3 hours ago, KC Warpaint said:

We signed Samaje Perine to the Active Roster and Justyn Ross & Bailey Zappe to the PS.

Perine is a quintessential third-down back, meaning that he can be trusted to pass-protect or run routes as a pass-catcher in passing situations. While Clyde Edwards-Helaire provides familiarity with the offense, he's not the back KC wants to have routinely protecting Patrick Mahomes, and his ongoing battle with a recurring illness has make him questionable. 

Veach earning that check!  Needed a DE, picked up a guy with potential and good size.   Needed a blocking TE, traded for Hendershot.  Needed a 3rd down back, picked up one of the best in Perine.  Needed to solidify the back end of the we room, got Juju.  Dude is on a roll

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

Veach earning that check!  Needed a DE, picked up a guy with potential and good size.   Needed a blocking TE, traded for Hendershot.  Needed a 3rd down back, picked up one of the best in Perine.  Needed to solidify the back end of the we room, got Juju.  Dude is on a roll

Yep.  The Chiefs are going all in for the threepeat.  At the same time, they're keeping a lot of potential for the future like Driskell and Roland Wallace.  What happened to Lovett?

I have always thought Perine was one of the most underrated backs in the league. Supposedly he had fumbling problems last season, which scares me, but two years ago he was, in my opinion, definitively better than joe mixon when they both played for the bengals.

i really like this signing. If he is getting too old, or has fumbling problems, cut him and try someone else. Low risk high reward

41 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Yep.  The Chiefs are going all in for the threepeat.  At the same time, they're keeping a lot of potential for the future like Driskell and Roland Wallace.  What happened to Lovett?

He was cut. I really thought he would be a guy who could make it but didn't show much in pre season.

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

He was cut. I really thought he would be a guy who could make it but didn't show much in pre season.

Just saw he was listed on the PS.  Ryan Tracy claims the guy has raw ability but is very lacking in technique.  Maybe a year of Cullen will help that.