1 hour ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

yeah i think playing baltimore week 1 is the worst possible time to face them. lamar and henry will be fresh, 

They don't tackle in practice, and they haven't been playing their 1's a lot in preseason.

Personally I think it's the best time to play them.

16 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Steele is gonna play. Not just make it, he’s gonna play. 
Chiefs need to cut bait on FAU. Zero juice. 
Need to pick up a DE AND DE 

Cb 

I think they tried feature Toney a bit in the first half... maybe convince someone to give a 7th for him. Too bad he didn't catch that scramble ball that got tipped away, would've helped the case. 

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

Back up Secondary looks like dog shit. 24 with some penalties and getting cooked by back  ups. Watson allowed 2 easy ones. 

dicing them up 

Hicks has been great. Not sure why Watson keeps getting turned around. I thought Joseph was making noise in camp, but he hasn't looked very good at all. 

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Watson has hardly practiced since last season.  Give him some time to get up to game speed and knock off the rust.  

I’m sure he’ll be fine but he got used tonight he 3rd and 4th string guys.

11 hours ago, oldtimer said:

all over reactions 

This.

Spags could be trying out new defenses/positioning to try them out in various situations. You never know about preseason because everyone is trying on their new shit. 

5 minutes ago, Nadlers Quivering Balls said:

It’s just practice. The Chiefs always look like crap in the preseason.

The only thing I saw of any value, good or bad, is Steele. It’ll be nice to have a FB again. 

Well I like the fact we tackle, practice hard and play our starters while other teams sit their players. We just need to come out of the gate ready to go and make it work.

5 minutes ago, West said:

I like the fact we only have Hollywood injured and he should be back soon.

The Chiefs go through a tough camp for a reason...

plenty of ailments on the defensive side probably playable ailments but no way to start the season 

3 hours ago, Nadlers Quivering Balls said:

The only thing I saw of any value, good or bad, is Steele. It’ll be nice to have a FB again. 

Hicks looked like real value to me.  Steele isn't a FB.  He's a RB in the mold of Kareem Hunt only about 10% slower.  

2 hours ago, Nadlers Quivering Balls said:

My bad. I thought he was a FB in college. 

If he can pass pro like we think he can... he could easily be FB in Andy's scheme.

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

Jeff Okudah could be free soon. Thoughts 

He had a great college career but injuries hurt him in his 2nd year as a pro. He had a decent year in '22 at DET but hasn't been as good as I thought he'd be. He would be one of those 'Andy Projects' I think... but he'd probably be cheap. If Watson isn't coming around, might be worth a look.