Chiefs Bengals GameDay Thread

11 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

SEMO, I think most of us can handle growing pains. What was frustrating is you could see it building as the game wore one.  It was three straight possession that he wrecked our O.  I'm not sure he got one chip during that stretch or at least not on the plays Hendrickson caused problems.  Just seems crazy not to adjust.   Oh well we won and hopefully his confidence isn't shot.

They HAVE to help him for a while.  His technique just isn’t up to speed yet.  

And for as athletic as he is, his feet were just too slow today.  Trey is a beast, and I knew it would be a big test, but in this league it isn’t going to get any easier.  

They went in rolling the dice on him and Wanya out there.  Hopefully, they both improve.

2-0

2 hours ago, mex said:

To be brutally honest, Wanya didn't do any better.

Suamataia just needs to gain experience without losing his confidence.  He's a very good athlete who is young and not ready for top edge rushers.  Ryan Tracy pointed out that he is no worse than Fisher was for the first few games.  

2 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

100%.  So glad we got it.  Ugly or pretty doesn't matter.  Just a little concerning the O as it was suppose to be better to alleviate pressure from the D.  Like you said its still early so lots of room for improvement.  Hate seeing Kingsley struggle so much though.  2-0 though and both vs potential playoff contenders.  Lets go Chiefs! 

And up 2 games with head to head match ups too

This is not a game I plan to rewatch during the week. Other than Pacheco running the ball it felt disjointed. Left tackle definitely an issue. As for the defense? Can't cover TEs to save their soul. I think other teams are smart enough to figure out how to attack us. Can the Chiefs make the necessary adjustments?

Oh and I completely forgot we still struggle to score TDs in the Red zone.

9 hours ago, jetlord said:

Suamataia just needs to gain experience without losing his confidence.  He's a very good athlete who is young and not ready for top edge rushers.  Ryan Tracy pointed out that he is no worse than Fisher was for the first few games.  

These coaches aren't stupid. They left him alone for a reason. I think it's because they have confidence in him, and because they wanted to see how he would do all alone on an island vs one of the best DEs in the league.

He'll improve.

3 hours ago, mex said:

These coaches aren't stupid. They left him alone for a reason. I think it's because they have confidence in him, and because they wanted to see how he would do all alone on an island vs one of the best DEs in the league.

He'll improve.

That could have been a pretty costly lesson since the Chiefs were so close to losing and Kingsley was a big factor.  Would the coaches trade a loss for experience?  If he is all they hope, they can correct his technique and gain from the failures, but there's also the risk of killing his confidence.  He still has to face Bosa, Crosby, and Mack.

2 minutes ago, jetlord said:

That could have been a pretty costly lesson since the Chiefs were so close to losing and Kingsley was a big factor.  Would the coaches trade a loss for experience?  If he is all they hope, they can correct his technique and gain from the failures, but there's also the risk of killing his confidence.  He still has to face Bosa, Crosby, and Mack.

I do agree with Mex in that they knew what they were doing. They wanted to see if he could battle thru it and figure it out without help....He couldn't. 

His feet are heavy (slow) almost like Orlando Browns. And that could be because he is still trying to adjust to the speed of the NFL. IDK, but I'm sure Andy and Heck do. And if they roll him back out there next week, let's see how he does. 

However, this should give Wanya some motivation if he does get the nod..Another chance to prove himself.

Kingsly didn't throw those INTs and that's what nearly cost the game. Andy said he'd look at the tape and I am sure in one way shape or form whomever plays LT they be getting some help Perine is supposed to be a hell of a blocker, he'll be getting significantly more snaps this week.. I aint worried