Chiefs Bengals GameDay Thread

1 minute ago, Holmes4six! said:

Defenses are going to play this two deep after watching this game. Reid will adjust. We need another wr that can grab some targets in a game to make a defense honor. 

More routes for JJ, Rice and Kelce in the middle areas. If they want to play so deep, keep running the ball. Wiley, Gray and Watson will need to be ready too. If the defense gives us 5 yards each time, we take it. Keep pounding and winning. We will eat up time and teams playing catch up then will have to adjust or watch us win.

6 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Maybe some more creativity next week 

falcons have some good dbs 

I want Worthy to progress a bit faster than Rice did last year. I have read he is a very intelligent player and has impressed the way he catches on etc. I am still wary of Nagy though. I know reid calls a lot of plays but there seems to be a bit of disconnect or loss of communication since he came back. Just something is off it seems. Glad we finally got a red zone td too.

6 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

I want Worthy to progress a bit faster than Rice did last year. I have read he is a very intelligent player and has impressed the way he catches on etc. I am still wary of Nagy though. I know reid calls a lot of plays but there seems to be a bit of disconnect or loss of communication since he came back. Just something is off it seems. Glad we finally got a red zone td too.

Agree. 

Suamataia got schooled and Reid probably waited too long to take him out.  His confidence must have reached rock bottom so we'll see how he bounces back..  Glad Steele was thrown right back into the fire.  No throws to JuJu, Hardman, Gray, Moore?  Wiley got only one.   Kelce had probably his lowest production.  Disappointing performance by the D-line.  Blown plays by Tranquille, Watson, Willians, and Reid.  Mahomes had one of his worst games.  Plenty of missed tackles.  Way too many penalties. 

Bottom line:  Chiefs won again and should get a Thank You gift from the Steelers.  

4 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Suamataia got schooled and Reid probably waited too long to take him out.  His confidence must have reached rock bottom so we'll see how he bounces back..  Glad Steele was thrown right back into the fire.  No throws to JuJu, Hardman, Gray, Moore?  Wiley got only one.   Kelce had probably his lowest production.  Disappointing performance by the D-line.  Blown plays by Tranquille, Watson, Willians, and Reid.  Mahomes had one of his worst games.  Plenty of missed tackles.  Way too many penalties. 

Bottom line:  Chiefs won again and should get a Thank You gift from the Steelers.  

Pretty much. Gotta flush that. Cause there’s not a lot of positive outside of McDuffie and the run blocking 

I feel we lose this game if Chase doesn't have that meltdown which pretty much screwed them as far as field position, they were moving the ball pretty well on that drive. Feel bad for the rookie who bailed us out on the 4th & 16 play at the end, he really looked like he did not want to go back to the Locker Room.

35 minutes ago, jetlord said:

To be brutally honest, Wanya didn't do any better.

2 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Yes and will we get better. A win though is still a win

100%.  So glad we got it.  Ugly or pretty doesn't matter.  Just a little concerning the O as it was suppose to be better to alleviate pressure from the D.  Like you said its still early so lots of room for improvement.  Hate seeing Kingsley struggle so much though.  2-0 though and both vs potential playoff contenders.  Lets go Chiefs! 

2 hours ago, SEMO said:

Didn’t deserve that one.  Kudos to the defense considering the extra snaps played due to turnovers.  

I think Pat was forcing passes downfield because of the bangles’ comments about Worthy.  He was leaving them short though.

LT is going to be an issue.  My draft comments about Kingsley showed out today.  Super athletic and super raw, which is why he fell to the bottom of round 2.  There will be major growing pains and they better put a TE over there to help for now.

Butker = GOAT

2-0

SEMO, I think most of us can handle growing pains. What was frustrating is you could see it building as the game wore one.  It was three straight possession that he wrecked our O.  I'm not sure he got one chip during that stretch or at least not on the plays Hendrickson caused problems.  Just seems crazy not to adjust.   Oh well we won and hopefully his confidence isn't shot.

We totally have the dynasty / New England thing going on. We just win. I used to care about the stats and all that shit but it’s simply about winning. Took me a long time to adjust. 
yes there was some ugly stuff but we are 2-0 and heading to a beatable Atlanta team. They have a good defense. Expect another nail biter boys.