Chiefs starting a track team, sign Mecole

Hardman figured out his market value....and it was low

Chiefs figured out what the WR room looks like after OTA's.....they think they need more.

There are 2-3 WR's that better step it up at traning camp.  Reid and Veach are all about competition.

58 minutes ago, West said:

Hardman figured out his market value....and it was low

Chiefs figured out what the WR room looks like after OTA's.....they think they need more.

There are 2-3 WR's that better step it up at traning camp.  Reid and Veach are all about competition.

Anyone know why Toney didn't come to OTAs, at least not until this week if at all?  For all the praise from the coaches and considering it's his contract year, he's certainly giving a bad look and leaving the Chiefs no choice but to replace him.

4 hours ago, jetlord said:

Anyone know why Toney didn't come to OTAs, at least not until this week if at all?

He had the plane ticket in his hand but dropped it... someone else picked it up before it hit the ground and took his flight.

3 hours ago, DieHard said:

Going out on a limb here. Toney has zero chance of making the roster. Zero. Zammit makes the 53 and Toney doesn’t. Bet the mortgage. 

That's a nice thick limb. Too many options to put up with his tomfoolery.

10 hours ago, mex said:

That's a nice thick limb. Too many options to put up with his tomfoolery.

Yep. He has all the talent in the world but I just don’t see him skipping OTAs and then convincing the coaches he is committed. Was he even in Texas?

Toney is a dud....He just needed to act like a professional, put his head down and work harder after the drops. Instead, he went the other way.

he may get cut prior to training camp.

2 hours ago, West said:

Toney is a dud....He just needed to act like a professional, put his head down and work harder after the drops. Instead, he went the other way.

Working on his rapping career. How anyone can understand him is beyond me.

3 hours ago, West said:

dead cap hit is $2.5M

9 hours ago, DieHard said:

Yep. He has all the talent in the world but I just don’t see him skipping OTAs and then convincing the coaches he is committed. Was he even in Texas?

Yeah I think they had plans for him but when he didn't show that probably sealed the deal.  Oh well, he did more damage than good last yea and we still one.  Sometimes its addition by subtraction.  Sucked we traded a 3rd but that SB performance alone was worth it imo.

5 hours ago, oldtimer said:

dead cap hit is $2.5M

We could trade him but it would in essence be a salary dump and we would have to give up a pick for some team to take him.  Maybe Toney and a 6th for another teams 7th.   Honestly that 2.5 million could be used elsewhere at this point.  It's practically what it would take to sign Donavan Smith if needed.   

Bottom line is that the Chiefs have four receivers almost guaranteed to make the team.  Rice, Brown, Worthy, and Watson are locks.  That leaves Moore, Toney, Hardman, and Ross competing for gadget, backup, or minor roles at #5 or #6.  There's a few others that are camp fodder or hangers on like Powell.  I see Hardman as a cheap body who's not certain to make the final 53 but with the Rice uncertainty and Toney's antics has a good chance and could contribute especially if Rice is out for half a season.  We put Hardman down mainly because he's proven not to be worth a second round pick but tend to forget that he has made a few catches and racked up some yardage when used.  Not a bad signing and really no risk.  

6 hours ago, jetlord said:

Bottom line is that the Chiefs have four receivers almost guaranteed to make the team.  Rice, Brown, Worthy, and Watson are locks.  That leaves Moore, Toney, Hardman, and Ross competing for gadget, backup, or minor roles at #5 or #6.  There's a few others that are camp fodder or hangers on like Powell.  I see Hardman as a cheap body who's not certain to make the final 53 but with the Rice uncertainty and Toney's antics has a good chance and could contribute especially if Rice is out for half a season.  We put Hardman down mainly because he's proven not to be worth a second round pick but tend to forget that he has made a few catches and racked up some yardage when used.  Not a bad signing and really no risk.  

I'd add Remigio in that mix.  From OTA reports he has played really well.

4 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I'd add Remigio in that mix.  From OTA reports he has played really well.

Yep, Forgot about him.  He seems to be on the level of Moore, Toney, and Hardman so far.  Probably above Ross.  TC will be revealing.  

24 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

hard to be mad about that

Yep. Did you see your favorite 'light in the pants' LB Ben Neimann signed with Detroit? If we make the SB... decent probability we will see them.