Chiefs Bengals GameDay Thread

Just now, kkuenn said:

It will be. More time for the new guy. He has only 2 games in the NFL so far. We have done more with worse before.

I still have hope for kingsly, as he is clearly very athletic. What worries me is right before they took him out he had this look on his face when they zoomed in like… i am beat I can’t stop hendrickson

Just now, Calichief said:

W

what a gross game. I was really hoping our offense would be so much better than that. 

Pat having a slow start to the year. 
defense looks good.

pacheco good day.

all that being said, another regular season w

Made it way to hard for themselves..

Didn’t deserve that one.  Kudos to the defense considering the extra snaps played due to turnovers.  

I think Pat was forcing passes downfield because of the bangles’ comments about Worthy.  He was leaving them short though.

LT is going to be an issue.  My draft comments about Kingsley showed out today.  Super athletic and super raw, which is why he fell to the bottom of round 2.  There will be major growing pains and they better put a TE over there to help for now.

Butker = GOAT

2-0

4 minutes ago, qnet said:

On the penalty play, Burrow was pissed. He knew the defender had made a bad mistake. 

I have to go get ready for all the.... Chiefs paid the refs off post and bs I will now get. They called a lot fair, some were not called but still.... it was far from 1 sided. How many holds did we get to kill big plays? 2 or 3?

Just now, Thegoatee said:

If we don’t turn the ball over three times, this game isn’t that close.

But we did. Last two years pats int’s have spiked. Due to wr cohesion but he’s made some real ugly throws too.

keep stacking w’s

The days of fantasy offense is over I guess

at least for now 

1 catch for kelce .. really ?

Offense not back. Bummer because I thought it would be scorched earth in this game. 

It's still early, but I agree, they're not back yet. Kelce had been a non factor. The Bengals seem to just be a bad matchup for the Chiefs.

2 minutes ago, Calichief said:

But we did. Last two years pats int’s have spiked. Due to wr cohesion but he’s made some real ugly throws too.

keep stacking w’s

at least for now 

he is being suffocated but in reality he had some more and targeted buy some shitty throws

1 minute ago, Calichief said:

keep stacking w’s

at least for now 

Cause Lou Aranamu is very good at stopping the chiefs.  Primarily taking Kelce away and playing deep zone shells. 

Andy had to stick to the run and he did as much as he could...lol

Andy saw weakness in their run defense. Zac saw weakness in our ability to cover TEs. Both had solid gameplans. 

Our OL never seems to hold up against cincy, for whatever reason. 

Every great play we had on offense was called back due to OL penalty. That's bad luck and bad timing. We will improve. 

Spags really was holding back... all day. I think they were willing to take the L so they could have something new to show if we meet them again in the playoffs. Thankfully he turned Connor loose on that 3rd down play. 

Patrick's 2 INTs were horrible and uncharacteristic. He's good for 1 or 2 of those type games per season. Nobody is perfect. One thing that surprised me was his unwillingness to run the ball. He does so well when he's out of the pocket... today he stayed in the pocket until it collapsed. It seems like he wasn't quite himself because he never really attempted to scramble and run the ball.

Overall a disappointing performance, lucky to come out with the W but it will go a long way to help us in the post-season.  Our DL was a little disappointing today too... seemed like Burrow had a little too much time. We need Omenihu back. 

I have confidence our receivers will improve. We have a solid group and an amazing QB. One or two plays going the other way and we win comfortably. Steele's fumble... Patrick's second INT... both stopped good drives.

Lots to work on, lots to be positive about.

11 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

I still have hope for kingsly, as he is clearly very athletic. What worries me is right before they took him out he had this look on his face when they zoomed in like… i am beat I can’t stop hendrickson

That shouldn't worry you... he's a rookie in game 2 vs one of the best DEs in the AFC. He'll get better.

I'm pissed we made their OL look like All Pros.

9 minutes ago, SEMO said:

Didn’t deserve that one.  Kudos to the defense considering the extra snaps played due to turnovers.  

I think Pat was forcing passes downfield because of the bangles’ comments about Worthy.  He was leaving them short though.

LT is going to be an issue.  My draft comments about Kingsley showed out today.  Super athletic and super raw, which is why he fell to the bottom of round 2.  There will be major growing pains and they better put a TE over there to help for now.

Butker = GOAT

2-0

Just think, Hendrickson is good, but we have Bosa, Mack, Crosby, and others incoming … 

6 minutes ago, artsy said:

Cause Lou Aranamu is very good at stopping the chiefs.  Primarily taking Kelce away and playing deep zone shells. 

Andy had to stick to the run and he did as much as he could...lol

I’d like to see more Wiley and gray 

11 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

I have to go get ready for all the.... Chiefs paid the refs off post and bs I will now get. They called a lot fair, some were not called but still.... it was far from 1 sided. How many holds did we get to kill big plays? 2 or 3?

3 at least... one (illegal use of hands) on that last drive

Just think, Hendrickson is good, but we have Bosa, Mack, Crosby, and others incoming … 

Week 8 for the Raiders. So I hope by then it looks better. Chargers in 2 weeks. Thing is, we have played with bad LT's before. I hope they just adjust as they did before in order to get him up to a better game play as the season rolls along. Inside running is solid.....