AP | Chiefs Owning the Second Half

Those last few drives vs. the Seahawks, the DL was on fire. It's like they get stronger as the game goes on.

They do.  Not only because they are big, tough, fast, well-conditioned, and know how to tackle, but because of Reid's and Sutton's rotational packages, which are brilliant and designed by real top coaches.  I sure like Jay Howard in that mix.  And the new long term deal with Bailey is fantastic.  Berry seems to be starting to regain his form.  He is still probably a couple of weeks away from his pro-bowl form. He'll be completely there by the Broncos game.

I like the way this season is shaping up.  They have already won as many as I predicted in the summer.  They have gotten stronger and gotten more confidence with each powerhouse they have beaten.  Today, no one can argue that they beat the world champions, in spite of atrocious officiating and two turnovers.  They were lucky they played those guys at Arrowhead, though.  The crowd made the difference.

I have to say I was really, really impressed with Wilson, and the way he operated and threw.  In the final analysis, we had the right game plan once again.  Let Wilson throw and keep our rushers back to stop the beast.  It was maddening when Seattle kept getting first downs on short passes, but the final score proves it worked.  That is coaching right there.

Speaking of atrocious officiating, has anyone else noticed how calm our own guys and our coaches are in the face of that?  No ranting or gesturing.  No red-faced shouting at officials by Reid or anyone.  They just accept things quietly, keep their cool, and keep adjusting and plotting how to overcome and prevail in the end.  I cannot remember a staff that was so cool and calm and competent, and they impart that entire attitude to the players.  Has anyone else noticed that?  It really has been one of the things that has stood out to me.

They do. Not only because they are big, tough, fast, well-conditioned, and know how to tackle, but because of Reid's and Sutton's rotational packages, which are brilliant and designed by real top coaches. I sure like Jay Howard in that mix. And the new long term deal with Bailey is fantastic. Berry seems to be starting to regain his form. He is still probably a couple of weeks away from his pro-bowl form. He'll be completely there by the Broncos game.

I like the way this season is shaping up. They have already won as many as I predicted in the summer. They have gotten stronger and gotten more confidence with each powerhouse they have beaten. Today, no one can argue that they beat the world champions, in spite of atrocious officiating and two turnovers. They were lucky they played those guys at Arrowhead, though. The crowd made the difference.

I have to say I was really, really impressed with Wilson, and the way he operated and threw. In the final analysis, we had the right game plan once again. Let Wilson throw and keep our rushers back to stop the beast. It was maddening when Seattle kept getting first downs on short passes, but the final score proves it worked. That is coaching right there.

Depth

Speaking of atrocious officiating, has anyone else noticed how calm our own guys and our coaches are in the face of that?  No ranting or gesturing.  No red-faced shouting at officials by Reid or anyone.  They just accept things quietly, keep their cool, and keep adjusting and plotting how to overcome and prevail in the end.  I cannot remember a staff that was so cool and calm and competent, and they impart that entire attitude to the players.  Has anyone else noticed that?  It really has been one of the things that has stood out to me.

I definitely did. I was screaming bs when they called back the 3rd & 12 strip sack. 

The two no-calls leading up to the Kelce fumble were blatant. 

Anyone else notice us getting robbed on our opening drive of the 2nd half. Kniles caught the ball on a dump off and actually had gotten the first  down inside the 2. We ended up getting stopped on 4th and keeping a FG. But my goodness how bad of a line judge can one be? Bill Levy's crew needs to be looked at. Ron Winters & the Jeff Triplett crew need booting as well.

Archived