Do You Want to See the Chiefs Play in the Rain During 2014?

Do You Want to See the Chiefs Play in the Rain During 2014?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Want to See the Chiefs Play in the Rain During 2014?

• Yes
    • No

First of all, the stupid rain totally messed up my efforts to smoke my St. Louis-style pork ribs this past Thursday; they were smoked, but not cooked. I had to finish them in the oven, and I didn't get to eat them until the Raiders were about to finish their game-winning touchdown drive. They tasted great and were tender, but it still feels wrong. There's a reason people don't usually barbecue in the rain.

But back to the topic: I was worried when I saw that the Chiefs were going to have to play much of the game in a driving rain on one of the league's worst-maintained fields. They are almost certainly a finesse team, and I've never really seen a finesse team dominate in any game involving rain. It seemed like the rain favored the Raiders' personnel more than the Chiefs, at least in the sense that the rain slowed the Chiefs down far more than it slowed the Raiders down.

That brings me to this question: Do You Want to See the Chiefs Play in the Rain During 2014? Do you think there's any situation where rain would benefit the Chiefs more than it would their opponent, or do you think that more than most other teams, the Chiefs have personnel and scheming that are favored by dry conditions? Will rain in any subsequent game alter your expectations concerning the outcome of that game?

I want to show we can handle it better next time, but I prefer no next time. I don't like the rain. I went to a college game in the rain yesterday and I had things to dry off my hands, but still it was hard to handle my phone, let alone a football. Hats off to the millionaires who can.

Archived