Travis Kelce or Tony G

Recency bias definitely helps Kelce, plus how it ended with Tony G.   Tony G was a straight up baller.   I'm picking Kelce though.     Can Kelce catch Tony?  Would need 3 more elite years 1,000 each and 32  total TD's to catch him.  Probably would take him 4 years.  I think we will get 2 and then maybe a 3rd at a reduced level of play if we are lucky.   Would love to see him keep playing though to get it.   

8 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Recency bias definitely helps Kelce, plus how it ended with Tony G.   Tony G was a straight up baller.   I'm picking Kelce though.     Can Kelce catch Tony?  Would need 3 more elite years 1,000 each and 32  total TD's to catch him.  Probably would take him 4 years.  I think we will get 2 and then maybe a 3rd at a reduced level of play if we are lucky.   Would love to see him keep playing though to get it.   

Kelce is probably on a pitch count to save him for the playoffs.  If the WRs do their job and Wiley/Grey get a few targets, Kelce may last out the next two years in pretty good shape.  Otherwise, he could go into a Swift decline.  

If the QB is Mahomes Kelce simply because the chemistry those 2 have.  Tony G still would have a stellar career with Mahomes but I don’t think the chemistry would get duplicated.  Not a knock on Tony just that kind of chemistry is very rarely duplicated. 

any other QB slight advantage to Tony G 

2 hours ago, West said:

Kelce.....He stayed and won many more big games.

Tony never got KC over the hump.

w

Man o man.  How can anyone blame the TE for not getting playoff wins with the marginal QBs he had to work with?  Green was pretty effective with him, but aside from that, TG had backup quality QBs and still was the best for his career.  

4 hours ago, West said:

Kelce.....He stayed and won many more big games.

Tony never got KC over the hump.

w

I'm with Jet ....was it ever strictly on TG to get us over the hump? if it was that's on  the GM and coaches. IF I were him I would not of wanted to rebuild under Pioli and that dumpster fire.

3 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I'm with Jet ....was it ever strictly on TG to get us over the hump? if it was that's on  the GM and coaches. IF I were him I would not of wanted to rebuild under Pioli and that dumpster fire.

Tony and KC was let down with crappy QBs until 2001 when it became the Warfield and Bartee garbage defenses that let the team down despite historically good offense. Then the team just sucked.

16 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

Tony and KC was let down with crappy QBs until 2001 when it became the Warfield and Bartee garbage defenses that let the team down despite historically good offense. Then the team just sucked.

If the Chiefs would have had even a mediocre defense they would have made two Super Bowls, but those defenses were historically bad. 

11 hours ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

If the Chiefs would have had even a mediocre defense they would have made two Super Bowls, but those defenses were historically bad. 

Isn't that about the time that they played William Bartee and drafted Ryan Sims?  Then there was Arrowheads' favorite, Kendrick Bell.  🙂  Not sure about the timing, but a far cry from the defense of the Vermeil years.