Champs Get Their New Rings

• The title was changed to Champs Get Their New Rings

Annnddd...there's a typo on the underside.  Each team we beat in the playoffs is listed with their seeding number...the ring says Miami was a 7 seed, but they were actually the 6 seed.  Wonder whose job it was to check for that?

28 minutes ago, Boone said:

Annnddd...there's a typo on the underside.  Each team we beat in the playoffs is listed with their seeding number...the ring says Miami was a 7 seed, but they were actually the 6 seed.  Wonder whose job it was to check for that?

th?id=OIP.902yFdKfaV7gIDPAJ7Qz_gAAAA&pid=Api&P=0&h=180

2 hours ago, Boone said:

wonder if they will correct the error or just move on. Bet that would be a costly thing to try to fix

On 6/21/2024 at 10:17 AM, mex said:

Fucking awesome. 

I'm sitting here enjoying this... after 55 years of being a loyal Chiefs fan... through thick and thin (almost all disappointingly thin) enduring all those awful years in the late 70's and 80's... then in the late 80's we bring in Marty... who proceeds to build a defensive monster... almost there but not quite. Then 4 years later we bring in one of the greatest QBs in NFL history.... make it all the way to the AFCCG only to lose a close one (Kimble dropping an easy TD at the end of the 1st half) then mediocrity again, then we bring in Dicky V... he builds an offensive juggernaut the likes of which we haven't seen in KC since Lenny the Cool, but with a defense that couldn't stop a girl scout troupe. Just disappointment after disappointment...

And then THIS.

I'm tellin' ya... I'm STILL watching replays of all our playoff games and SB wins... and it ain't getting old because there's so many of them to watch.

I never thought I'd see the day. So thankful Clark brought in Andy. 

Every word of this. 

On 6/21/2024 at 11:17 AM, mex said:

Fucking awesome. 

I'm sitting here enjoying this... after 55 years of being a loyal Chiefs fan... through thick and thin (almost all disappointingly thin) enduring all those awful years in the late 70's and 80's... then in the late 80's we bring in Marty... who proceeds to build a defensive monster... almost there but not quite. Then 4 years later we bring in one of the greatest QBs in NFL history.... make it all the way to the AFCCG only to lose a close one (Kimble dropping an easy TD at the end of the 1st half) then mediocrity again, then we bring in Dicky V... he builds an offensive juggernaut the likes of which we haven't seen in KC since Lenny the Cool, but with a defense that couldn't stop a girl scout troupe. Just disappointment after disappointment...

And then THIS.

I'm tellin' ya... I'm STILL watching replays of all our playoff games and SB wins... and it ain't getting old because there's so many of them to watch.

I never thought I'd see the day. So thankful Clark brought in Andy. 

gotta admit it as well, whenever the NFL Network replays anything Chiefs i stop and watch, even tho i know how the games turn out.

glad we stole Andy away from everyone else

It's very awesome. It's gotten to the point where some Falcons fans I know are fans of the Chiefs. 

I agree about stealing Andy Reid, and I never dreamed it would work out like this. 

Best move?  Getting Andy.

Next best move?  Firing Pioli

Getting a whole new staff was key and Dorsey had a lot to do with turning the franchise around.  Going from 2-14 to a playoff team nearly every year was huge.  Getting a best QB put them over the top.  That wouldn't have happened with just Andy and without young, aggressive GMs.  

22 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Best move?  Getting Andy.

Next best move?  Firing Pioli

Getting a whole new staff was key and Dorsey had a lot to do with turning the franchise around.  Going from 2-14 to a playoff team nearly every year was huge.  Getting a best QB put them over the top.  That wouldn't have happened with just Andy and without young, aggressive GMs.  

Best move was drafting Pat and it's not close.  Without him, our ceiling is probably affcg or superbowl loss to a better qb, even with Andy.  You can bet after 10 years half the fanbase would be after Andy's head and calling veach a yes man.

2 hours ago, xen said:

Best move was drafting Pat and it's not close.  Without him, our ceiling is probably affcg or superbowl loss to a better qb, even with Andy.  You can bet after 10 years half the fanbase would be after Andy's head and calling veach a yes man.

Agree, but it took the Dorsey and Veach combo to draft Pat.  Before that, the Chiefs were relegated to starting QBs cast off by other teams.