CEH out next 4 games

1 hour ago, Holmes4six! said:

Just seen. They say illness. 
that’s fine by me. 
go with Pacheco Steele and perine. 
the latter two don’t have as much experience. 

I think his illness is in his head still. IMO they should just IR his ass

Perine has played NFL football for years not really worried about him

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/sports/chiefs-rb-clyde-edwards-helaire-to-miss-4-games-placed-on-non-football-illness-list-183118670.html

Edwards-Helaire, 25, revealed on social media in late July that he was dealing with PTSD and explained to reporters that he's experienced nausea and vomiting because of it, sometimes requiring hospitalization.

"I have PTSD and cyclic vomiting syndrome," he said, crediting team athletic trainer Julie Frymyer for providing help. "So it's something kind of neurologically that they just kind of help me with and walk through it."

"Sometimes I’m admitted into the hospital, something like I can’t stop throwing up," he added. "Nothing pretty much can stop it. The only person who kind of put me in the right direction was Julie Frymyer early on to give me some of meds at the time when I'm going through an episode, to get me over the hump. But it's real, real bad dehydration, dropping weight real fast. It's really just, mentally, not being there."

According to Edwards-Helaire, he has been struggling with PTSD since a 2018 incident while he was in college at LSU. He was one of two players attempting to sell an electronic item and shot someone attempting to rob them, according to Baton Rouge police.

Don't have some huge affinity for CEH but I'm glad the team is doing right by him.  He seems to be a great locker room guy and that aspect of an organization is vastly underrated.  I believe it shows the rest of the team the organization cares about its players as much as they can.

PTSD can fuck with you bad. I was off my meds for about a week or more and I felt like someone was watching me, always looking around and in high alert.  I couldn't interact with people or be in a crowded area. Before I retired in 2018, 15 years I had been dealing with it since the 03-04 Iraq deployment and then more deployments after that.

Quick tempered, fighting, almost divorced etc. The pressure of being a team player was difficult so I can only assume what CEH goes thru being an athlete expecting to perform. I wish him well and he he gets the mental help and meds he needs. I can tell you I am a much calmer and balanced, best word I can use, person on my meds.

Good explanation KKuenn...thank you.  I hope CEH is able to get the help he needs.  Chiefs are doing right by him.

I agree with the "let him get right" crowd  and see what happens next.  Pacheco is a workhorse and I like having Steele in the background with

Perine.  Time will tell....Just protect Mahomes.