Kareem Hunt is coming home

6 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

You don’t think kareem can be somewhar decent for 6ish games until pachecho comes back getting say 5 touches a game?

thats all im looking for.

im expecting perine to get the bulk of the carries 

What I mean is "dream on" about Pacheco being back in 6 games.  The guy won't play until 2025.  He has a bad, bad injury and might not ever be the player he was. Don't believe the pablum being fed to the fanbase. The bug has hit us this year, and a three-peat is out of he question, at least for me. So far, a three-peat has never been done.  This is why. Sorry to bum you out.

2 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

What I mean is "dream on" about Pacheco being back in 6 games.  The guy won't play until 2025.  He has a bad, bad injury and might not ever be the player he was. Don't believe the pablum being fed to the fanbase. The bug has hit us this year, and a three-peat is out of he question, at least for me. So far, a three-peat has never been done.  This is why. Sorry to bum you out.

Did you see the roster the last two years ? 

I’m anticipating something like this.
Steele. Perine. Hunt.

No one running back replaces Pacheco. 
Welcome to the three headed hydra.

Each has different strengths. It’s running back by committee with each being ready for specific plays that are designed for them specifically by field position and down and distance. 

I like this signing. The drafted Hunt for a reason. If he’s turned a maturity corner?

Then Welcome back. 

28 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

I’m anticipating something like this.
Steele. Perine. Hunt.

No one running back replaces Pacheco. 
Welcome to the three headed hydra.

Each has different strengths. It’s running back by committee with each being ready for specific plays that are designed for them specifically by field position and down and distance. 

I like this signing. The drafted Hunt for a reason. If he’s turned a maturity corner?

Then Welcome back. 

Yea I kinda see it the same way it will be  rbbc possibly for the rest of the year.  

8 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Based on Hunt's performance the last few years, I don't think he will ever be a #1 again.  He wouldn't come close to providing what Pacheco does. I'm thinking that CEH will be better than Hunt could be at his age when he gets back from his injury. As Chiefs fans, we all have memories of the Hunt times, but he is not in the same conversation now.  We should  curb our enthusiasm. His best attribute is his receiving and he still has a connection with Mahomes.  I'm guessing Reid will work him in as an outlet receiver and blocker on 3rd downs and nothing else.

He's not #1. I doubt anyone expects him to be. He's just filling in. BPA. This is not to say Steele won't get his carries. But I really doubt Hunt will play STs. Whereas not only does Steele play STs, he EXCELS at it.

4 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Kareem may be done as a player, but this was still the best option.

I still believe Kareem was the best rb we have had in Reid’s system to date, lets hope we strike lightning in a bottle with him for maybe 6 games or so

I don't get everyone saying he's 'done'. He's not. He's the same age as Mahomes. He didn't do much in Cleveland because, well... CLEVELAND.

He absolutely can contribute to our offense. He's good in pass pro, understands the playbook, can catch the ball out of the backfield, and can tote the rock. Is he Christian McCaffery? No. Can he help us in a time of need? Yes.

2 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

whatever th?id=OIP.w3kMxTL5XF4KTkEXVkKW3wHaDM&pid=Api&P=0&h=180

As long as Mahomes is QB and Reid is the coach we have as good as chance as anyone.

by the playoffs im confident our rb situation will be fine, might be a mid season trade or something.

im much more worried about how we handle the left tackle situation than i am the rb position 

25 minutes ago, mex said:

I don't get everyone saying he's 'done'. He's not. He's the same age as Mahomes. He didn't do much in Cleveland because, well... CLEVELAND.

He absolutely can contribute to our offense. He's good in pass pro, understands the playbook, can catch the ball out of the backfield, and can tote the rock. Is he Christian McCaffery? No. Can he help us in a time of need? Yes.

I get your point, but 29 year old at rb is equivalent to 50 year old at qb

again im just looking for kareem to get a few touches a game, break glass in case of emergency situation, which im sure he can do

Do you know something they are not telling us?  Why do you think he will not be back this year?  A Fracture of the fibula is not that a serious of an injury.  I saw several of them, that same injury, during my career and mostly they were back by 8 -10 weeks.  The main purpose of the fibula bone is to provide stability to the ankle joint.  There seems to me there is no reason he should not be back in the 6 - 8 or 10 week range.

14 minutes ago, NCK Chiefs Fan said:

Do you know something they are not telling us?  Why do you think he will not be back this year?  A Fracture of the fibula is not that a serious of an injury.  I saw several of them, that same injury, during my career and mostly they were back by 8 -10 weeks.  The main purpose of the fibula bone is to provide stability to the ankle joint.  There seems to me there is no reason he should not be back in the 6 - 8 or 10 week range.

