Training camp thread

3 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

Also at RB looks like prince taking RB 2 snaps. Little worried at the RB postion 

I'd be really surprised if it were anything other than Pacheco and Helaire at 1 and 2.

2 hours ago, mex said:

I'd be really surprised if it were anything other than Pacheco and Helaire at 1 and 2.

Seems that I heard somewhere that CEH was being limited for some reason so there's a reason that Prince is #2 at the moment.  It's not expected to last. 

12 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Seems that I heard somewhere that CEH was being limited for some reason so there's a reason that Prince is #2 at the moment.  It's not expected to last. 

Do you know if McKinnon signed anywhere? Last I heard he was looking at the Raiders.

5 hours ago, mex said:

Do you know if McKinnon signed anywhere? Last I heard he was looking at the Raiders.

Don't think he is signed.  He seemed a little slower last year and I'm not sure the Chiefs really want him until all other options have run out. 

9 hours ago, jetlord said:

Don't think he is signed.  He seemed a little slower last year and I'm not sure the Chiefs really want him until all other options have run out. 

a little? To me it seemed like his wheels fell off, signing him would be a desperation move IMO

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

a little? To me it seemed like his wheels fell off, signing him would be a desperation move IMO

The kid can still block like a mofo... knows the playbook... Patrick likes him... and he can take that dump-off pass on a blitz across the LTG. If they're hurting for bodies I'd take him for another year... even if it's in a limited role.

Suamataia has been with the starters the past 3 days in pads.  Wanya at 2nd team LT all 3 days after they flipped flopped before pads.

Demeric Prince has been taking 2nd reps after Pop, and even though Clyde was sick today that's been pretty consistent since camp started.  

3 hours ago, xen said:

Suamataia has been with the starters the past 3 days in pads.  Wanya at 2nd team LT all 3 days after they flipped flopped before pads.

Demeric Prince has been taking 2nd reps after Pop, and even though Clyde was sick today that's been pretty consistent since camp started.  

Seems we keep hearing about how Suamataia is getting beat in team drills as well as 1 on 1s but he's still running with the first team.  Gotta trust the staff that they think his potential is there and experience will get him ready.  Then again, it could be that Wanya isn't lighting it up either.  When Thuney comes back, the LT may start looking better. 

2 hours ago, West said:

Thanks Xen....CEH had some sort of illness (not sure what)

Camp seems to be going well for Kingsley.....

w

Keep hearing that but not buying that's why Prince is getting more reps.  Prince has been getting more reps over CEH since spring and has been the 2nd back in since camp started.   Makes sense to see what he has.  They already know what CEH is.

Reminder that Prince is very close to Pop in athletic score.  Maybe a little more explosion, not quite as fast.  Almost identical size. 

If they can throw 2 guys with size and speed out there that certainly let's them not put so much load on Pop.  He just needs to show he's improved in pass pro.

5 minutes ago, xen said:

"But now it appears his days may with the Chiefs may be done before they even begin"

Timmy needs to proof read his crap  

1 hour ago, xen said:

Allen losing confidence in him but Mahomes made it work. Funny, just shows how bad our WR group was last year and still we won it all.

7 hours ago, DieHard said:

I do love that last camp Toney and Moore were fighting for a starting spot and now they a fighting for a roster spot.  Toney seems to be doing everything to win and Moore everything to lose it. 

Hard for Toney to win a spot when he's always hurt.  Opportunity for Rimigio and Hardman.  

9 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Allen losing confidence in him but Mahomes made it work. Funny, just shows how bad our WR group was last year and still we won it all.

Proves Patrick is a hell of a lot better QB than Allen, because Patrick won 2 SBs with MVS as his #2 WR.