Kansas City Chiefs @ Oakland Raiders Thursday Night Football. Who Will Win?

I am going to take the Chiefs to win this football game against Oakland.

Why?

Despite their record at 0-10, they are a football team that can win if the other team is off of their game. A lot of people have been calling this a trap game as well, which I would agree with since it's the Raiders. The Chiefs are going in with a great defense in stopping the pass, which is where Oakland's offense revolves. They have the worst rushing game in the league, so we should be able to stop their run game. I also think that the Chiefs can stop their passing game fairly well because they aren't great there either. The Chiefs come in with some of the worst passing in the league. Despite this, I think that the Chiefs will get their first touchdown pass to a wide receiver this week against Oakland. The Chiefs also have one of the best run games in the league, which is what they rely on to be successful on offense. I think that this will be a close game even though the Raiders are a 0 win team. Although it probably won't hold up through Sunday, the Chiefs have a shot at leading the division after Thursday Night Football. This is a must win for the Chiefs because they will have a game against Denver the following week and cannot afford to take a loss to an 0 win Oakland team.

Any given Sunday right...uh in this case Thursday?

I guess I could buy into the notion that "it's a division game and they usually are tightly fought battles"....except for one thing. Andy Reid.

Until last year Andy Reid had never coached the Chiefs so how did he fair in his first foray into the famed Black Hole? Chiefs hung 56 on the Faders. Most ever given up by an Oakland team. It's different this year...the Raiders are worse and the Chiefs are better. And whereas I expect for KC to get the Raiders best shot...that shot won't amount to much. It could be close but I could also easily imagine KC dominating this game, wearing the Raiders down and running away with it in the 2nd half.

Remember when Marty was the coach? He absolutely dominated the Raiders to the tune of an 18-3 record. That is insane. Andy Reid is that kind of coach. We already beat the Chargers on the road and almost beat Denver. Oakland is a minor speed bump toward a showdown at Arrowhead with Horse Face!!

The Chiefs come in with some of the worst passing in the league. Despite this, I think that the Chiefs will get their first touchdown pass to a wide receiver this week against Oakland.

I'm expecting something like week 15 of 2013: The Raiders put up an uncharacteristically high number of points overall, but it never really matters as the Chiefs are a step ahead from the beginning of the game. I do think that this may be the game where a Chiefs wide receiver scores their first touchdown, although it might not even be on a reception.

With that said, I hate when people equate ranking by total yards passing with the quality of the passing game. Situation dictates play calling, and the Chiefs have had a number of games in which it simply didn't make sense to throw a ton of passes. Does the Chiefs' passing game make their running game better? I look at it this way: If I'm another team's defensive coordinator, I'm worried about death by 1,000 cuts as the Chiefs wear out my defense with the league's second-best rate in passing for first downs per pass attempt (or eighth-best rate in passing for first downs per dropback), or the league's sixth-best rate in completion rate by pass attempt (eleventh-best rate in completion rate per dropback). The Chiefs also have the league's second-best rate in interceptions per dropback. There are a lot of mediocre passing games racking up big yardage in garbage time, and the eyeballs will tell you that the Chiefs' passing offense is far ahead of those passing offenses.

I don't see KC overlooking their hated rival.  Few things would be more satisfying than pounding 2 of the nails in a Raider 0-16 coffin.  Just in case, maybe they should invite Marty in as a guest speaker at practice this week.

34-13 KC!!

Wish the Raiders still had Pryor at QB.   :D  :D  :D

Carr, better rev his engine up early and often as he's gonna get chased all over the place by the Diamond of Doom - Hali, Poe, & Houston. DAT gets a WR TD off a bubble screen? Kniles carries the load in the 2nd half.

34-13... Gold you took my score  :P

Archived