Fastest Guy on the roster

10 hours ago, xen said:

I see these types of opinions a lot.  

Coach x can't coach x position.

How do we know? 

People said the same thing about Andy Heck and he's one of the better Oline coaches in the league.  People were calling for his head.

And then he got better players and all of a sudden he could coach again.

How do we know?  His entire unit outside of Rice regressed leaps and bounds last year.  That is statistically not good for him.  Sure one or two guys could regress for a various list of reasons but the entire unit?  You are right that adding talent definitely helps but a whole lot more got invested in that side of the ball than the secondary and yet Merritt develops those guys. I'll give him some time, shoot, we won the sb with those scrubs at wr but with Mahomes salary and the roster construction we need a guy who can develop guys into the players that fit this scheme.  Hoping the addition of Brown and Worthy will help that out.

Also, I don't recall Andy Heck ever having an entire Oline regress in a season.  You may be right, but its a fact Andy rotates guys around to areas that aren't their specialty to get them experience as is his prerogative.  Dude is top 5 all time and moving up fast.  

13 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

How do we know?  His entire unit outside of Rice regressed leaps and bounds last year.  That is statistically not good for him.  Sure one or two guys could regress for a various list of reasons but the entire unit?  You are right that adding talent definitely helps but a whole lot more got invested in that side of the ball than the secondary and yet Merritt develops those guys. I'll give him some time, shoot, we won the sb with those scrubs at wr but with Mahomes salary and the roster construction we need a guy who can develop guys into the players that fit this scheme.  Hoping the addition of Brown and Worthy will help that out.

Also, I don't recall Andy Heck ever having an entire Oline regress in a season.  You may be right, but its a fact Andy rotates guys around to areas that aren't their specialty to get them experience as is his prerogative.  Dude is top 5 all time and moving up fast.  

Well to be fair, what WR was any good at all? Can't fault him for having Sky Moore be a total bust. Toney being a mental case etc. The guys we thought would be good just fucking sucked. Not much can be done with any of them. I would be surprised if any of them are in the tram after this year. We need them now for depth if anything.

14 hours ago, jetlord said:

Yep.  That filled Arrowhead and made football fun again in KC.  Before that, one could pick up tickets on game day outside the stadium for half price and carry on a conversation in normal voice during the game.  Neil Smith and Derrick made the place come alive after all those bad years.  

or just park your car at a Milgrams and you'd find free tickets wedged under your windshield wipers when you come out.

One time, Lamar and Norma Hunt came to my home town with a bunch buses and armed wranglers and forced people to go to a game against their will.  We reported it to the cops but you know how that goes.

10 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

One time, Lamar and Norma Hunt came to my home town with a bunch buses and armed wranglers and forced people to go to a game against their will.  We reported it to the cops but you know how that goes.

Was that in the Frank Gansz or Paul Wiggins years?

44 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

does it matter? They all blended into one bad season after another. only bright spot was the WC game under Mackovic 

Did any coach between Stram and Marty have a winning record?  Those were really dark years.  

20 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Well to be fair, what WR was any good at all? Can't fault him for having Sky Moore be a total bust. Toney being a mental case etc. The guys we thought would be good just fucking sucked. Not much can be done with any of them. I would be surprised if any of them are in the tram after this year. We need them now for depth if anything.

This is a possibility for sure.  Time will tell and I sure ain't going to lose any sleep over it one way or another.   Just wasn't great that the whole unit sucked outside of a rookie and this his disastrous presser, which could have been a guy nervous in front of cameras and nothing more.  No excuses this year though.

7 hours ago, jetlord said:

Did any coach between Stram and Marty have a winning record?  Those were really dark years.  

It all started with Ben Davidson spearing Lenny the Cool. 

All downhill from there.

Fuck them raiders.

• 2 weeks later...

fastest recorded on field speed,  of the last 5 years.. goes to the rugby guy.. not cheetah, not the guy wwho ran  the fastest combine 40... 

but to the rugby guy... 

5 hours ago, robgar said:

fastest recorded on field speed,  of the last 5 years.. goes to the rugby guy.. not cheetah, not the guy wwho ran  the fastest combine 40... 

but to the rugby guy... 

Sure in mph.  I'll take the 4.21 in a foot race.  You gotta get to top speed before you can hit the top mph.  We've seen l9ng striders (hell MVS the last few years) amd their limitations.  Plus Worthy is no slouch in mph either.

i am not taking anything awayy from worthy..   just questioning the  40 time for the rugby guy.... 

when on field speed doesnt match recorded times.. what you do  ;)

anyway its a much better discussion than we had last year...  my friend.. 

now instead of wondering who could get open... 

we have 3  sub 4.3 wr''s.. and a pair of 4.3 or therabouts running backs... ... and what could turn out to be one hell of a pair of tightends..  speed threats at every level.. 

and I like that. 

On 6/17/2024 at 7:46 AM, robgar said:

i am not taking anything awayy from worthy..   just questioning the  40 time for the rugby guy.... 

when on field speed doesnt match recorded times.. what you do  ;)

anyway its a much better discussion than we had last year...  my friend.. 

now instead of wondering who could get open... 

we have 3  sub 4.3 wr''s.. and a pair of 4.3 or therabouts running backs... ... and what could turn out to be one hell of a pair of tightends..  speed threats at every level.. 

and I like that. 

we 2 sub 4.3 WRS. i don't count Hardman's 4.22, which was hand time.