Payton Hendershot, TE

Hell of a blocker,  can miss the occasional pass but good hands and routes. Perfect guy to learn behind Kelce. What i read on him. Snall hands at 9inches s though.  Not bad for a conditional 7th rounder in 2026.

2 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Hell of a blocker,  can miss the occasional pass but good hands and routes. Perfect guy to learn behind Kelce. What i read on him. Snall hands at 9inches s though.  Not bad for a conditional 7th rounder in 2026.

Also played a lot of special teams. 

9 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Why did the Chiefs send a conditional pick to the Cowboys for Hendershot? Well, it all has to do with how the team looks to round out the bottom of their roster.

"Well, I think when you get to the final touches of a 53-man roster, I think you're looking for special teams," Chiefs GM Brett Veach told reporters on Thursday. "I think (Peyton) Hendershot's played tons special teams reps there. So, if you don't get it all the time from that running back position, you have to get it from somewhere else. And we have a good linebacking core, it would be good to do more at that tight end position (on special teams)."

Chiefs GM Brett Veach spilled the beans on some big plans for fourth-year tight end Noah Gray. The former Duke Blue Devil is due for an expanded role on offense heading into this year according to Veach. Acquiring a player like Hendershot allows the Chiefs to reduce his snaps on special teams and increase his workload on the offensive side of the ball. 

"It'd also be good to take Noah (Gray) off some of those things," Veach explained. "I think Noah continues to get better, and he's a guy that I think we want to feature a little bit more this year. So knowing that it's good to have the ability to take him off some of those, some of those special teams."