I'm sticking with Alex Smith

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They will get their 28 points. Can we get at least 29 in Steel City with the crowd yelling? Not without a turnover advantage of at least plus 1 and a perfect day by Santos...and officiating that is totally fair. Can we hit that triumvirate? In Pittsburgh? I put my money on NO. But I would love to be wrong.

Curious as to why you think that?  We have only given up 28 points or more once this year, and that was to the donkeys.  A much better offense than Pittsburgh.  I'm thinking 21.

Curious as to why you think that?  We have only given up 28 points or more once this year, and that was to the donkeys.  A much better offense than Pittsburgh.  I'm thinking 21.

Because they are the best offense in the NFL over 14 games.   Also, two of our players have come down with flu, including Jay Howard.  But maybe we can poke the ball out a couple of times and recover it.  Its all part of that sex that Fetal was talking about.  Poking...

Actually, the newspaper said "flu".  It might just be a cold.  But my step mom in Kansas City is currently down with real influenza A proven by nasal swab and viral typing.  So, its going around.  She is sick as hell.  If two of our players have real flu, there could be 8 of them by Sunday.

The Steelers haven't played great defenses and even when they had, they scored fewer points than 28. Also, some points were in garbage time. No, I'm not saying our defense is great, just good enough to hold them down a little. They don't average that many points. 27.8 is their average, including against bad defenses, so they won't clear their average against ours, IMO, without stupid Kelce, I mean, stupid turnovers.

Regardless of how well Bell is playing, haley will still want to pass. From what I've seen from the Steelers, is that they will lay on the run game once they have the lead. However, they like to see what they get on 1st downs with the run game.

Gotta stop Bell. I think Gaines/Smith will keep Antonio Brown honest throughout the game. He will get his, as long as we prevent the big plays. And Ben drops back, put some heat on him.

The other guy with flu is D. Bowe.   Jay Howard and Dwayne Bowe.

I see a melee of scapegoating on this forum next week. But it will be silliness.   The truth is that we are not championship material yet.  As teams reach must-win time to reach the playoffs after a long, hard season, you have to win on the line of scrimmage where it is loud, cold, you have been on a plane, slept in a hotel, changed time zones,  and are in enemy territory.  We are simply missing too many important pieces at this point. Its just a fact. No disrespect to the men in red, but we are not ready to win on the road in December against a team that has to win and has the best offense in the NFL. Give the Chiefs credit for doing a fine job this year building the roster and playing well against good teams, especially Buffalo, New England,  and Seattle.  If I turn out wrong, I will accept any and all jibes and ridicule with friendliness and patience.

They will get their 28 points. Can we get at least 29 in Steel City with the crowd yelling? Not without a turnover advantage of at least plus 1 and a perfect day by Santos...and officiating that is totally fair. Can we hit that triumvirate? In Pittsburgh? I put my money on NO. But I would love to be wrong.

You'll be wrong. The Steelers' 24th-ranked scoring defense is actually propped up by playing against shitty offenses. Conversely, the Chiefs' mediocre offense looks better when you consider over half our games have been against top 10 defenses. We'll have our way with their defense, it's just a matter of whether we can slow down their offense enough. I put the over/under at 60.

You'll be wrong. The Steelers' 24th-ranked scoring defense is actually propped up by playing against shitty offenses. Conversely, the Chiefs' mediocre offense looks better when you consider over half our games have been against top 10 defenses. We'll have our way with their defense, it's just a matter of whether we can slow down their offense enough. I put the over/under at 60.

Hope you are right.

Of course, people will just point to the game plan and wins. People say that your yards are overrated and that the running game took away passing yards from Manning.

When people try to point to the game plan and wins will Smith, people will bring up stats. Of course, rushing from us does not take away passing yards from Smith. People say it's all about the play action created by Charles and they will ignore the dink and dunks that Manning does and every other quarterback in the league does. I know we have a high quantity of it, but it's not excluded to us.

Of course, it's be great to have both. Manning has the stats and the wins. Nothing of what I said tried to compare the two quarterbacks, I'm just saying that I'm tired that everyone outside of us tries to explain away any success that Smith has but doesn't have an explanation for the great quarterbacks. It's a team game and while some quarterbacks are elite, it doesn't take away from it being a team game.

That link didn't work, but I found the article.  The actual link is http://arrowheadaddict.com/2014/12/18/alex-smith-outplayed-peyton-manning-philip-rivers-past-4-weeks/.

Interesting stuff.  Thanks, KY.  Still, I'll be happily surprised...but surprised, if we win Sunday.

KCSL, I agree with your comments about Smith.  He just goes about his business.  He is the QB people like to hate on.  I'm not sure why.  I'm just glad he plays for us.

That link didn't work, but I found the article.  The actual link is http://arrowheadaddict.com/2014/12/18/alex-smith-outplayed-peyton-manning-philip-rivers-past-4-weeks/.

Interesting stuff.  Thanks, KY.  Still, I'll be happily surprised...but surprised, if we win Sunday.

KCSL, I agree with your comments about Smith.  He just goes about his business.  He is the QB people like to hate on.  I'm not sure why.  I'm just glad he plays for us.

yup

Alex Smith can throw long as long as he can step into his throw. If the pocket collapses, he is very limited. If the Chiefs give Alex Smith a clean pocket, he can be very good. Hence, they need to fix their interior offensive line. 

I didn't compare the two- I just said you could insert Smith's name into a 2010 or 2011 post about cassel and its pretty much the same worn out reasoning that was used back them

But trying to compare cassel and Smiths winning percentages with such a small sample set is a follay and a farce- they cant compare.

But If AReid is such a great coach, why are they winning the division with Smith throwing for 5000 yds....

Why does Flacco need to be thrown in the conversation? Jealousy?

Sadly, I was right about this game.  After watching the previous four weeks, it was clear that we are not playoff material this year.  We need better lines.  Period.  Some of it will improve with experience.  But we need an offensive guard and RT.  And we need D-line help, as well.  This should be a draft to get the best linemen possible.  Thats how you win in the NFL.  We have playmakers.  We need guys to block.  I do think Fisher will blossom next year.  But he needs help.  I am beginning to like Dee Ford.

Sadly, I was right about this game.  After watching the previous four weeks, it was clear that we are not playoff material this year.  We need better lines.  Period.  Some of it will improve with experience.  But we need an offensive guard and RT.  And we need D-line help, as well.  This should be a draft to get the best linemen possible.  Thats how you win in the NFL.  We have playmakers.  We need guys to block.  I do think Fisher will blossom next year.  But he needs help.  I am beginning to like Dee Ford.

Right on. I believe that was Dorsey and Reid's goal with the Fisher and Dee Ford picks. Now we need a another stud DE and LG. Defensive backs can be trained to catch can't they? If not, then i'm not sure we can create turnovers with the ones we have.

Archived