Chiefs WR Hollywood Brown to undergo shoulder surgery, will be placed on IR

Marquise "Hollywood" Brown is set to undergo surgery to repair a dislocated sternoclavicular joint joint in his shoulder and will be placed on injured reserve by the Kansas City Chiefs.

Brown's placement on IR means he will be at least four games.

May be an image of 4 people, people playing football and text

he #Chiefs are placing Hollywood Brown on IR. Per Schultz_Report.
More details from Soren Petro, 'I'm hearing that Hollywood Brown will be out months and not weeks. The timeline looks more like 3 months than just the minimum 4 week stay on IR.'

38 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

May be an image of 4 people, people playing football and text

More details from Soren Petro, 'I'm hearing that Hollywood Brown will be out months and not weeks. The timeline looks more like 3 months than just the minimum 4 week stay on IR.'

What a fucking waste. Even if he makes it back for the post-season, he won't have much time to develop a rhythm with Patrick. He'll just be out there.

Why did they wait until now? It probably would have been better to have done it right after the injury. I am sure they were trying to not do it, but man, something had to show it was the way to go for surgery then.

32 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Why did they wait until now? It probably would have been better to have done it right after the injury. I am sure they were trying to not do it, but man, something had to show it was the way to go for surgery then.

1 hour ago, mex said:

What a fucking waste. Even if he makes it back for the post-season, he won't have much time to develop a rhythm with Patrick. He'll just be out there.

meh a bit of an overreaction ..even if he misses 6 more games he'll be around for the 2nd half and arguably most important part. He developed some sort of relationship during preseason so no reason to life suicide GIF by David

58 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

meh a bit of an overreaction ..even if he misses 6 more games he'll be around for the 2nd half and arguably most important part. He developed some sort of relationship during preseason so no reason to life suicide GIF by David

Didn't they say they expected him to miss 3 months? Or did I hear that wrong

5 minutes ago, mex said:

Didn't they say they expected him to miss 3 months? Or did I hear that wrong

So after a month, he will be day to day.

3 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

So after a month, he will be day to day.

The Andy Special. :lol: 

If he misses 3 months, I doubt he'll contribute much in the playoffs. One can hope though.

8 hours ago, mex said:

The Andy Special. :lol: 

If he misses 3 months, I doubt he'll contribute much in the playoffs. One can hope though.

Good thing is, he may sign again for a prove it deal or long term. He was betting on himself this year for a 1 year deal and was injured. That has to weigh in on his mind for a new contract imo.

Just now, DieHard said:

It would have been real bad if it happened in December. It sucks but won’t affect the 3 peat. He should be good to go for the push and playoffs. 

We have Rice, Worthy and JJ as top 3. Still much better than what we had last year.

1 minute ago, kkuenn said:

We have Rice, Worthy and JJ as top 3. Still much better than what we had last year.

Definitely. If anything it gives Worthy more targets. Maybe more 12 or 13 personnel with the rook TE. Andy got this.

What I love is we let JJ and Hardman go get paid and a year later sign them back for nothing. Veach baby!

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

If Worthy gets hurt, I hope not but he is so small, then its the same shit show offense. I felt KC needed to do more in the offseason at WR. Hollywood has often been injured and Worthy is a very small ROOKIE. I would not resign Hollywood next year because he is injury prone.. 

3 hours ago, kkuenn said:

They did an MRI earlier this week to check on it, and saw that it had moved. Brown was feeling better (hence the "he's getting close" rhetoric), but the scan showed otherwise. It's really good they caught this now before he went back out and really messed himself up. 

23 minutes ago, ThreePeat said:

If Worthy gets hurt, I hope not but he is so small, then its the same shit show offense. I felt KC needed to do more in the offseason at WR. Hollywood has often been injured and Worthy is a very small ROOKIE. I would not resign Hollywood next year because he is injury prone.. 

Still better with another year under Rice. JJ as the next guy up and then Hardman than last year. Even if Worthy misses a game or 2, we are still better. Last year it was no one until Rice started to step up with the game experience he got thr last part of the season. Worthy has yet to really do what I think he can do. He plays all year I think we will see him excel in the last 4 games or so heading into the post season like Rice did last year. JJ was a great pick up for this reason as many thought it would be Worthy more than likely hurt and not us losing Brown.

Well, it’s time to bring up Remingo. He can help special teams and let’s see what he can do. He can be a chain mover for us. I don’t think juju is the answer for 16 games. Need a mix. 
hardman will do hardman things. We have seen that. What we have haven’t seen is Remingo in regular season. Time to try it. I think.