WTF NFL

BroncoStud

I'm with the Stud.  It's not a huge part of the game, but it's part of the game.  The kicking game used to be exciting.  We looked forward to Dante Hall and Tamarick Vanover for example.  Now it's basically a certain touchback or a holding penalty.   

2 hours ago, reesebobby said:

here

Dg

Ft?tf hh

Kickoffs have been a certain touch back the last few years.  The new kickoff rules should be pretty interesting and hopefully at least bring back some excitement to kickoffs.

I'm guessing y'all bitching haven't even read the new rules.

I mean they kinda had to do something with kickoffs.  Guys were becoming human missiles with the old rules and a big chunk of the bad injuries and concussions were on the old kickoffs rules.  They acknowledged that they overreacted with the rules the last few years so at least they're trying something different.

1 hour ago, SEMO said:

Toub said the goal for kickers will be to bounce the kick through the endzone.  Then the ball comes out to the 20.

Interesting.  Might be easier said than done.  I thought it really interesting he seems to want to go with a position player as kicker to have an extra tackler suggesting that won't happen much.

7 minutes ago, xen said:

Interesting.  Might be easier said than done.  I thought it really interesting he seems to want to go with a position player as kicker to have an extra tackler suggesting that won't happen much.

Yeah, it will difficult to do consistently.  Especially, if Reid kicks off.

5 hours ago, xen said:

Kickoffs have been a certain touch back the last few years.  The new kickoff rules should be pretty interesting and hopefully at least bring back some excitement to kickoffs.

I'm guessing y'all bitching haven't even read the new rules.

I mean they kinda had to do something with kickoffs.  Guys were becoming human missiles with the old rules and a big chunk of the bad injuries and concussions were on the old kickoffs rules.  They acknowledged that they overreacted with the rules the last few years so at least they're trying something different.

I'm not bitching about the new rules. I'm bitching about the changes already in place and saying that onside kicks were an exciting part of the game and always made you feel like there was still a chance even if very slim 

40 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I'm not bitching about the new rules. I'm bitching about the changes already in place and saying that onside kicks were an exciting part of the game and always made you feel like there was still a chance even if very slim 

You can still do em.  Just can't do surprise onside kicks.  Most onside kicks were not a surprise anyway.

14 hours ago, xen said:

You can still do em.  Just can't do surprise onside kicks.  Most onside kicks were not a surprise anyway.

The new rules for lining up and when the kicking team can leave have effectively ended them.