why we wont resign McDuffie

Dolphins CB Jalen Ramsey agrees to 3-year, $72.3 million extension to stay in Miami

Ramsey is now the NFL's highest-paid cornerback

The new deal makes the 29-year-old the highest-paid cornerback in the NFL, receiving $24.1 million per year. Per multiple reports, Ramsey will receive $55.3 million guaranteed as part of the deal.

Ramsey's deal jumps just ahead of Patrick Surtain II, who reset the cornerback market on Wednesday. Surtain receives $24 million annually under his $77.5 million deal, the most for any defensive back in NFL history.

2 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

We have 5 years and a tag i guess. Plus veach has been good at managing these situations 

All depends on how well we keep restocking DB in the drafts. Veach keeps it up and we won't have to worry in 4-5 years.

I think McDuffie could sign a top dollar contract with KC, but only IF he stays healthy and we have found cheap gems at other positions. 

In the case of Snead, I think his knee was a bigger long-term concern than anyone said outloud, and we chose to spend that $ elsewhere, to help keep CJ and Creed. 

Bottom dollar on the dynamic model the Chiefs use to look out 2,3,4 & 5 years....They pay "their Core"  or where they can significantly reduce risk.  Butker, Creed and Gray all reduced risk. The next Big Inflection point with be Travis....If he gets hurt or decides to retire, they will have to make serious decisions.

2 hours ago, West said:

Bottom dollar on the dynamic model the Chiefs use to look out 2,3,4 & 5 years....They pay "their Core"  or where they can significantly reduce risk.  Butker, Creed and Gray all reduced risk. The next Big Inflection point with be Travis....If he gets hurt or decides to retire, they will have to make serious decisions.

i think they are already preparing for life after travis by drafting jared wiley and extending Noah Gray. are either of these guys as good as travis? maybe not but time will tell.

14 hours ago, kkuenn said:

In 2026 Thuney will be a FA. Taylor can be cut to save 20 mil on the cap and cost us 4.75 mil dead money. Veach is a master at the cap.

thuney is cuttable salary wise next year without some sort of restructure I think he's goner & at 33 yo not ancient but