Seahawks chiefs predictions

I want to start this early to get a feel for what everyone is feeling. I think it is going to be a replica of last week.

My keys-

1. Stop Russell Wilson from running all over the place. He's running wild this year.

2. Do something on special teams. Anything. The hawks have the best coverage in the nfl. If we were to score a TD this week that would give is a win IMO.

3. Get a big passing play for a TD.

4. Kelce has to get 6+ catches this week.

Those are my keys

19-16 KC

Just stay close until the fourth quarter.  The Chiefs have been strongest in the last part of the game.

If the Chiefs can exploit the SEA short pass defense, which they should, and they can limit the #1 ground game to 150 yd. or less, I think they will win.  Turnovers and special teams could swing the balance either way.

20-17 Chiefs

27-24 KC

I'm a little concerned about kickoff coverage. KC is giving up the worst starting field position on kickoffs in the NFL this year.

They have a jet burner back there on kick off returns. And we aren't getting much. That's why it's a big key for me.

Just stay close until the fourth quarter.  The Chiefs have been strongest in the last part of the game.

If the Chiefs can exploit the SEA short pass defense, which they should, and they can limit the #1 ground game to 150 yd. or less, I think they will win.  Turnovers and special teams could swing the balance either way.

20-17 Chiefs

Wow jet...you beat me to the punch. Seahawks are one of the worst defenses against the short passing game. Guess what? The Chiefs whole passing game IS the short passing game. Kelce needs to be targeted a lot and a lot of swing passes out of the backfield. They are banged up on the defensive side. Limit the run game (we won't stop it) and sustain drives on offense. Don't settle for field goals. 

I say Chiefs 23-Seahawks 17

Chiefs 27

SeaChicken (BitchPigeons) 20

Mebane & Wagoner out, too much ground game and short passes for them to handle. Alex Smith will get the ball out less than 2 seconds each time. We'll stack up on Skittles and Wilson. They have nobody to stretch the field after losing Golden Tate & Harvin.

pretty sure that they will do the same to us

I would expect the same.  But the weakest link in the SEA defense is the short passing game and that's the bread and butter of the Chiefs offense, especially if Charles is being over-covered.  What I don't want to see is Charles up the middle to no gain twice, a swing pass to Charles with a defender in his face, followed by a punt.  Maybe the Chiefs should just skip the first half and go directly to the second.   ;)

"Stacking the box" is a cliché, not a viable option for the Seahawks to stop Jamaal and beat the Chiefs. I've heard this for years, and watched Charles blow it up EVERY time. Buffalo came the closest to actually pulling it off on Sunday, but that is the very aggressiveness that led to them getting burned for a 39yd JC TD. Seattle is much weaker vs. the short passing game than the Bills, so if they try it they *will* get shredded by Kelce and Fasano, like taking candy from a baby.

Stop with the "stacking the box against Charles" cliché already - it's not the "conservative" no-brainer it's made out to be, it's actually a *huge* gamble because Charles is the prototypical home-run hitter who can take it to the house once he squirts through to the second level. Even if you have the personnel to pull it off (like Buffalo did), it's still a *gamble* against this guy (a gamble the Bills lost). The Seahawks *don't* have the players to pull it off right now, not as soft as they are vs. TE's - I'd be happy to see them try it, though.

Chiefs are the only team that has not allowed a rushing TD! All without DJ.

I think two streaks end this week and hope for three. I think our streak of non-WRs TDs end and unfortunately, us not allowing a rushing TD. Oddly enough, SF when Alex was there, they didn't allow s rushing TD until week 13 or 14, I think, maybe even Week 15 (not 16).

The only streak I have any desire to end is Seattle's three game winning streak. Don't really care who scores for us, as long as we do. Prefer passing TDs to any Chief, but will take it however we can get it.

Archived