Chiefs are Frauds once again

Ehh, we beat Seattle and New England - teams that Denver didn't beat (yes, home field). In fact, we beat the Rams who Denver didn't beat either. We play them on the 30th and if we win, we got that, too. Denver's only played Oakland once and we get to play the Raiders again.

My point isn't that we're better than Denver, but when talking about credibility of teams we lost to, it's only a share of teams we beat. I'm almost as upset about the Tennessee and Niners games, even though division games mean more.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This game worried me. I thought they would have trouble if they let Oakland stay in the game. It was worse than I expected. The final reason for the Chiefs' loss was their inability to stop the Raiders. If they would have stopped the Raiders on their final drive, the game would have be lauded as another tough and gritty win similar to that in Buffalo. 

Oakland played well against some of the better talent in the league, and more than half of their losses were close. Divisional games are tough because of their familiarity with each other. The rain and sloppy field conditions affected both sides equally, but not really. Their running backs were bigger, and better able to handle the slop. Also, it evened out the contest by neutralizing the team speed of KC. 

This was a bad loss. There is no way getting around it. In terms of playoff consequences, it would have been better if they lost to Seattle and won the Raiders game. That is behind us now. The Chiefs have a 7-4 record. They face Denver, Oakland, and San Diego again at home. Their away games are against Arizona and Pittsburgh. they probably need to win three more games to get into the playoffs. It's up to them. Teams now know how to defend the Chiefs' bubble screens. Now Andy Reid needs to reach back and pull another scheme out of his pocket. 

At least the Rams beat the Seahawks and the Niners already. To me that a least gives the win over the Broncos some credibility. You think there is no difference between the Rams and the Raiders? What is the Raiders other signature win?...oh yeah...they don't have any. 2 of our 4 losses are against bottom feeders. 

But hey...I'm a reasonable guy. Letting the winless Raiders get their only win against us is fine. Letting their inexperienced running back get 112 yards on 4 carries and 2 TDs-that's cool...their rookie QB beat us on that long methodical drive in the 4th..guess I need to get with the times. My old school mentality of being pissed when my team loses to an inferior team and hated division rival is out of vogue. So allow me to jump on board. I retract being pissed. I am now on board...its okay to lose...and its okay to lose to a winless team. I hope this makes those who railed on my being pissed to feel much better. Thank you.

Their inexperienced RB would have only had 22 yards of rushing had it not been for that 90 TD run. Lets be for real shit happens in almost every game for every team, missed assignment, slipped tackle, etc... How many yards do you think Charles would have if it wasn't for poor tackling?

As far as win less teams go, its obvious every team that has a losing streak is going to break that streak against a better team, this time it happened to be the Chiefs. In the past 3 years losing streaks were broken against playoff teams. Houston was reverse beat SD and Tenn then went on to lose 14 straight, but Jax beat Indy in 2012 and Indy beat Houston in 2011.

Like many in here, I would prefer to see KC lose to Oakland at Oakland after 2 days of rest then see them lose to Denver at home after roughly 10 days of prep time. Chiefs beat Denver you and many like you will forget about the Oakland game, or at least rational fans will forget about that game. Remember there is a reason why only 1 team in the history of the modern day football has gone undefeated, its because those other teams lose to inferior teams.

Their inexperienced RB would have only had 22 yards of rushing had it not been for that 90 TD run. Lets be for real shit happens in almost every game for every team, missed assignment, slipped tackle, etc... How many yards do you think Charles would have if it wasn't for poor tackling?

As far as win less teams go, its obvious every team that has a losing streak is going to break that streak against a better team, this time it happened to be the Chiefs. In the past 3 years losing streaks were broken against playoff teams. Houston was reverse beat SD and Tenn then went on to lose 14 straight, but Jax beat Indy in 2012 and Indy beat Houston in 2011.

Like many in here, I would prefer to see KC lose to Oakland at Oakland after 2 days of rest then see them lose to Denver at home after roughly 10 days of prep time. Chiefs beat Denver you and many like you will forget about the Oakland game, or at least rational fans will forget about that game. Remember there is a reason why only 1 team in the history of the modern day football has gone undefeated, its because those other teams lose to inferior teams.

Woulda...shoulda...coulda...

That is your response about the running back... "IF"? Well there is no if. There only was. We could play the if this if that game all day but that won't change what actually happened. You seem to think it's a forgone conclusion that the Chiefs will beat the Broncos. I think they lose to the Broncos...why? Well 0-5 against Manning since he came to Denver for one thing. I could go on but why bother?

Look..I didn't say "I'm done with this team" or "Reid and Smith need to be fired"! Not calling for wholesale changes...I think I am well within my right to express extreme disappointment in the Chiefs performance against a bad team. For some reason that is heresy. I should bend over, grab my ankles and accept it because...well "good teams lose to bad all the time". the Chiefs have made a habit of pulling off the improbable...but not in a good way. Excuse me if I get frustrated and disapprove. the Chiefs haven't won a playoff game in over 20 years. Forget the Super Bowl! Just win one playoff game. Chiefs have never won back to back AFC division titles. Ever. Every other team in the division has done it...more than once. I want my team to do better...be better than what they have been. I supposed I drank the kool-aid when after the Seattle win everyone was saying "this team is different". Are they?

My old school mentality of being pissed when my team loses to an inferior team and hated division rival is out of vogue. So allow me to jump on board. I retract being pissed. I am now on board...its okay to lose...and its okay to lose to a winless team. I hope this makes those who railed on my being pissed to feel much better. Thank you.

