his dream of having the deep option this season, they will need tackle play.

I mean sure we need tackles but we've also seen Pat do well throwing deep with guys like Cam Irving and Andrew F'in Wylie protecting him.

40 minutes ago, xen said:

I mean sure we need tackles but we've also seen Pat do well throwing deep with guys like Cam Irving and Andrew F'in Wylie protecting him.

You've won the point.  Irving and Wylie have more SB rings than Trent Williams.  

BTW we do need better play at LT than what Wanya showed in those few games last year, but hopefully we get some good competition going.  They just need to be as good as Donovan Smith was, which is not a high bar to clear.  Minimally competent.  As Mitch Schwartz used to say, "die a slow death".  That's all you need with Pat.

You've won the point.  Irving and Wylie have more SB rings than Trent Williams.  

I bet Williams wished he had signed with us 

49 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

I bet Williams wished he had signed with us 

Can't feel sorry for him.  Hope that extra whatever money was worth getting ring blocked by Pat.