12 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

Long snapper money.

lol funny how we lose perspective talking NFL salaries.

I'd take a paltry 3.3 million per year in a heartbeat. Even after taxes and agent commissions, I'd still be set.

5 hours ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

Noah played his butt off last night. He was like a FB as a lead blocker. Watch his block that sprung Worthy for the TD. 

Speaking of which, watch Kingsley go all the way across the field and put on the block near the goal line that allowed Worthy's run to become a TD.  Superb.

12 minutes ago, ThreePeat said:

Wiley did not show much in pre season. Could be Chiefs are not confident in him.

Rookie. Give him time to learn from the best. He has all the tools though and potential. 

5 hours ago, ThreePeat said:

Wiley did not show much in pre season. Could be Chiefs are not confident in him.

Hicks had a great pre-season and he wasn't in except for special teams.  Playing time for rookies under Reid doesn't tell us much. 

On 9/7/2024 at 2:47 PM, kkuenn said:

Rookie. Give him time to learn from the best. He has all the tools though and potential. 

My point is Did KC extend Gray because they dont see enough from Wiley. I dont see a future need for both guys

5 hours ago, ThreePeat said:

My point is Did KC extend Gray because they dont see enough from Wiley. I dont see a future need for both guys

You might see a need for him if Kelce hangs them up after this year. He's only under contract for this year and next. I 100% do not expect he'll be around any longer than that. 

I doubt Veach panicked after Wiley's rookie-year training camp and threw a contract extension at Gray (who was still under contact for this coming year).

2 hours ago, xen said:

KC carries 3 Tight ends every year so why don't we have a need for both of them?  

First of all I like Gray. Not unhappy he was signed. Im simply surprised KC extended him. Every dollar counts toward cap issues going forward. Ofcourse I hope Wiley and Gray do well. Kelce could very well retire after this season. He has a lot going on.with lots of opportunity.

3 hours ago, xen said:

KC carries 3 Tight ends every year so why don't we have a need for both of them?  

Keep continuity across the board is important.  Not every signing is a blue chip player.  Agree we keep 3 every year and its smart having at least one young player under contract for the foreseeable future.  There is a decent chance if we three-peat Travis might hang it up.