I'm going to break it to you guys

and its not because of the X's & O's. Its history. This weekend is opening day of Missouri's Rifle Deer Season. I know that dont mean diddly to 99% of you but it does to me. I can remember umpteen years ago sitting in a Dodge pickup truck looking over a 10 acre field drinking beer listening to a Chiefs vs Bears game.. Yea I'm a Redneck ...anyway the Chiefs lost a game at the time they shoulda pretty easily won. Maybe even cost us HFA. It seems ever since then unless there was a Bye the Chiefs lost.

I'm sure if someone took the time to research this  the odds are greatly in my favor that the games on the 3rd or 4rth week of November are loses.

Anyway thats my call

Not going to investigate it and don't buy into malarkey like that.  I'm not saying they won't lose this weekend (I sure hope they don't) - though if they do it will be because they were bested by a better team - at least on this given Sunday - and not because of anything that has happened in the past.

That said.... good luck if you're hunting his weekend.   Maybe hold off on the beer until AFTER you've handled a loaded gun.

well...here I GO...

Hunting this Friday deep into the hills of clay co..

work sat..

back at it early sunday morning...if nothings moving I'll come back home watch the chiefs game..and maybe head out again for the last part of the evening..my favorite place is only 7 miles away...hehehe..

and COLD BEER???????????/

YA GOTTA ASK??..LOL.

good luck OT and be safe.

Guest okiechief

Was bored and did some research.

93 is the year I think might be the year OT is talking about. Lost to the Bears at Arrowhead that year on the 3rd week of November. I couldn't find a year we played them on the 4th week. That year we finished 11and 5 and Chicago was 7 and 9 so I would guess we were favored to win that game.

From 1994 thru 2013 we are 10 and 10 on that 3rd week. From 93 to 2013 we have an overall record of 171 and 168. Since 93 we ar

4 and 2 on that date in playoff years.

We have been a .500 club in that time frame and the 3rd week woulda even indicate that. No real surprise that in playoff years we did well on that date.

3rd week last year we lost to Denver for the first loss of the year.

Good luck OT

and its not because of the X's & O's. Its history.

I'm sure if someone took the time to research this  the odds are greatly in my favor that the games on the 3rd or 4rth week of November are loses.

This sort of stat is of the kind where people try to find correlation despite the absence of causation. Why did the Chiefs lose that game? I don't know, and I'm not sure that if I took the time to find out why, it would be pertinent to the team that will be playing this weekend. I'm sure that it doesn't have anything to do with stars or The Force or anything of the sort. For this reason, I hope the Chiefs' players spend less time studying the history of their grand franchise, and more time studying their X's and O's. 

Was bored and did some research.

93 is the year I think might be the year OT is talking about. Lost to the Bears at Arrowhead that year on the 3rd week of November. I couldn't find a year we played them on the 4th week. That year we finished 11and 5 and Chicago was 7 and 9 so I would guess we were favored to win that game.

From 1994 thru 2013 we are 10 and 10 on that 3rd week. From 93 to 2013 we have an overall record of 171 and 168. Since 93 we ar

4 and 2 on that date in playoff years.

We have been a .500 club in that time frame and the 3rd week woulda even indicate that. No real surprise that in playoff years we did well on that date.

3rd week last year we lost to Denver for the first loss of the year.

Good luck OT

Thanx Okie. Yep I'd say 93 sounds about right. I feel better about our chances now. I appreciate your hard work you have wiped away a long held superstition of mine.

oh and Chopper dont worry. I pretty much gave up on Gun hunting I just let the POOT do that now. Since I can't shoot my Bow worth a hoot after even 2 beers. I abstain until after I'm out of the tree.

and thanks you guys for the good luck wishes. We got one Doe in the freezer  we need 2 more

Thanx Okie. Yep I'd say 93 sounds about right. I feel better about our chances now. I appreciate your hard work you have wiped away a long held superstition of mine.

oh and Chopper dont worry. I pretty much gave up on Gun hunting I just let the POOT do that now. Since I can't shoot my Bow worth a hoot after even 2 beers. I abstain until after I'm out of the tree.

and thanks you guys for the good luck wishes. We got one Doe in the freezer  we need 2 more

I'm heading out this Saturday for the first time this year.  Going to be COLD...but lots of movement where my stand is so I'm feeling pretty confident.  Kind of like how I feel about the Chiefs-Seahawks game on Sunday.

I think they do.  :-)

But the friday before should be a national holiday!!

Yep Yep. I guess we do get it when its Veterans day  but thats only once in every several years. It should be a Missouri Holiday regardless. 90% of my fellows workers wont be working anyway all week. Boss told the non hunters they are on call if we get snow... sucks to be them

Guest Tomahawk hop

got a 4 pointer late yesterday evening.

Got a nice doe 30-minutes into the stand. Dropped her where she stood and was drinking beer an hour later. Oh, and the Chiefs won and the Broncos lost. Pretty sweet weekend!

POOT hunted & froze her ass off. Passed on a few Bucks but she was not 100% for sure they had 4 points on one side. ( Antler Restrictions here in Mo). It supposed to warm up  but rain next weekend. We got that covered.

Congrats to all who scored a deer &

GO CHIEFS!!!!

Keep breaking it to us, oldtimer. ;)

LOL yea right eh? Funny tho the guys at Deer camp all had the same superstition. Hey if I could come up with something as long held as this one & be proven wrong I'm dancing in the the gravel road.

I will say this tho. & I think Wilkes will back me up on this. Regardless of records the Raidirt games most often turn into nail biters... I expect nothing less this time around.

Archived