Fastest Guy on the roster

50 minutes ago, robgar said:

Who is it?

There is some real speed back in KC..... I actually believe, this years team could be faster than the legion of zoom. 

Worthy. I mean he ran the fastest 40 ever recorded for the NFL

2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

there is underwear speed and football speed, until proven otherwise Combine time be damned Cheetah is the fastest person on the field at any given time.

Cheetah is back on our roster?

5 minutes ago, xen said:

Cheetah is back on our roster?

a man can dream 

now that JJ got that whopper of a contract Tyreek might just get himself traded  making his noise about wanting JJ $$

JJ getting 35 million is crazy.  He is amazing but the only way you can do that and even hope to compete is if your qb is really good and on his rookie contract.   I don't think we will ever see another elite wr get a second contract with this team.  It will be a revolving door unless one wants to stay on a fair deal.  Kelce will most likely be the last elite reciever Pat has from start to finish of their career.   Waddle getting 28 million is wild.  Heard that is what Higgins will get.   Those guys are good but they aren't even close to elite.  Best to keep drafting a wr every year like DB and hope you can keep develop a few.  Wish we would find a wr coach that can actually do that like Merritt can.   

5 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

JJ getting 35 million is crazy.  He is amazing but the only way you can do that and even hope to compete is if your qb is really good and on his rookie contract.   I don't think we will ever see another elite wr get a second contract with this team.  It will be a revolving door unless one wants to stay on a fair deal.  Kelce will most likely be the last elite reciever Pat has from start to finish of their career.   Waddle getting 28 million is wild.  Heard that is what Higgins will get.   Those guys are good but they aren't even close to elite.  Best to keep drafting a wr every year like DB and hope you can keep develop a few.  Wish we would find a wr coach that can actually do that like Merritt can.   

technically TK was drafted in 2013 and MVPatrick 2017 but your point is a solid one.. these days of outlandish WR salaries the Chiefs will likely never see much more than rentals at the WR position.

13 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

technically TK was drafted in 2013 and MVPatrick 2017 but your point is a solid one.. these days of outlandish WR salaries the Chiefs will likely never see much more than rentals at the WR position.

We will get to see Rice for the next 2 1/2 years assuming this year is a half year.  I know Andy is loyal and he believes in rotating coaches to get them prepped to be a HC but he is staring down the barrel of a potential goat HC claim.  Finding an actual wr coach who can develop guys becomes infinitely more important than putting a guy there to learn the position to better prepare him to be a HC.  Like you said we will be drafting and acquiring older vets and 2nd tier guys for the majority of Mahomes career.  Only way I see that change is if Mahomes takes a huge discount after this big contract to add talent around him for this final 5-7 years.

7 hours ago, oldtimer said:

We been doing pretty good with rentals and rookies. 

6 hours ago, West said:

You pay your cornerstones and you better draft well......

I give it up to TK for putting super bowls ahead of the bag.....

Of course, if he marries Taylor....he will be fine.

Two words. Pre Nup. 

Taylor Swift Gif - GIFcen

19 hours ago, West said:

You pay your cornerstones and you better draft well......

I give it up to TK for putting super bowls ahead of the bag.....

Of course, if he marries Taylor....he will be fine.

he could go into broadcasting as well, getting a ton of experience with his Podcast

20 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

We will get to see Rice for the next 2 1/2 years assuming this year is a half year.  I know Andy is loyal and he believes in rotating coaches to get them prepped to be a HC but he is staring down the barrel of a potential goat HC claim.  Finding an actual wr coach who can develop guys becomes infinitely more important than putting a guy there to learn the position to better prepare him to be a HC.  Like you said we will be drafting and acquiring older vets and 2nd tier guys for the majority of Mahomes career.  Only way I see that change is if Mahomes takes a huge discount after this big contract to add talent around him for this final 5-7 years.

I see these types of opinions a lot.  

Coach x can't coach x position.

How do we know? 

People said the same thing about Andy Heck and he's one of the better Oline coaches in the league.  People were calling for his head.

And then he got better players and all of a sudden he could coach again.

29 minutes ago, xen said:

How do we know? 

People said the same thing about Andy Heck and he's one of the better Oline coaches in the league.  People were calling for his head.

I have always been a fan of Andy Heck, his resume speaks for itself + he's a Domer so there is that too. Same ignorance calling for Heck's head where most like the same as saying Spags had to go.

1 hour ago, xen said:

How do we know? 

I remember people calling for Toub's job. 

1 hour ago, xen said:

How do we know? 

I'm old enough to remember when bill belichick was a good coach. 

58 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I'm old enough to remember when bill belichick was a good coach. 

..and I'm old enough to remember when Marv Levy wasn't.  Amazing how a coach gets so much smarter when the players he has to work with are more talented.    

4 hours ago, jetlord said:

..and I'm old enough to remember when Marv Levy wasn't.  Amazing how a coach gets so much smarter when the players he has to work with are more talented.    

yep, he had chicken shit to work with when he was here in KC, the last thing that front office wanted to worry about was football

1 hour ago, KC Warpaint said:

yep, he had chicken shit to work with when he was here in KC, the last thing that front office wanted to worry about was football

I'll be forever grateful that Lamar Hunt brought football to KC 60+ years ago, but one down side was his loyalty to mediocre staff that should have been replaced much earlier.  

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

I'll be forever grateful that Lamar Hunt brought football to KC 60+ years ago, but one down side was his loyalty to mediocre staff that should have been replaced much earlier.  

thank god he saw the light and brought in Carl & Marty

4 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

thank god he saw the light and brought in Carl & Marty

Yep.  That filled Arrowhead and made football fun again in KC.  Before that, one could pick up tickets on game day outside the stadium for half price and carry on a conversation in normal voice during the game.  Neil Smith and Derrick made the place come alive after all those bad years.