Even if the Chiefs would accept Hunt back, does he have anything left?  There's a reason he's unemployed.  Same with McKinnon.  His drop off last season was obvious although he made a few important plays.  Guess we'll just have to wait and see how long they project Pacheco to be out.  My guess would be that there will be an immediate PS promotion and that CEH will be back for week five.  

7 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Even if the Chiefs would accept Hunt back, does he have anything left?  There's a reason he's unemployed.  Same with McKinnon.  His drop off last season was obvious although he made a few important plays.  Guess we'll just have to wait and see how long they project Pacheco to be out.  My guess would be that there will be an immediate PS promotion and that CEH will be back for week five.  

At this point, it ain't about what they have left. Can't expect an all-pro to be available in mid-September.

This is about best player available. No idea if Hunt is the best available... but he's had some pretty good years. And he just turned 29 last month. He's 5'11" 216lb... pretty much a carbon-copy of Pacheco except Pacheco's a bit faster.

He might be a good second option after Steele. Or 3rd once CEH returns. 

TBH I think this could help CEH's recovery from some of his issues. He's needed by the team and needs something to focus on.

Tom Pelissero of NFL Network reports that the Chiefs will bring in free agent RB Kareem Hunt for a visit Tuesday.
The Chiefs are going to be without Isiah Pacheco for 6-8 weeks, and with Clyde Edwards-Helaire also on injured reserve, Kansas City is low on tailbacks. Hunt, of course, is a former third-round pick who had success with Kansas City, but was released after a tape was released showing him committing a heinous act of domestic violence. In 2023 for the Browns, Hunter ran for 411 yards on 135 carries while adding 15 receptions for 84 yards.

Dang, Pacheco was playing well. I hate that he got hurt, but that's how it goes in the NFL, especially how violently he runs (which I love). He was doing well in the passing game and running game. On Hunt, I always felt like the Chiefs' offense would have been truly unstoppable at that time if he had not had that incident. 

15 minutes ago, xen said:

A few Practice Squad RBs that can be signed for nothing

Frank Gore Jr

Deneric Prince

Tyler Badie

Dalvin Cook

La'mical Perine for the full Perine backfield

For sure. Only one I don’t like there is cook. He’s finished. I couldn’t believe how far he fell off last year. He didn’t lose one step, he lost about 5…