DB woes? thoughts?

JMO a bit of an over reaction for 1 preseason game but?

https://news.feji.io/blog/chiefs-pushed-to-trade-for-new-starter-after-frustrating-performance-2-kieu-linh

Chiefs Pushed to Trade for New Starter After ‘Frustrating’ Performance. The Kansas City Chiefs chose to trust their recent draft picks at cornerback when they traded veteran star L’Jarius Sneed this offseason. But as of August 13, the results have not been there.

“The number two corner spot — like, who wants it? Cause right now, nobody is showcasing that they want it out there,” Jacobs began while discussing “things that were terrible” from the preseason opener.“It’s getting to a point now where [the] Chiefs may have to start thinking about if they want to add a veteran,” the long-time KC media member continued. Adding that Kansas City might even have to “go trade for somebody” at this point in the offseason.“They’re at that point now,” Jacobs stated candidly about a unit that he deemed “frustrating to watch.” Finally, he suggested that the Chiefs will either have to make a move at cornerback or “ride it out” with this group until the trade deadline.Chiefs CBs Joshua Williams & Nic Jones Said to Have ‘Failed Their Assignments’ While Backups Criticized for ‘Rough’ Outings.................................. longer article

Too early to panic.  Williams and Watson have two years experience and haven't cost the Chiefs that many games.  Nazeeh could be competition for them.  The sixth round draft pick did look lost last week but it was his first real NFL game experience.  Maybe none of them will be great, but it's not like there's no one to play alongside McDuffy.  

59 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

I rather see a DT step up besides CJ. More pressure from that position will help the back end and even help CJ himself of we can get a solid option there.

Wish Lovett could refine his technique to become a solid DT.  He has the physicals, but really looks raw.  Can he be coached up, at least on the practice squad? 

Meh, I think it is way to soon to panic regarding the DB room.

This "local writer" may just want some national attention.

Most fans in the know are far more worried about our Rookie LT, our WR room and RB Depth.

w

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Wish Lovett could refine his technique to become a solid DT.  He has the physicals, but really looks raw.  Can he be coached up, at least on the practice squad? 

He is my guy I picked to surprise us. I hope he can step up and learn from one of the best next to him.

22 hours ago, oldtimer said:

JMO a bit of an over reaction for 1 preseason game but?

https://news.feji.io/blog/chiefs-pushed-to-trade-for-new-starter-after-frustrating-performance-2-kieu-linh

Chiefs Pushed to Trade for New Starter After ‘Frustrating’ Performance. The Kansas City Chiefs chose to trust their recent draft picks at cornerback when they traded veteran star L’Jarius Sneed this offseason. But as of August 13, the results have not been there.

“The number two corner spot — like, who wants it? Cause right now, nobody is showcasing that they want it out there,” Jacobs began while discussing “things that were terrible” from the preseason opener.“It’s getting to a point now where [the] Chiefs may have to start thinking about if they want to add a veteran,” the long-time KC media member continued. Adding that Kansas City might even have to “go trade for somebody” at this point in the offseason.“They’re at that point now,” Jacobs stated candidly about a unit that he deemed “frustrating to watch.” Finally, he suggested that the Chiefs will either have to make a move at cornerback or “ride it out” with this group until the trade deadline.Chiefs CBs Joshua Williams & Nic Jones Said to Have ‘Failed Their Assignments’ While Backups Criticized for ‘Rough’ Outings.................................. longer article

Good grief, panic much?  Apparently this guy believes that Snead and McDuffie are the only coachable DBs, ever.  "Local reporter" needs to take a chill pill and be patient with the upcoming development for the young guys.  It's vanilla pre-season, anyway.

The D backs will look different when Reid returns and Nazeeh gets more playing time.  Most of those wide open plays over the middle came with second and third stringers playing for roster spots or for free agency looks.  And I really like what Hicks has shown.  The guy just has a nose for the ball and isn't afraid to stick his nose in for the tackle.  

6 minutes ago, jetlord said:

The D backs will look different when Reid returns and Nazeeh gets more playing time.  Most of those wide open plays over the middle came with second and third stringers playing for roster spots or for free agency looks.  And I really like what Hicks has shown.  The guy just has a nose for the ball and isn't afraid to stick his nose in for the tackle.  

Yes. Agree. Hicks and Haden will make the roster. 
nazi should also. 
We are in pretty good shape at saftey, slot and corner backs. 
our pass rush is what will make or break the back end. That’s no different than any other team. 

23 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

Yes. Agree. Hicks and Haden will make the roster. 
nazi should also. 
We are in pretty good shape at saftey, slot and corner backs. 
our pass rush is what will make or break the back end. That’s no different than any other team. 

Not sure about Hadden.  I have him slotted for the PS although the Chiefs like to put their rookie draft picks on the roster.  Hadden hasn't shown all that much yet but he has one more game to make his case for a spot on the 53.