Training camp thread

Has everyone noticed that Herbert is already injured?  Hurt his planter fascia and should be in a walking boot for up to four weeks.  The Chargers hope to get him back for the start of the season.  Wonder if the talking heads will still pick them to win the division or will they have to switch to the Donks and their shiny new QB who is the next Mahomes?  

8 hours ago, jetlord said:

Has everyone noticed that Herbert is already injured?  Hurt his planter fascia and should be in a walking boot for up to four weeks.  The Chargers hope to get him back for the start of the season.  Wonder if the talking heads will still pick them to win the division or will they have to switch to the Donks and their shiny new QB who is the next Mahomes?  

I want them to be the September AFCW champs. Please. Make it happen.

9 hours ago, jetlord said:

I heard that the other day. I've had that shit over the years and it's no laughing matter but nothing an insole and some foot compression socks wont keep at bay after it heals 

8 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I heard that the other day. I've had that shit over the years and it's no laughing matter but nothing an insole and some foot compression socks wont keep at bay after it heals 

My understanding is that he injured his plantar fascia, not that he suffers from plantar fasciitis.  

58 minutes ago, xen said:

I was expecting Trey to walk...Guards are bringing in top $ these days.  But if we can keep Trey AND Creed?  I hope this development doesn't mean Bolton is gone after the season...

57 minutes ago, Boone said:

I was expecting Trey to walk...Guards are bringing in top $ these days.  But if we can keep Trey AND Creed?  I hope this development doesn't mean Bolton is gone after the season...

Plenty of moves can be made to still sign Bolton too.

As of May 30, 2024, the Kansas City Chiefs were projected to have $16,492,968 in cap space for the 2025 NFL season, the least in the AFC West. However, in March 2024, Yahoo Sports reported that the Chiefs restructured Patrick Mahomes' contract in September 2023, which could create an estimated $66.2 million in cap space for 2025. This would give the Chiefs more money to work with in free agency as they try to build another Super Bowl team. 

Curious who this board would prefer if it came down to signing one of the following two?   Trey Smith or Nick Bolton.  Both very good but probably not elite players, respectively.   Do either have a higher ceiling than what they have shown?   I think most of us assumed Creed would get done because of the lower cost of retaining centers and Trey would walk, but this info from Nate seems to show the Chiefs want to get both done this year.   Gotta think Smith wants top dollar considering he fell to the 6th in the draft and hasn't made nearly what his play is worth so far.  To be honest its an interesting debate as neither are premium positions and both will want north of 15 million with Smith likely to get north of 20 million.  Continuity is important but is that price point worth it?  What say you?

2 hours ago, SEMO said:

+1.  Trey would make bank on the open market.  If he wants to give KC a discount for taking a chance on him, then I’m all for it.

Gotta think he has to max this deal out though as he has been drastically underpaid under his rookie deal as a 6th rounder.   Doubt he takes a discount but we can always hope!

11 hours ago, Boone said:

It might mean that Thuney is gone after this year and they get an OG on a rookie deal.  Actually, it might make sense to move Wayna there or maybe the IOL they drafted this year.   If they did that, they might be able to sign Creed, Smith, and Bolton for 2025 without wrecking the team.   Maybe they also assume the cap will go up a lot again next year.  

7 hours ago, jetlord said:

It might mean that Thuney is gone after this year and they get an OG on a rookie deal.  Actually, it might make sense to move Wayna there or maybe the IOL they drafted this year.   If they did that, they might be able to sign Creed, Smith, and Bolton for 2025 without wrecking the team.   Maybe they also assume the cap will go up a lot again next year.  

could be cap hit pre June 1 cut is $10M next year