CJ Layin' Down some Smack

2 hours ago, Boone said:

I'd be surprised if he goes more than the two years remaining on his current contract.

It's unlikely that Kelce has any firm plan at this point.  He doesn't seem to the the type that locks himself into long term planning.  Ask him again after the 2025 season and see how he feels. 

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

It's unlikely that Kelce has any firm plan at this point.  He doesn't seem to the the type that locks himself into long term planning.  Ask him again after the 2025 season and see how he feels. 

If Hollywood, XW, and Rice hit just half of their potential, Kelce will have himself a season.

That kind of year tends to make a guy want more. 

That's what I keep telling myself anyways. 

On 6/13/2024 at 10:22 AM, xen said:

Generational talent. 

And yet some fans didn't want to re-sign him.

I have 2 responses for that attitude.

Screenshot_20240613_102104_Chrome.jpg

Guilty, your Honor.  During the thread about  whether we should let Sneed or Jones go to rebuild things, I favored letting Jones go.  It was a horrible choice to make.  I was thinking about how we never could have won the last SB without Sneed shutting down completely the best receiver on every team we faced.  It will become obvious how much we miss Sneed.  But it would likely be even worse to even imagine a defense without Jones.  I'm happy about the decision. Jones is the heart and soul of the defense. Also, I had forgotten how young Jones still is. Five more years is totally realistic.

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

I think he has 2 more elite years followed by a year or two of very good play.  Need to get him some help at DT to stretch that career out though.   

The Chiefs seem set at DB and LB so we can expect to see a focus on D-line in next year's draft and/or FA.