Well, FMBL is a dr, so he just "might" know something about what he is talking about, just an fyi

1 minute ago, NCK Chiefs Fan said:

Thanks for the info, did not know that he is a Doc. Never met anyone on this board so how could I know that  But I also have some knowledge about the subject.  Have seen that same injury several times.

He is a Doc... a damned good Pathologist too. He was a coroner for a while too.

Which means if he asks you to "meet him for a cold one after work" you probably shouldn't.

3 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

As long as Mahomes is QB and Reid is the coach we have as good as chance as anyone.

by the playoffs im confident our rb situation will be fine, might be a mid season trade or something.

im much more worried about how we handle the left tackle situation than i am the rb position 

Hope you are right.  In the playoffs, we will be facing only the top teams.  Those are always teams with great pass rushers.  We have Taylor to protect on the right.  We have the rookie, KS on the left.  So, we are in poor shape there. I agree.  RB is bad, too.  Pacheco will not be back this season.  It could be a long time, and he may never be the same. The fracture apparently extends into the joint where the tibia and fibula and bones of the ankle meet.  When a fracture extends into a joint, pins have to be placed.  After healing and the pins are removed, some degree of permanent decreased mobility in the joint is almost assured to some degree.  That requires a long rehab, and the amount of decreased range of motion that would be left is anyone's guess. The earlier estimate of 4-6 weeks was made based on a common simple fracture of the fibula, prior to the additional findings. Hunt is 29 and was slow already the last year or two. I really don't know what we have in Perine.  I know this combo will give us decent pass blocking and pass catching, but the running seems very questionable to me. I think we are too enthusiastic about Steele at this point. He has a LOT to learn, and we know nothing about his vision or instincts.  I'm excited about him, though. He is big and tough.

2 hours ago, mex said:

He is a Doc... a damned good Pathologist too. He was a coroner for a while too.

Which means if he asks you to "meet him for a cold one after work" you probably shouldn't.

That would be pretty hard to do.  Chuckle chuckle.  I have no idea where he lives and vice versa, besides I don"t drink.  Never did develop the taste for it.  

3 hours ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

Well, FMBL is a dr, so he just "might" know something about what he is talking about, just an fyi

I certainly respect Bil's training, experience, and knowledge, BUT he also stated that Hill would implode and Smith was medically unable to be relied on as a RG.  Thankfully, docs are mostly correct.  But they are also often wrong, especially when diagnosing without seeing the patient or having access to his tests or conditions.  We appreciate the opinion, but should rely more on those who are closer to the case.  If Bil says Pacheco is out for the season, I tend to believe him but put more weight on those directly involved in his recovery.  One thing we do know is that we'll never get the straight story form the Chiefs' staff.  

13 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

2rxr8a.jpg

8 hours ago, NCK Chiefs Fan said:

That would be pretty hard to do.  Chuckle chuckle.  I have no idea where he lives and vice versa, besides I don"t drink.  Never did develop the taste for it.  

When a CORONER asks to meet for a cold o.... oh never mind

9 hours ago, jetlord said:

I certainly respect Bil's training, experience, and knowledge, BUT he also stated that Hill would implode and Smith was medically unable to be relied on as a RG.  Thankfully, docs are mostly correct.  But they are also often wrong, especially when diagnosing without seeing the patient or having access to his tests or conditions.  We appreciate the opinion, but should rely more on those who are closer to the case.  If Bil says Pacheco is out for the season, I tend to believe him but put more weight on those directly involved in his recovery.  One thing we do know is that we'll never get the straight story form the Chiefs' staff.  

That's true.  And I don't want to misrepresent what I know.  I am not an orthopedic surgeon and have no access to  more actual medical information from the same sources as anyone else here does, only what I read.  So, IF the information is correct about the broken fibula extending into the articulating surfaces with the tibia at the ankle, and if the MRI shows damage to any of the ligaments in that area of the ankle, then what I wrote is most likely correct. A fracture, like a spiral fracture, that extends downward from the fibula into the articulating surface (joint) with the tibia, then it is a big damn deal that, even if it heals well, there likely will be SOME permanent reduction of the ability of that joint to move without pain. But not even the Chiefs front office would have a full knowledge until the MRI's which show soft tissue, have been evaluated by an orthopedic surgeon who subspecializes in injuries to that area.  I'm just speaking about fractures extending into joints in general.  Even the source of what I read is not official yet. So, the Chiefs don't know the whole picture probably.  For me, it's just an educated guess. Also, yes, I tend to be a pessimist when it comes to injuries in a contact sport like NFL football.