What your prediction after 17 games?

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

without LJ Sneed and Willie to a lesser amount and think it follie to expect another year like last. Hopefully top 10. IMO it's going to be a rough start for the D as they have been riddled with injuries. Luckily non serious but Spags mentioned that the has not yet decided on who the other starting CB will be from the article it would appear the D will have to gell during regular season. I expect arough first few games defensively.

I think you're right and it will be mid season before the defense figures it out.  I also don't think it will matter as Andy now has an LT (assuming he continues to improve) and a legitimate field stretcher.

I think as soon as Hollywood gets back this offense is gonna cause problems for people.  Maybe sooner, depending on health in Week 1.

Worthy looks good to go and he's gonna scare the shit out of some DC's. Worthy is gonna drag multiple defenders deep as soon as he starts making some deep catches.   That's gonna leave a lot of room for Kelce and Rice, and eventually Hollywood on those intermediate routes.

Told y'all it was Worthy or bust in the draft and you're gonna see why now.  Before with Reek, Pat never wanted to take the underneath options.  Now he's spent 2 years learning to take what the defense gives him. 

It's gonna get vicious when the offense gets it figured out.

6 hours ago, oldtimer said:

without LJ Sneed and Willie to a lesser amount and think it follie to expect another year like last. Hopefully top 10. IMO it's going to be a rough start for the D as they have been riddled with injuries. Luckily non serious but Spags mentioned that the has not yet decided on who the other starting CB will be from the article it would appear the D will have to gell during regular season. I expect arough first few games defensively.

They'll still be good. Maybe not as good, but certainly capable of stopping drives, especially if they have the lead and Spags can go into Spags-mode.

Impossible to replace Sneed, but our coaches have done some damned fine work with our secondary over the years.  Watson is serviceable heck he might even be an above average CB now that he'll be playing more. 

Chenal and Tranquill might not be as gifted in coverage as Gay but they're damned good and know Spags' scheme. 

We need Omenihu back as soon as possible. With him, we have one of the best and one of the DEEPEST defensive lines in the NFL. 

The key will be our ability to score early and disrupt opposing teams' offensive gameplans. We should have the ability to do that with our WR and TE corps. 

8 minutes ago, mex said:

What's the latest ETA?

Well they said 4 to 6 weeks.  Surgery wasn't necessary.  Injury was what, 3 weeks before season begins?  So week 2 thru 4, somewhere in that timeframe to return?

I dunno, math is hard.

1 hour ago, xen said:

Well they said 4 to 6 weeks.  Surgery wasn't necessary.  Injury was what, 3 weeks before season begins?  So week 2 thru 4, somewhere in that timeframe to return?

I dunno, math is hard.

Yeah that's what they said when the injury happened... was hoping there was more recent news. Tyreek took 4 weeks. Would be nice to get him back for Cincy. If he heals as fast as Tyreek he could be ready. 

1 hour ago, mex said:

They'll still be good. Maybe not as good, but certainly capable of stopping drives, especially if they have the lead and Spags can go into Spags-mode.

Impossible to replace Sneed, but our coaches have done some damned fine work with our secondary over the years.  Watson is serviceable heck he might even be an above average CB now that he'll be playing more. 

Chenal and Tranquill might not be as gifted in coverage as Gay but they're damned good and know Spags' scheme. 

We need Omenihu back as soon as possible. With him, we have one of the best and one of the DEEPEST defensive lines in the NFL. 

The key will be our ability to score early and disrupt opposing teams' offensive gameplans. We should have the ability to do that with our WR and TE corps. 

If the Chiefs get healthy, especially Hollywood and Omenihu, they will have the best team on paper that they have ever had.  They won on Reids planning and Mahomes will power but now there's real top talented players and several positions, more than any other team.  Gay will be missed on some of his spectacular plays, but he got lost too many times.  Sneed won't be replaced, but the Chiefs have good talent opposite McDuffy and with Reid back, they are loaded at safety.  Much better WRs.  Only downside is if Kelce slows at his age but with Worthy taking the top off and Wiley working his way in, Kelce can be just as efficient even if he gets fewer snaps.  Life is good in the Kingdom. 

5 minutes ago, mex said:

Yeah that's what they said when the injury happened... was hoping there was more recent news. Tyreek took 4 weeks. Would be nice to get him back for Cincy. If he heals as fast as Tyreek he could be ready. 

Just get him back for the Chargers if not before.  The Chiefs started 6-1 last season with a much worse WR corp. 

2 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Just get him back for the Chargers if not before.  The Chiefs started 6-1 last season with a much worse WR corp. 

Should have been 7-0. I won't mention any names, but his initials are KADARIUS TONEY

1 minute ago, Nadlers Quivering Balls said:

It was right in his hands. Perfectly thrown. It was RIGHT FREAKING THERE. 

True, but the Chiefs won the SB and that makes that first loss digestible.  Better that it didn't happen in the playoffs.  Timing is everything. 

20 minutes ago, jetlord said:

I mean we had no WRs the first 7 games really as Rice was a rookie stull learning. Now we have a Worthy, still learning but much more impactful. Rice has looked great and Kelce who has had a good camp and is healthy to start the season. 3rd receiver then is still better than our WR1 last year as it looks now.

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

I mean we had no WRs the first 7 games really as Rice was a rookie stull learning. Now we have a Worthy, still learning but much more impactful. Rice has looked great and Kelce who has had a good camp and is healthy to start the season. 3rd receiver then is still better than our WR1 last year as it looks now.

train.gif

40 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

Let’s go 12-5. Chiefs lose to Ravens, Bengals, 49ers, Texans, and Broncos.

Losing to 4 playoff caliber teams won't inspire confidence from fans to the team.

10 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Losing to 4 playoff caliber teams won't inspire confidence from fans to the team.

I mean, if we're going to lose... might as well be to playoff caliber teams. Better to take the L in San Fran than in ATL. But yeah... we know how fans are.

I think after last year, the Chiefs in the Playoffs are a very different animal.

Mahomes, Kelce, Jones and Pacheco just flat out exert their will when the game is on the line.

My comment to all my Niners Buddies prior to the Super Bowl: 

The Niners have the better overall team, but KC has Pat Mahomes....I will take KC 9 out of ten times to find a way to WIN at crunch time.

2 hours ago, mex said:

I mean, if we're going to lose... might as well be to playoff caliber teams. Better to take the L in San Fran than in ATL. But yeah... we know how fans are.

We always seem to lose one game we shouldn't have even done. Like indy the one year.

2 hours ago, West said:

I think after last year, the Chiefs in the Playoffs are a very different animal.

Mahomes, Kelce, Jones and Pacheco just flat out exert their will when the game is on the line.

My comment to all my Niners Buddies prior to the Super Bowl: 

The Niners have the better overall team, but KC has Pat Mahomes....I will take KC 9 out of ten times to find a way to WIN at crunch time.

That's OK, oh ye of medium-high faith, I'll take Pat that 10th time to make up for your heresy.