Training camp thread

2 hours ago, xen said:

Padded practices start tomorrow

Then things gonna get REALLY spicy. This is a super competitive team... young defense, veteran offense... man o man.

On another note, this offseason went by pretty damned fast... we're just a few weeks away from preseason games... 

Playing into February and winning SBs has its advantages.

1 hour ago, mex said:

Then things gonna get REALLY spicy. This is a super competitive team... young defense, veteran offense... man o man.

On another note, this offseason went by pretty damned fast... we're just a few weeks away from preseason games... 

Playing into February and winning SBs has its advantages.

IIRC 1rst preseason is Aug 10

16 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

IIRC 1rst preseason is Aug 10

Remember when we used to try and gauge if the team would be any good based on preseason. Or that time we were convinced Pat would be a turnover machine after his first camp.

Now we're all like "meh it'll be fine" 😄

17 minutes ago, xen said:

Remember when we used to try and gauge if the team would be any good based on preseason. Or that time we were convinced Pat would be a turnover machine after his first camp.

Now we're all like "meh it'll be fine" 😄

in the world of 4 preseason games I used #4 as my prediction gauge but yea anymore it's just watching football for the sake of watching football

Probably just me but the last few years have been very educational.

Having a real Franchise QB and a Tier 1 HOF Coach is everything.

Preseason is actually all about staying healthy and seeing what the new guys can do.

Winning is interesting at best.....

Also, thankfully we are seeing WINNING Super Bowls vs Losing Super Bowls.

All the NFL Network Rewinds are so Glorious....But they are a living hell for Niner and Eagle fans.

Reports summary:  Defense dominated first day of pads.  Timing and adjustments off with receivers.  I expect they'll get that dialed in.  Secondary and defensive line looked great.  FAU was dialed in amd looking stronger.  CJ was just destroying plays (duh).

7 hours ago, xen said:

Reports summary:  Defense dominated first day of pads.  Timing and adjustments off with receivers.  I expect they'll get that dialed in.  Secondary and defensive line looked great.  FAU was dialed in amd looking stronger.  CJ was just destroying plays (duh).

with the taste of success the D has had it's hard for me to envision them taking too many steps back

7 hours ago, xen said:

If FAU can start realizing his potential this season... look out. More frequent pressure on the QB means less pressure on the secondary and LBs... which will help alleviate the pain of losing WG and LS.

3 hours ago, mex said:

If FAU can start realizing his potential this season... look out. More frequent pressure on the QB means less pressure on the secondary and LBs... which will help alleviate the pain of losing WG and LS.

No doubt about that! I really hope Nazi stays healthy as well. He is a stud and can replace Snead. 
a top offense practicing against a top defense is what this is all about. 
With the schedule we have in the first quarter of the year in particulate the first two weeks we gotta be on our game. 
ravens now have arther smith as O coordinator and bengals have a new O coordinator and not sure what he that means. 

Has anyone heard anything about how Irv Smith is doing ? 
seen a few Wiley notes that are positive. 
I am very interested in the TEs. I think teams are going to play a deep 2 so the underneath and light boxes for run game are goi by to be vital. 
Also at RB looks like prince taking RB 2 snaps. Little worried at the RB postion 

Nothing much about Irv from what I have seen or heard in the pressers.

The same could be said for Noah Gray so far. 

Wiley seems to be doing well but all of this was before the pads were put on.

w

1 hour ago, West said:

Nothing much about Irv from what I have seen or heard in the pressers.

The same could be said for Noah Gray so far. 

Wiley seems to be doing well but all of this was before the pads were put on.

w

Thanks West! 

2 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

No doubt about that! I really hope Nazi stays healthy as well. He is a stud and can replace Snead. 
a top offense practicing against a top defense is what this is all about. 
With the schedule we have in the first quarter of the year in particulate the first two weeks we gotta be on our game. 
ravens now have arther smith as O coordinator and bengals have a new O coordinator and not sure what he that means. 

This typo had me laughing.