Creed signed to huge long term deal

I think Cris Clark said something close to this on RGR.  Creed id being paid like a Ton 10 Guard vs as a Center....and once the full contract shakes out, it will be a good play by KC.

9 minutes ago, West said:

I think Cris Clark said something close to this on RGR.  Creed id being paid like a Ton 10 Guard vs as a Center....and once the full contract shakes out, it will be a good play by KC.

Of note, Thuney is now 10th highest paid guard at 16 per.  If Trey will play ball contract wise I think they give him the Thuney contract and set it to kick in with 2026 when Thuney hits UDFA at age 34.  16 per and 10th highest paid guard sounds about right for Trey.

25 minutes ago, xen said:

So the deal is reported as 4/72 but this early that's gonna be all agent releases.  Once the numbers come out we'll see but I bet kc sees this deal more in the range of 5/77, factoring in the current year at 5 mil, which is about 15.4 per.

Can't wait to see the numbers.  I would bet the big jump in salary is pushed off to 2026 when the cap space really opens up for us.

In terms of managing cap space, I hope you're right.

In terms of being a Chiefs fan, I'm glad he's committed for another 4-5 years.

Win win for everyone.

Just now, mex said:

In terms of managing cap space, I hope you're right.

In terms of being a Chiefs fan, I'm glad he's committed for another 4-5 years.

Win win for everyone.

We have about 100m in cap space in 2026, prior to this Creed deal.  We've seen Veach work magic with a few hundred bucks in cap space...

3 hours ago, xen said:

We have about 100m in cap space in 2026, prior to this Creed deal.  We've seen Veach work magic with a few hundred bucks in cap space...

Is that because the cap is rising, or because commitments are dropping? 

13 minutes ago, mex said:

Contracts dropping off and the cap spaces projection is going up too. Hell in 2027 we are projected to have 194 million in cap space. Looking at 2016 there is 34 total contracts out of 53. We are going to have to resign quite a few. Taylor we can get out if to make more space though at RT.

2027.....10 signed so far on the active roster with Humhprey not being shown per the link so far. So Veach is signing the players now and getting ahead of the needing to sign later. This is good imo as he gets ahead of the other signings which could drive up the price for our own. Also allows him to make other teams pay later on.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap

3 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Contracts dropping off and the cap spaces projection is going up too. Hell in 2027 we are projected to have 194 million in cap space. Looking at 2016 there is 34 total contracts out of 53. We are going to have to resign quite a few. Taylor we can get out if to make more space though at RT.

2027.....10 signed so far on the active roster with Humhprey not being shown per the link so far. So Veach is signing the players now and getting ahead of the needing to sign later. This is good imo as he gets ahead of the other signings which could drive up the price for our own. Also allows him to make other teams pay later on.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap

Thanks for that. I don't follow the cap situation very close. How much of it is because the cap is going up? If it's significant, then it's really not an advantage because every team has the same advantage. All it really means is base rates for each position group will increase, as new contracts start rolling in. 

Now, I'm hoping most of it is just slick cap management by Veach & Co, and Patrick/Chris understanding that to stay in the game they gotta keep restructuring. If that's the case... then we're just getting onboard the Dynasty Train.

1 hour ago, mex said:

Thanks for that. I don't follow the cap situation very close. How much of it is because the cap is going up? If it's significant, then it's really not an advantage because every team has the same advantage. All it really means is base rates for each position group will increase, as new contracts start rolling in. 

Now, I'm hoping most of it is just slick cap management by Veach & Co, and Patrick/Chris understanding that to stay in the game they gotta keep restructuring. If that's the case... then we're just getting onboard the Dynasty Train.

It goes up the same for all, thing is has other teams already mortgaged against it? We still have to sign our own etc but we are bit in the hole as some teams are.

3 hours ago, mex said:

Yep, I seem to remember Veach signing three players, I think it was Mahomes,  Jones and Kelce, to extensions when he had something like 177 dollars in cap space.

5 hours ago, kkuenn said:

It goes up the same for all, thing is has other teams already mortgaged against it? We still have to sign our own etc but we are bit in the hole as some teams are.

Certainly. There will be a few who have mortgaged their future. But there will be many who have a lot of space. Impossible to have the best QB in the league, the best TE in the league, the best interior DLman in the league, the best center in the league, the best kicker in the league, and the 3rd best CB in the league... without being a bit in the hole.

Damn that fucking Veach is good. And so is Andy... especially at finding value in the draft.

1 hour ago, mex said:

Certainly. There will be a few who have mortgaged their future. But there will be many who have a lot of space. Impossible to have the best QB in the league, the best TE in the league, the best interior DLman in the league, the best center in the league, the best kicker in the league, and the 3rd best CB in the league... without being a bit in the hole.

Damn that fucking Veach is good. And so is Andy... especially at finding value in the draft.

Looks to be main thing going for them is not having to pay for a WR. 

The Tyreek trade changed the whole game, in favor of the Chiefs, because of Patrick Mahomes. 

2 hours ago, qnet said:

I just want to say, I'm very happy the Chiefs signed Humphrey. I know there were reasons they couldn't sign Morse or Hudson, but I always didn't like that they let them go. 

Morse had concussion issues  thankfully  they seemed to not of been an issue in Buffalo

Hudson's contract IIRC was pre Veach and blew the Center market all to hell which was typical for the team that signed him I  mean the Raiders had to trade him for a 7th pick in 2021 to relieve themselves of that contract at the time(2019) 3 year $33M for a center was lunacy