Kareem Hunt is coming home

14 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

I get your point, but 29 year old at rb is equivalent to 50 year old at qb

Maybe true in general, but there are plenty of exceptions.  Franco Harris,  The Bus, Gore, and I believe Marcus Allen were effective into their thirties.  I have little hope for Hunt playing more than a minor, fill in role, but it's always possible that he can contribute plenty by trading a lost step or two for experience and native talent. 

I read a good point that Priest Holmes was 28 when he joined the Chiefs. The Chiefs got three excellent years out of him; I don't see why they couldn't get a decent one out of Kareem Hunt. Holmes had a better line, but I think Hunt did just as well with a line that was not as good,

26 minutes ago, qnet said:

I read a good point that Priest Holmes was 28 when he joined the Chiefs. The Chiefs got three excellent years out of him; I don't see why they couldn't get a decent one out of Kareem Hunt. Holmes had a better line, but I think Hunt did just as well with a line that was not as good,

I think Priest is a little different in that even though he was 28, he only had 459 NFL carries at that age.  Kareem has more than twice that.  Also, as a personal observation, Priest seemed to care more about his body and the game of football than Kareem.  

I think it's a good pickup, but I have fairly low expectations and hope to be pleasantly surprised.  

34 minutes ago, qnet said:

Yup, great point about Priest. I think Hunt will share the load with Steele/Ingram. I like Steele, I think he can be just as, if not more effective as Pop. I do not know his blocking skills or catching skills and that will matter. 

I played RB in high school/college and retired as a High School Football coach (defensive side) and I've never been impressed with Pop's patience or vision. I think a combo of Steele/Hunt/Perine should get them by.

By the way, I broke my fibilia and it took over 6 months for me to back to 100%. I was 23.

I really don't think Pop will be back this year either...

1 hour ago, artsy said:

Yup, great point about Priest. I think Hunt will share the load with Steele/Ingram. I like Steele, I think he can be just as, if not more effective as Pop. I do not know his blocking skills or catching skills and that will matter. 

I played RB in high school/college and retired as a High School Football coach (defensive side) and I've never been impressed with Pop's patience or vision. I think a combo of Steele/Hunt/Perine should get them by.

By the way, I broke my fibilia and it took over 6 months for me to back to 100%. I was 23.

but how many years ago was that? The reason I ask was I had a shoulder replacement 10 years ago and the other shoulder just 10 weeks ago the difference in recovery time has been mind blowing.

IF what you, Bil and Andy have alluded to as a possibility these cast of RB characters will not be getting us to the promised land unless we caught lightning in a bottle with Hunt or Perine..a trade will be in order.

That being said I think the LT issue is more pressing with the pass rush studs up coming this season it like a Murders Row.

35 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

but how many years ago was that? The reason I ask was I had a shoulder replacement 10 years ago and the other shoulder just 10 weeks ago the difference in recovery time has been mind blowing.

IF what you, Bil and Andy have alluded to as a possibility these cast of RB characters will not be getting us to the promised land unless we caught lightning in a bottle with Hunt or Perine..a trade will be in order.

That being said I think the LT issue is more pressing with the pass rush studs up coming this season it like a Murders Row.

I 100% agree with you that LT is the biggest problem at this moment. Hands down.

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

LT and I would love to get a stud DT next to CJ. The line is good but a better DT would do wonders for us too.

KC offense is ideal for Hunt. He did the best he can in Cleveland. Last season, he was playing through a core muscle injury. If he shows 70-80% of 2017-18 Kareem Hunt, he'll be problem and that's not good news for Steele and Perine. Other than speed, Pacheco's talent isn't better than Hunt's. Hunt has better vision, setting up blocks (patience), a better pass catcher, contact balance, breaks more tackles, forces way more missed tackles (elusiveness), and probably has a slight edge in pass pro.

CEH isn't as good as Hunt. Plus, he's unreliable at this point because of his ongoing health issues and mental health which makes his availability questionable. He can be the odd man out when he comes of NFI if Hunt starts to show out. 

11 hours ago, artsy said:

Agreed...Pop's patience and vision are not good.