Actually your old school mentality needs to change. Teams in the 60's and 70's that were bad were really bad so your philosophy of being pissed when they lost to a win less team was warranted. No days, win less teams do not mean they are bad teams. Look at Indy win Manning went down, were they a bad team that went 2-14? Nope, since that season they have been to the playoffs every year. The Raiders lost to NE in NE by 7, lost to SD by 3, lost to Seattle in Seattle by 6, and lost to SD at SD by 7. This isn't a team getting blown out every game by 20 points or more. They have only lost 3 games by 14 or more the rest have been by 11 or less, again this is not a terrible team that the Chiefs lost to.

As far as it being a hated rivalry, that went out the window when the NFL put in all the sissy type rules and stopped letting the players knock each others blocks off. Rarely are these two teams relevant at the same time anymore.

No its NOT OK to lose but its not OK to bitch about everything that doesn't go your way either. So either suck it up and be a man who can accept the bad with the goo or whine like a little baby who doesn't get his way all the time. Its your choice but frankly I believe that most in here are tired of the bitching and belly aching from a select few in here that wait for the Chiefs to lose or Smith, Bowe, Fisher, Parker, Reid, and a handful of others to fail so they can whine and bitch about how bad the team or the players are.

Hey but that's just one mans opinion.

Woulda...shoulda...coulda...

That is your response about the running back... "IF"? Well there is no if. There only was. We could play the if this if that game all day but that won't change what actually happened. You seem to think it's a forgone conclusion that the Chiefs will beat the Broncos. I think they lose to the Broncos...why? Well 0-5 against Manning since he came to Denver for one thing. I could go on but why bother?

Look..I didn't say "I'm done with this team" or "Reid and Smith need to be fired"! Not calling for wholesale changes...I think I am well within my right to express extreme disappointment in the Chiefs performance against a bad team. For some reason that is heresy. I should bend over, grab my ankles and accept it because...well "good teams lose to bad all the time". the Chiefs have made a habit of pulling off the improbable...but not in a good way. Excuse me if I get frustrated and disapprove. the Chiefs haven't won a playoff game in over 20 years. Forget the Super Bowl! Just win one playoff game. Chiefs have never won back to back AFC division titles. Ever. Every other team in the division has done it...more than once. I want my team to do better...be better than what they have been. I supposed I drank the kool-aid when after the Seattle win everyone was saying "this team is different". Are they?

And who is forcing you to watch and support them? Nobody, you know most people who dislike or bitch and complain about things as much as you do normally leave so they don't have to be so pissed off all the time. Example, you don't like your job and your frustrated all the time you find a new one. You don't like your home and it seems to get worse you sell it and move somewhere else. Some people have marital problems and cant work them out they get divorced. The examples go on and on. However, it seems many Chiefs fans (and I know other teams fans) would prefer to bitch, complain and whine year in and year out about a team that hasn't won a SB since 1970 or a playoff game in over 20 years then move on. Like many in here I love and support this team and has since they arrived in KC and like most in here I prefer to see and appreciate the good things about this team then fret about the negative side. Either way we cant do shit about it.

Bottom Line RAIDERS. I hate losing to the RAIDERS anytime. Reid played this game not to lose. Maybe don't get anyone hurt. They did not attack on offense or defense. Are you kidding me a rookie and we did not attack him. We played like girly men. Reid is a better coach against NFC teams. Last year in the snow KC was awesome. A little rain. Really. It was the RAIDERS.

Okay, I stand corrected. There were some post saying that after the last post I read. So, I will amend, everybody has the right to feel the way they do. We have our coping times.

This internet board is how we vent. Its okay however everyone feels. Before this venue was here I had to kick my dog.

Are you kidding me a rookie and we did not attack him.

You are aware that he is one of the least sacked QBs in the league? He has been sacked one more time then Manning and has thrown one less pass then Manning as well. Carr sacked 12 times, Smith 27 times, he may be a rookie but when he can stand in the pocket as long as he can even a rookie is going to look good at times.

Chiefsfan 1963...really? I have been with Chiefs Coalition since the very beginning In fact..I go back to the old KC Star days. I've posted thousands of posts over the years and very little complaining. I felt like for the most part my comments were well thought out and reasonable and that I contributed to the exchange of ideas. I go off after one game and now, according to you, I'm a malcontent and a prolific complainer who should just leave. Am I reading that right?

shit guys we're all pissed and frustrated at a shitty showing by OUR team we thought had turned the corner...

next up..I'll be there next game against the bastard cheating team I hate more than the raiders....raiders have meant noting to me since the 1994 game at their nasty stadium..winner takes all Joe Montana lead chiefs beat the jeff hostletter faders...derrick Thomas Killed hos on an interception return...

great memories...

shit guys we're all pissed and frustrated at a shitty showing by OUR team we thought had turned the corner...

next up..I'll be there next game against the bastard cheating team I hate more than the raiders....raiders have meant noting to me since the 1994 game at their nasty stadium..winner takes all Joe Montana lead chiefs beat the jeff hostletter faders...derrick Thomas Killed hos on an interception return...

great memories...

Boy I remember that game.

Dink and dunk exposed by the worst team in the NFL. Its wait until next year again. We should have drafted Carr.

Most ridiculous post of the year. Disappointing, really. Bereft of sound analysis, too. The Chiefs didn't lose because of Smith or his receivers, and the Raiders didn't win because of Carr or his receivers. Distribute the unplaced blame accordingly.

He threw 34 times. Missed on 17

Pass defense is good

I think Manning was bored. Denver scored enough points to win the game before the Chiefs even had a first down. where was our pass defense early in the game when Denver drove down and scored TDs when the game was still in question? I could care less that they stopped Peyton from completing a pass late when the game was basically over.

Archived