Chiefs Getting ready for a Three-Peat, Raiders playing with dolls

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Seems like harmless fun to me.  I'll bet the Chiefs' fans care a lot more about this than the Chiefs' players. 

But i bet Patrick is keeping receipts for them and the bungholes.

453086394_888480063324960_18871874797636

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Seems like harmless fun to me.  I'll bet the Chiefs' fans care a lot more about this than the Chiefs' players. 

I agree it's harmless fun... but that's what everyone said about cincy players calling it Burrowhead.

On 7/26/2024 at 11:02 AM, jetlord said:

I agree but for one thing ...someone, imitating Pat I assume, said "I'm a bitch". That transitions from harmless fun to disrespect. Jim Rome did a whole section on it. 

During comments to the media on Monday, Chiefs head coach Andy Reid addressed a question about the presence of former Las Vegas Raiders skipper Jon Gruden at Kansas City's practice sessions over the past few days.

"He loves football," Reid explained of Gruden. "He and I go way back 30 years, so we've known each other for a long time. So it's good to get him up here. He's always had good input on things. He's very smart. He's a great football coach."

Reid and Gruden worked together as coordinators for the Green Bay Packers in the 1990s, well before they became head coaches in the NFL.

Gruden found plenty of success in his career, winning a Super Bowl title as head coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and making his mark in two stints with the Raiders.

" enjoy having him around," Reid said of his old teammate. "[He brings] great energy."

4 hours ago, oldtimer said:

During comments to the media on Monday, Chiefs head coach Andy Reid addressed a question about the presence of former Las Vegas Raiders skipper Jon Gruden at Kansas City's practice sessions over the past few days.

"He loves football," Reid explained of Gruden. "He and I go way back 30 years, so we've known each other for a long time. So it's good to get him up here. He's always had good input on things. He's very smart. He's a great football coach."

Reid and Gruden worked together as coordinators for the Green Bay Packers in the 1990s, well before they became head coaches in the NFL.

Gruden found plenty of success in his career, winning a Super Bowl title as head coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and making his mark in two stints with the Raiders.

" enjoy having him around," Reid said of his old teammate. "[He brings] great energy."

Translation:  It's always good to get new input from successful contemporaries.  Gruden may see things that the current staff is too close to notice plus have a few new ideas.  

I understand Gruden being there. I remember years ago Tom Coughlin was at Chiefs camp when DV was the coach. It’s just a coach thing, plus they’re long time friends. As for the Raiders. I don’t care at this point, I’m spoiled by the Chiefs success. It should be fun when the season starts.