Training camp thread

41 minutes ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

He looked like a guy that doesn't know how to play football.  He is a project, and I don't see him making the 53 at all.  MAYBE the practice squad!

Yeah, they didn't fly him all the way over here to send him right back. Practice squad for a year or two, then we'll see. It was good that he got to actually play and get hit in a game. 

5 hours ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

He looked like a guy that doesn't know how to play football.  He is a project, and I don't see him making the 53 at all.  MAYBE the practice squad!

Yeah I think the hype was a little overdone.  We know he is really athletic but can’t imagine being thrown into the NFL with no football or very little experience when most of these guys have been playing since middle school.  My guess he gets stashed on the PS with hopes he can make a run at the 53 next year.  

19 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Yeah I think the hype was a little overdone.  We know he is really athletic but can’t imagine being thrown into the NFL with no football or very little experience when most of these guys have been playing since middle school.  My guess he gets stashed on the PS with hopes he can make a run at the 53 next year.  

If he's cut, then other teams have the chance to claim him before we can put him on the PS.  With KC's pursuit of him and the amount of $$ they gave him, I think they'll stash him on the 53.  It's been done before, but usually for OLine.

2 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

CEH seems to be sick a lot. Or did he have a poor day and is now "sick" hoping the coaches will accept that as an excuse.

who knows. either way he is either sick or has some nagging problem like frank clark had

Not sure what, if anything, CEH brings to the offense.  He was supposed to be another receiving option but is seldom used that way.  His running plays seem to be good for somewhere between 0 and 2 yards on most occasions.  Is his place on the roster even certain? 

3 hours ago, jetlord said:

Not sure what, if anything, CEH brings to the offense.  He was supposed to be another receiving option but is seldom used that way.  His running plays seem to be good for somewhere between 0 and 2 yards on most occasions.  Is his place on the roster even certain? 

The Only thing CEH has going for him is that he knows the Playbook. TIme will tell who gets released when cutdowns happen, but if i am Clyde i am not feeling 100% secure in my roster spot.

3 hours ago, KC Warpaint said:

The Only thing CEH has going for him is that he knows the Playbook. TIme will tell who gets released when cutdowns happen, but if i am Clyde i am not feeling 100% secure in my roster spot.

Would they roll with Pacheco, Prince, Steele, LRZ?

52 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'GEHA SPORTSRADIO RADIO SPORTS 810 WHB Pete Sweeney @pgsween Chiefs offensive coordinator Matt Nagy named Justin Watson as the receiver to step in at practice with Hollywood Brown out of the mix. He wants to see less mental mistakes in Preseason Game 2. Sounds like some miscues maybe unseen by naked eye.'

This isn't surprising TBH... but danged if Watson hasn't been a bit of an enigma. The guy absolutely flashes at times. But he just can't seem to string together enough good games getting him to that elite level. He's serviceable... that's about it.

This maybe out in left field and get some pushback but I’ll throw it out there. 
I don’t know how strong we are at RB. One injury to Pacheco and we maybe in some trouble. 
I get Steele is coming along and prince and I sure do not have faith in CEH. 
wonder if chiefs would bury the hatchet and grab Kareem hunt. 

32 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

This maybe out in left field and get some pushback but I’ll throw it out there. 
I don’t know how strong we are at RB. One injury to Pacheco and we maybe in some trouble. 
I get Steele is coming along and prince and I sure do not have faith in CEH. 
wonder if chiefs would bury the hatchet and grab Kareem hunt. 

I think the Hunt door is closed and locked.  Getting another more speedy RB is a real possibility but it probably won't be until after the cut down date.  CEH and his physical/mental problems are a real mystery.  Guess the Chiefs like him, but I don't see how he improves the team when he's in there.  Prince has shown nothing so far and seems to have the #2 or #3 job by default.  McKinnon is probably history so unless Steele makes a case as a top three RB, I'd expect the Chiefs to add someone before the season opens. 

I think we look at those cut players.  One of Perine or Williams will get cut from the Broncos. Panthers Miles Sanders who went to hell last year after signing a good FA deal. Surprise cut may be Alvin Kamara with his holdout.

I am sure there are other RBs that are year 2 guys who we had an eye in and will be cut too. RB is a need if we don't find one behind Pacheco better than CEH,  but I am sure we will get one after cuts then if so.